The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant Magic for kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1175 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Cardtoon 1 & 2, do it, you'll thank me later. PhotoShop. the other suggestions are all good too I'm sure. Ripped and restored napkin.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
767 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I may have missed it, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned using a squeeker. I'll borrow a kids crayon (restaurant gives them out). Do a cigarette vanish move and produce it from my elbow. I then make the claim that elbows are magical places. I ask to test the kids elbow and see if his/hers works too. I then reach to their elbow and poke it with my index finger and make their elbow squeek. They LOVE it. Even as young as 2yo kids get it. Try their other elbow, brother, Mom, etc...doesn't work on adults or doesn't work on boys, etc.

I second the chop cup idea. I ask if they like to play hide and seek. Who doesn't right!? I say let's play hide and seek with this little ball and a cup. I use Jamie Grant's handling as published on his blog. No table is required.

I ask the kids to tell me the color and number they see on this card. I then ask if they've ever pretended to be a superhero. I say, well...cards play pretend too. This card looks like a 6h and it sounds like a 6h, it even smells like a 6h. But it's really not a 6h. Here, you rub it on the table (top change). Okay, now turn it over. See, it was really a 2c that was pretending to be a 6h.

Ok everyone...now go make more merriment.

P.S. I'm 100% with the comments about the magic doesn't matter as much if they like you.
P.P.S. Thanks to Remagicon for the ACR idea. I've heard that one before but forgotten to implement it. Will try it tomorrow.
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Thank you Robert and Dan! I appreciate the response. I use the Cardtoons, but not as often as I should. I start at 6:30 tonight. I'll try opening with it.

I love the Clone effect, Robert! I never saw that before. Don't have room for another deck though. Do you guys wear a vest while strolling? I think I need one. 10 years of strolling on and off. It's about time I get one eh?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant Magic for kids (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL