The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sanada Gimmick - how durable? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jcss
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of jcss
I have it for years and still like the first day
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Its a useful tool in the right hands but I do feel its way too expensive for what it is.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Dorianmagic
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Dorianmagic
Unbreakable Sanada? Here's how I did it. Using surgical tape, (the white striated transparent variety), reinforce both upper and lower joints of the gimmick from the inside. Mix enough A/B epoxy, to coat the entire inside surface. I've been using the same one for more than 10 years.
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
209 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Jay Scott Berry has various modifications to the basic Sanada to creat his gimmicks. He uses flesh colored medical type tape. It is fexable and conforms and is flesh colored. Use it to line the inside and even outside the gimmick (just draw on some crease lines). Like a TT, it should not be overtly exposed and won't be seen.
Lynn
Steen Nielsen
View Profile
New user
Denmark
33 Posts

Profile of Steen Nielsen
Jay demonstrates a number of very nice routines with his modified Sanada gimmicks on his recent Penguin live seminar. Definitely worthwhile if you have an interest in this gimmick.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On May 29, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Its a useful tool in the right hands but I do feel its way too expensive for what it is.

$6.99?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4212 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Currently $3.75 at Penguin.

The Jay Scott Berry lecture from Penguin is gold for anyone considering Sanada work.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7330 Posts

Profile of RNK
Bob Sheets' advice was to glue two of them together. He always said when using one it would crack then break on him. But two glued together worked great.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2294 Posts

Profile of David Todd
On Henry Evans's DVD “Something More than Illusion, Volume 3” he teaches an effect called “Silk through Transparent Bag” and also “Time Machine” ,which uses a similar set up. (this clip shows his performance of "Silk through Transparent Bag" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM2j65k_aOI )

On the DVD he briefly mentions in passing that the S-gimmick he uses is made of stronger acrylic material and is a larger capacity than a standard S-gimmick.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the larger capacity acrylic S-gimmick that Henry Evans shows on his video ? If I can purchase it I will prefer that because it is less trouble, but otherwise I will try to make one with FIMO™ polymer modeling clay which has been suggested in the past on one of these forums.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1671 Posts

Profile of Markymark
He has a linking rubber band trick and I'm sure it comes with the gimmick that you are after.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2294 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2015, Markymark wrote:
He has a linking rubber band trick and I'm sure it comes with the gimmick that you are after.

Thanks , Mark. You're right , on the same DVD I have he teaches the linking rubber band effect and it uses the same sort of S-gimmick . If he sells it with the gimmick that's probably the source.

I'll check it out.

(only $15.00 from Penguin ! And it comes with the linked rubber bands, which is also a very nice effect . Having the bands pre-made is a bonus. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3848 )

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sanada Gimmick - how durable? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL