The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Copenetro Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2349 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The last forum was locked. Not sure why but the gimmick is very cool. Easy to use and looks very cool. Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3539 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
What is this?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I just read the other thread yesterday and watched the DVD. Didn't see anything then that would cause locking.

This does look great. Anyone know where this is - or will be - available?

Thanks!

Jim
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3673 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I think it was locked because the inventor or manufacturuer of an effect is not supposed to open a new thread on the effect. I remember getting a version of tis deck from Tannen's in NY in the mid 1970s which used a single coin and the gimmick was so so. This version I believe can use 2-3 coins and it appears that the gimmick is better made.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
What is this?

KJ, Here's a link to the other thread. It has a link to a video demo. The product is a deck that produces coins. Looks better in the demo than it sounds!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&2

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2014, magicinsight wrote:
I think it was locked because the inventor or manufacturuer of an effect is not supposed to open a new thread on the effect. I remember getting a version of tis deck from Tannen's in NY in the mid 1970s which used a single coin and the gimmick was so so. This version I believe can use 2-3 coins and it appears that the gimmick is better made.

Thanks for the info, magicinsight. Much appreciated! Odd though, I've seen some other threads announcing new products started by the creators that weren't locked. I guess sometimes they get by.

Thanks again!

Jim
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3673 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Jim,

Penguin and Hocus-Pocus are selling this. I originally was going to get this from Alakazam in the UK but they only had the European version that held European coins. The ones that are now being sold through Murphies hold US coins.

Best wishes,
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2349 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Yes they can hold almost any coin. Its looks just as good as it shows in the demo J Mac
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3673 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I do not know if it is fair to compare this to Kennedy's Flight Deck, but the benefits of Copenetro Deck is the price compared to FLight Deck ($50 compared with $300.00), it does not use electronics or eelctronic delays, you can control exactly when the penetration/appearance is going to occur, you freely spread and shuffle the cards, it does nto use a special coin and yo can use any coins you have, and you can use mutliple coins appear/penetrate as compared to one coin using flight deck.

The advantages that Flight Deck has is that you do not have to hit or touch the deck or case to make the coin appear/penetrate in the glass, you can be standing or sitting far away from the glass when the coin penetrates/appears in the glass, and there are no moving parts or hinges that could break, tear or wear out, you do not have to palm or hide extra coins.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
These are in stock with us in the UK and I can confirm they work fine with UK coins.

The best ones appear to be 2p, 50p and £2 of which you can get 2 of each inside.

It does work with 10p 3 being able to fit inside but I can't seem to get it working right with the glass on top, maybe they are a bit light.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/c......tas.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
This could be the greatest prop in the world, but I really don't like the trailer one bit. It is very poor quality, shaky and amateurish, reflects badly on the trick.... But I do trust Mark @ Saturn's opinion succinctly - so if he says it'd good, it is!

This is the kind of product where you really kinda need to see the workings before deciding to buy.... as I assume you can't make it yourself for the price.

Bit more info needed...

Is it examinable?
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The whole DVD production quality of this is poor by some standards. It has been made using a standard iDVD template including the menu music.

The teaching is basic but does the job.

The product itself is fantastic it is very well made and works well, it is thin at around 4mm so the gimmick can be in the deck while you do other things.

The thin profile of it is what gives it the deceptive look when the cards are spread on the table.

Basically if you want to produce some coins in this way it's nice and works as shown.

You can look at the deck from the front (dealer grip position) and be very hard pressed to see anything, the part that does the work is very well hidden almost if not invisible.

This is very well made and I doubt you would be able to make one yourself unless you are an expert at this kind of thing.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22120 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The demo shows the trick exactly as it looks if you went in a magic shop and asked to see the Copenetro Deck trick.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Thanks Mark, this is on my shortlist!
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Copenetro Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL