We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Andreu Presents: Legion ! (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2014, bofx wrote:
I don't like to give biased review, but I have tried Legion several times via Skype, and at time I have hit french names with 100% accuracy.

The principle behind Legion is ingenious and Andreu had done a lot of work.

It's not really a problem, but like it was said previously, you must do "something" before going into the name revelation.
Congratulations Andreu, I have a lot of fun performing Legion.

PS : I have not tried it again, but the idea mixing it with the Lo-Shu square or Vitruvian Square's clothes is very good !

Thanks for the review Fabien!

Love to know you're having a blast performing this in french! Smile

I will send you an interesting idea very soon...

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Seems like Alakazam is having a discount on all their online items! Smile

My ebooks are included in this promo:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/index-search_r......k=Andreu

It ends on Tuesday 9 am (UK local time).

So if you've been wanting to make a move, Now is the right time!

Enjoy,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Legion's been a massive success, even more than I initially expected!

I wonder if Mr. Adam (winner of the Legion contest) could post his review / thoughts on the copy he won?

He's owing it to me and all future purchasers. Smile

Best regards,

Andreu.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
489 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Legion's been a massive success, even more than I initially expected!

I wonder if Mr. Adam (winner of the Legion contest) could post his review / thoughts on the copy he won?

He's owing it to me and all future purchasers. Smile

Best regards,

Andreu.

Guilty as charged. I've been overdue in sharing my thoughts on Legion.

Legion does everything that it promises. It offers a wide variety of names that the spectator can choose from. Very extensive. I honestly wouldn't worry about the spectator selecting a name outside of the acceptable range. This does have its trade offs, of course. That is to say, in its current form, this effect wouldn't be ideal for close up. Standup or stage would be the best for this, as it's currently setup.

Andreu offers a solution with very little restriction on the selection of the name. Personally, I think I prefer to make some restrictions on the selection just to make the possibility of names more manageable. Making consessions like this brings this closer to a solution that would work in a wider variety of situations.

If you first restrict the selection to either male or female, making one or two more restrictions should not only go unnoticed, but also make the possible names much more managable, regardless of the performing scenario. FYI, this is not required; just my preference.

Overall, I recommend this. With very little thought, you can apply this to a variety of situations and have a great name divination that is very straightforward, requiring minimal work or memorization.

AH
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1241 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Why is this not ideal for close up? I'm not phishing for the method its just nearly all stage/palour effects can be done close up with a little tweaking...

Kieran
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2014, magicman29 wrote:
Why is this not ideal for close up? I'm not phishing for the method its just nearly all stage/palour effects can be done close up with a little tweaking...

Kieran

You've said it Kieran, with little tweaking it should work always. Smile

If you can do the old "don't look at what I'm writing in here for now" pretext - while holding your cellphone and pretending to be drawing something - you're good to go.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Richard Webster has just written his review for Legion!

Thanks a lot for your time Richard. Smile

Feel free to check it out in the reviews thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=30#3

Cheers,

Andreu.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
I have owned Legion for a couple of weeks now but have only just got around to trying it out it this week...Brilliant!...a very, very nice premise indeed!
This is a sure-fire name divination which follows a simple, interesting and logical procedure that involves the participant from the very beginning.
Highly recommended.
Well done Andreu!

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
Kincaid
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Kincaid
Andreu,
Since I speak brazilian portuguese and I saw that you already translated Legion to various languages, should I be able to translate to my language and use Legion?
Thank you
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
How many times can this be repeated to one spectator? Thanks!
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2014, Kincaid wrote:
Andreu,
Since I speak brazilian portuguese and I saw that you already translated Legion to various languages, should I be able to translate to my language and use Legion?
Thank you

Hmm... everything is possible my brazilian friend! Smile

It will take you at least 2 to 3 weeks to do this if you're willing to put on the required work; I can help you with some parts though.

Enjoy the 2014 FIFA World Cup btw, and let me know if you're still interested after reading this.

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2014, insight wrote:
How many times can this be repeated to one spectator? Thanks!

Nice question.

As you can perform Legion in multiple ways, I would definitely take advantage of this to fool a spectator at least 3 times (more times would be risky, and I wouldn't do all of them in a row, but would wait at least a couple of days between each hit).

On the first instance, I could tell them something like..

"Think about the name of a person that's like a brother / sister to you, please don't make it someone with a longer name, 4 to 5 letters is perfect and I will explain you why in a minute..", this sounds like I'm being ultra casual but its purpose is to narrow down a lot of their choices, it will make my job far easier and effective.

Although this smart scripting is not needed at all, you can certainly apply it to make your life easy... so easy some will hate you for it (hate you in a "WTF, how did you know this so fast?" way LOL). So I simply reveal the name once this is done. Strike One! Two to go. Smile

On a second instance, you can use the approach Jerome kindly explained on the reviews corresponding thread.
You ask them to think of a new name and then do the explained procedure. Hint: Lo Shu square / stones. This is a really clever approach.. wham bam! Strike two! One to go! :O

For the final round, I can simply hand them an i*p pad.
Tell them to write the corresponding numerology (as explained on Legion), stressing the participant to never write the actual letters of the name (!)... this adds an extra layer of deception in the participant's mind, discarding other obvious common methods (p**k, ct, etc).

Strike three.. Home Run! Smile

Andreu.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Brilliant...thx andreu!
Kincaid
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Kincaid
Great! Thanks for the help.
I'm certainly interested. Planning to buy this soon.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2014, caigy wrote:
I have owned Legion for a couple of weeks now but have only just got around to trying it out it this week...Brilliant!...a very, very nice premise indeed!
This is a sure-fire name divination which follows a simple, interesting and logical procedure that involves the participant from the very beginning.
Highly recommended.
Well done Andreu!

Paul Mc.

I'm glad to know you enjoyed it Paul! Smile

Best regards,

Andreu.
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
I recently started using Legion, I love it, its easy to use, and it can be done over the phone, this should be in every mentalists repertoire.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Ulises Galeano wrote:
I recently started using Legion, I love it, its easy to use, and it can be done over the phone, this should be in every mentalists repertoire.

I'm glad you loved Legion, Ulises! Smile

The more I perform it, the more I love the way people react to it, today I nailed a name in less than a minute via Skype while talking to Pablo Amirá and he couldn't believe it I got it so fast, his review may be found right in here (Thanks Pablo!):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=30#9

Everyday I'm thinking of constant improvements, I think I'm close to getting to the point where guessing the name correctly becomes second nature, as everything in life it just requires some practice.

So, my guess is, the more you do this, the more practical it will become for you!

Cheers,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Legion just got reviewed on the MagicSeen Magazine!

You may see it in here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#11

Thanks a lot for the review folks!

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
I got a small review from Chris Philpott regarding Legion, I will ask him if it's ok to share it in here before doing it.

I have been thinking about creating a mobile application based on the effect, I'm currently asking for costs in order to do this.

Best regards,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Open the attached image to read the review.

Best,

Andreu.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Andreu Presents: Legion ! (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL