The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Questions about Shin Lim DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Enigmatum
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Enigmatum
Hey everybody, while watching trailers, I found "21" by Shin Lim and "52 Shades of Red". I wanted to know if "21" was pure training (I am pretty advanced in card magic so its gonna be ok) and which effects can actually be done in close-up ? (I'm 14 and usually perform to my friends and they tend to be pretty close..) About "52 Shades of Red" I know its a gaff deck but I wanted to know if I could use the deck for other effects or can I only perform the effects that are explained ?Moreover I heard that there's a lot of DIY so can the spectators can examine the cards after an effect ? Thanks to whoever responds !
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
You posted this in a forum about volunteering as a magician. You will get more responses if you posted this in the forum for DVDs or the one about gaffed decks and cards. Good luck!
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
Shin Lim is very good at sleight of hand and his moves are pretty advanced. I do not own the 21 dvd but I presume that it is "hard". In quotes cause I don't know your skill lvl relative to me.

Ehh, 52 shades of red is best suited for a stage with camera or parlour kind... some of the effects can be done close but then you would find better alternatives for them. Also, for the tricks, you can show the front and back of the card but you cannot hand them out. None of the routines in 52 shades of red can be handed out (but some can be done close).

And ya, you're in the wrong section Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Questions about Shin Lim DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL