The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IConic By Shin Lim (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Oh my god. Shin is like a hit and run accident.

This time I refuse to turn my head and look 😜

Ha! Quote of the day!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, bgm4gic wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2014, Stucky wrote:
Anyone who believes every bit of this is possible or practical except in front of a camera is gonna be very disappointed I suspect.

This does looks amazing... but you are very right, SHIN seems to like the idea of not performing in front of actual spectators.. its easy to create "miracles" in front of a camera and then edit in music and graphics.

I will wait for reviews.. but I have a feeling its going to be a lot of awkward movements, and space issues.

best,
brandon

That isn't quite true.

Shin loves to perform in massive stadiums filled with thousands watching from afar + his YouTube.

For me the bottom line is he is an extremely talented guy, desparately needs some professional management of his consumer products business, and he is certainly no David Regal, Wayne Houchin or Dan Harlan (to name just a few fantastic and dependable creators) in terms of putting out effects "for the rest of us."

Note how Shin is like a hit and run on these threads btw - pops in at the beginning, then scrams when the actual feedback comes rolling in.

What seems to be happening now is a conveyor belt of one effect after another before anyone has time to absorb how good or not this stuff is, must be less than 2 months and we've had Switch ; iclear; iconic.

Hit and run is right

NB this from the ad copy ...Lol

*For every effect, some DIY is required for customization of the included gaff phones. All of the necessary gimmicks are included in the set.

So we get glossy ads that look spectacular and then buy one of Shins Arts and Crafts DVDs, that concentrate more on the making of the gimmick than the practicality of the effect.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The trailer and detail video really look like this will be good collection of iPhone tricks, that has nothing to do with buying Apps.

I do believe the only drawback will be the ability of most of the Café magician's. An item like this takes skill and guts to present, along with a true believability in yourself to present good sleight of hand magic, with unmatched ability at misdirection. Nothing self working here. You will need to convincingly switch phone's in and out under very difficult situations or you will be doing it only 1 on 1.

$80.00 for 2 gimmicked fake iPhone's that will pass for the real thing, if the one borrowed was not marked or changed in some way to cause it to not be a stock item. It looks it worth it, but how many can do a Tenkai Palm with an iPhone to change to an Apple.

I would say this is only for Real Magicians, it will weed out the pretenders very fast.

Ah brilliant, there are no bad tricks just bad magicians ploy, love it !!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
The trailer and detail video really look like this will be good collection of iPhone tricks, that has nothing to do with buying Apps.

I do believe the only drawback will be the ability of most of the Café magician's. An item like this takes skill and guts to present, along with a true believability in yourself to present good sleight of hand magic, with unmatched ability at misdirection. Nothing self working here. You will need to convincingly switch phone's in and out under very difficult situations or you will be doing it only 1 on 1.

$80.00 for 2 gimmicked fake iPhone's that will pass for the real thing, if the one borrowed was not marked or changed in some way to cause it to not be a stock item. It looks it worth it, but how many can do a Tenkai Palm with an iPhone to change to an Apple.

I would say this is only for Real Magicians, it will weed out the pretenders very fast.

I agree Bill.

The gimmicks and routines look fantastic.

Beginners steer clear, this one's for the pros.

I am not into buying any old tat. So I can't wait to get this and record the fantastic audience reactions with my Sankey's Third Eye System.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

I agree Bill.

The gimmicks and routines look fantastic.

Beginners steer clear, this one's for the pros.

I am not into buying any old tat so I can't wait to get this and record the fantastic audience reactions with my Sankey's Third Eye System.

Lol...welcome back Jamie..I've missed you.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Sashac wrote:
80 $ !!!!???

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53303

Worth every penny to a working pro.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
Quote:
80 $ !!!!???

I shudder to think what a working pro would do with this, she'd be better off sticking with the normal tools of her trade.
Torquay22
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Torquay22
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Alan Rorrison wrote:
By request....http://youtu.be/sZA_HE174F4

looks great
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
80 $ !!!!???

I shudder to think what a working pro would do with this, she'd be better off sticking with the normal tools of her trade.

I've just gone 52 shades of red Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I was trying to be nice and call all you experienced magicians Pros, but if you prefer, "well informed, misdirection experts, that enjoy using the Tenkai Palm", would a better description for you, then so be it. Kind of a long title though. LOL
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
With the Omni-Phone although not siding with Shin, I said I had seen this before.
In this case I clearly remember seeing iLogo way way before Shins release.
While there may be other effects on the DVD, he clearly chose to open with what he felt was the strongest one. Which looks a lot like a jittery version of iLogo.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
That he has stole
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It is becoming increasingly clear that he is an utter merchant banker.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
It is becoming increasingly clear that he is an utter merchant banker.

Who? Alan or Sin Lim?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Both.... I'm a knob... but just in a nice way
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I meant Shin, Alan, not you!
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Set your Unicron and Triceratops on him Alan!
Official Thread Killer
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Alan Rorrison wrote:
That he has stole

Are you suggesting his effect is done the same way? Or are you suggesting you own the idea of moving the logo on a phone?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Alan, on your video, can we see ALL the phone ? I mean, can you turn it ? You also talked about a hands off version of it, is it possible to see it ?
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IConic By Shin Lim (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL