The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Jose Carroll passed away on January 5, 2003 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
The Spanish magic is crying. Our master, one of the best cardicians in the world, and sure the best one in Spain with Arturo De Ascanio and Juan Tamariz, has passed away.

His heart stopped two days ago, in my city Zaragoza, the city where he spent all his infancy. Only 46 years after his birth, God called him to heaven, to see his card magic.

Sure he is now above the sky with the angels, amazing them with his 52 lovers.

"Pepe" Carroll as we knew him here in Spain, was a very well known cardician around the world in the 80s and begining of 90s. He was a very young talented cardician who won in 1982 the 2º award in cardmagic in the FISM (only the great Daryl could overcome him this year). And only six years later in 1988 he won the 1º Award in cardmagic in this FISM overcoming people like Roberto Giobbi who got the 2º award this year.

A great cardician, a great person. He has passed away with only 46 years... I could swear to you that I´m still crying over his death.

Yesterday I was at his funeral, with other magicians like Juan Tamariz. And it was very sad... very, very sad.

Here is my little honoring to him. I don´t know if this is the best place to put this post, but as long as we are all cardicians here, I´m sure you will like to know about him.

Jose Carroll has died... has passed away maybe the best Spanish cardician ever.

"Pepe" and his fifty-two lovers... now rest in peace.

Here is a photo of the master.

Long life to you my master! I am still crying.

All the best magic,
Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
What horrible news!! I still remember his routines on Spanish TV together with Juan Tamariz. Those things inspired me to get into magic. This is so sad to hear...
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Spain has great cardicians and Spain had great cardicians. It's a pity that you had not arrived 52.

Tonight, I will read your 52 Lovers again and will say thank you and good bye.

Hideo Kato
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
Dear Pepe

Thank you for the inspiration.

As the angels enjoy your artistry, I will toast you with a bottle of Red Wine

Forever

Michael Vincent
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10706 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Spain and Europe has produced many wonderful magicians and Pepe was one of the best. I am saddened to hear of this terrible news.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Pablo

So sorry to read of Jose Carroll's passing. His magic and book were delights. I send sympathy to his freinds and family.

I shall re-read 52 Lovers. Wasn't Part 2 planned?

"May his memory be a blessing!"
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
Rafael Benatar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Spain
163 Posts

Profile of Rafael Benatar
Hello Anthony,

There is a part 2 in Spanish. Editorial paginas had recently bought the rights to re-publish his works.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Jose Carroll passed away on January 5, 2003 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL