The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » The best deal in magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Given these austere times, many dealers are claiming their offer to be 'the best deal in magic'.

Here are some examples;
- Reel magic
- Penguin's 5 for $99
- Real Secrets
- At the table live lecture series
- BMB's convention specials
- Saturn magic's points based loyalty scheme

What, in your opinion, is the best deal in magic today?

I'm happy to count your votes and announce a winner by the end of April.

Incentives, bribes and foul play by dealers welcome here. After all, it's about the best deal.

Let's get voting folks.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I like penguin's "old" cool box the most.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
That's one vote for the cool box so far, thanks Magic KL.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Genie, IBM, SAM. Back issues available online. A lifetime of magic for the cost of a subscription

Hudson
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
I love what MJM Magic is doing. They recently stepped it up and upgraded the look of their website, making it a LOT more informative to us shoppers. In addition to slashing their prices to match Penguin, they are CONSTANTLY having these "flash promotions" like the current "Free $5.00 Off Coupon to ANYBODY Who Wants it!"

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&3

Think about that....FREE MONEY, no strings attached. They are trusting that those of us who appreciate their generosity will reward them by coming back.

To me, that right there shows that aren't putting money first, and that they care about the customer experience. Otherwise, they'd be like every other shop and tell you to spend a minimum order to recoup their investment. So kudos to MJM and the team over there. You guys get my vote every time.
- EddieM
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Reel Magic - hands down. You cannot get more magic (and value) for $5 a month - ANYWHERE

Koz rocks

Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Reel Magic It Is. Now listen, I purchase from MJM and Penguin and will contine to do so when they have "sales". That's great. Reel Magic is a flat price always with 2 things I like most: value and content.
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
51 Posts

Profile of Amro
Penguin Magic 5 for $99. Also very quick shipping overseas.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The question is, when someone votes should there not be a requirement that they have experienced ALL of the items you're voting on to be able to make a valid decision?

:) its good to be in the mix, thanks

Koz
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Of the 3 I have tried
- Reel magic
- Penguin's 5 for $99
- At the table live lecture series

I vote for Reel Magic
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, Kozmo wrote:
The question is, when someone votes should there not be a requirement that they have experienced ALL of the items you're voting on to be able to make a valid decision?

:) its good to be in the mix, thanks

Koz

You would also need to qualify what is meant by "best deal". How does the price of an online publication (and all past and future access plus online "classroom") like Reel Magic compare to a loyalty program from an overseas magic shop? or a "sale" that never ends (5 for $99). Even a 1 and done lecture seems to be a whole nother category. (and I have no idea what Real Secrets or BBM's convention specials even are to compare them fairly)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
I would vote for the penguin monthly lecture pass. $50 for 4 lectures(being around 4 hours in duration each lecture) a month is an amazing deal.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Best deal is usually your local brick and mortar if you are lucky enough to have one. Not the prices, no, but the tutoring and support.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Penguin
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Penguin !

Hands Down
Wilf Jonson
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Wilf Jonson
A Genii 2-year subscription gets my vote. It includes...

- 24 months of Genii magazine both on paper and digital format,
- the superb Jennings '67 254 page hardcover book, and
- searchable access to the entire 75-year historical archive of Genii magazine.

Cost: $4.67 per month.

The Penguin lecture pass ($50 for five consecutive lectures, 2-4 hours each) would be my second choice.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Penguin cool box
Penguin buy 5
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
I like both Penguin magic's 5 for $99 and Reel Magic.

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Penguin Live Lecture Pass - roughly 4 lectures a month, at least 2 hours long (but usually 3 - 4 hours), so guaranteed 8 hours of magic from some of magics greatest minds for under $50 a month! That works out to about $12 per lecture.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Penguin Live Lecture Pass - roughly 4 lectures a month, at least 2 hours long (but usually 3 - 4 hours), so guaranteed 8 hours of magic from some of magics greatest minds for under $50 a month! That works out to about $12 per lecture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » The best deal in magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL