The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Frank Garcia Encyclopedia of Sponge ball Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob32
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicbob32
I am looking for a copy of Frank Garcia's Encyclopedia of Sponge Ball Magic. Has anyone seen one for sale recently, and what are they going for these days?
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Andy Greget usually has a copy. It is out of print, I think it is at least $80, maybe more.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Maybe about 4x that price!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Magicbob.

You have a Private Message concerning his very book.

Bill, thanks for defining a baseline price.
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Bill: That is about what I sold my duplicate copy for about five years ago... Of course the copy I sold was in absolute mint condition...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Years ago I went through a really trying time in NYC and had to sell a lot of my belongings. To my deep regret, these included the Garcia Sponge Ball book, plus major works by Slydini, Vernon, Ganson, Paul Harris and many more. I took these, plus many smaller softcover books, to Tannen's Magic Shop. Everything was in mint condition. But Tony Spina knew a desperate guy when he saw one. He paid me $2 each for the softcover books, and $5 for each hardcover.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
947 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2014, arthur stead wrote:
Years ago I went through a really trying time in NYC and had to sell a lot of my belongings. To my deep regret, these included the Garcia Sponge Ball book, plus major works by Slydini, Vernon, Ganson, Paul Harris and many more. I took these, plus many smaller softcover books, to Tannen's Magic Shop. Everything was in mint condition. But Tony Spina knew a desperate guy when he saw one. He paid me $2 each for the softcover books, and $5 for each hardcover.

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!
abra
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of abra
I am in the process of clearing an Estate out of Magic and I do have this book on The Encyclopedia of Sponge Ball Magic by Frank Garcia first edition 1976. This is a hard cover book and in excellent condition. I noticed on Amazon it is going for $295.00 does that sound correct? I would like to sell it but I want to be fair on price.

Thank You,
Bill
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5957 Posts

Profile of motown
The last few I saw on ebay didn't sell for close to that price.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
The book is legendary. But how good is it? Does it contain anything that can't be found elsewhere?
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I've seen a few copies of the sponge ball book for sale ranging from £10 to £150 in the past. Sometimes you fall lucky... I've only seen a couple of the 3 ball routine books though (one of which I bought.)

Bri
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
430 Posts

Profile of ekins
One sold on eBay in May for $250. There's one for sale there now with a starting price of $290 with 2 days to go and no bidders so far.

-Brian
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Sometimes prices on auction sites are intended to skew market perception. I would not rely on auction sites as a price discovery mechanism.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Any answers to my question above?
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1077 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Ray Haining wrote:
Any answers to my question above?

Hi Ray--this might help with your question:

1. http://archive.denisbehr.de/show.php?boo......ht=21282
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Leo H, thanks. Quite a bit in there.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
515 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I just bought a copy for $200 FINALLY!! I've wanted a copy forever! I haven't been as excited as when I got the Books of Wonder or Scripting Magic.
Just had to share! 😀
Steph

PS- There is a copy on EBay right now for $225 "Buy Now" if anyone is still looking for one.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2156 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
If that one is gone off of eBay I know another site selling a Mint condition on a site.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
430 Posts

Profile of ekins
There are several listed now, with one listed for $195 and is a "Buy it Now".

-Brian
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
515 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Tim Cavendish had a copy for sale unless it's gone. I think he only wanted $115.
~Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Frank Garcia Encyclopedia of Sponge ball Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL