We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello there.. :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DeanW
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of DeanW
HI Everyone,

Another beginner to this exquisite art form here, I say beginner, well, because I am, but I first found magic at young age, and when I finally persuaded my parents to take me too a magic shop I was armed with a Svengali deck and dynamic coins, “wow” how I loved to show anyone who cared to watch these effects right up to my middle years of high school, then at this point, unfortunately, other things side tracked my passion.

Now fifteen years on for the last couple of years I have been purchasing and gathering, and enthusiastically over whelming myself with close up magic, I have some lovely effects, but up until two weeks ago I did not have the confidence to perform them. After a couple of glasses of Vino with my partner I pulled out a pack of cards and performed an ambitious card routine finishing with Jay Sankeys “In a Flash”, I could not believe the reaction I got from her, a short while after when I felt the mood was correct I performed ‘White Star”, now the reaction from this was shock, horror, scared and just freaked out. I was hooked.

After this I took these same effects round to a small party, apart from pinging a card across the room when bending my DL for the “Pop Up Card” (not sure they didn’t just think it was all part of the show), it all went well with “White Star” being the highlight for the evening.

I am now engrossed in continuing my journey with cards as well as starting to work my way through Roths Vol 1, I have many a question, much I’m sure has been answered 10 times over on these forums, but I will direct them in the correct area.

Thank you for reading my introduction, I look forward to all the wonders and insight this Café will bring.

Dean ☺
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome DeanW,

If you use the search function (upper right, orange letters) you will see that you were right about most questions having been asked a lot of times.

Still, if you don't find your answers with a search you can always ask.

Even when the answers don't all agree, it is great to have so many perspectives.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello there.. :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL