The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Sharing the Good News (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

To me Gospel magic(and other art forms) is a tool to share my faith.
It is not limited to church walls or this section of the Café.

As I invite people to my church I also invite people to this section of the Café.

I find it a here and other places on the Café,parallel to churches around the world, perhaps at your magic shows, some are non believers.

Some object when I share my faith. I am reminded : happy are the persecuted.....from
Mathew

In a recent thread on discussing children's magic I have suggested that "perhaps the thread could be moved"
Please pray for my ministry in gospel programs, at the Grocery store and of course here at the Café.

This forum is provided as an area for gospel magicians to discuss topics pertaining to the art of gospel magic - - Not for folks to bash gospel magic, or the religious beliefs of the people who do perform gospel magic. If gospel magic is not your thing, the Café provides plenty of other categories to choose from, thank you.
Postings that are contrary to the above guidelines will be removed with no notice or reason given. (Taken from the top of The Good News)

Mat The Lord continue to bless and expand your territory.

Love
Brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Greetings Harris! Yes. Yes, and yes! What is Gospel anyway? For some it is a Mystery that should not be delved into too deeply. It is Sacred. Only Priests have the authority, etc. One can become an anathma.

For others, it is the simple Good News! We now have a connection to God again! Then there is everything in between. "Oh, this is TRUE or that is TRUE..." We get so far off the path it becomes moot. We get to hatin'. Then it becomes violent. WHY??? Because one person does not believe the same as another.

Are Catholics/Orthodox right and the rest wrong? Are Protestants right and Jehova Witnesses wrong? How do you know? The Bible? The Koran? The Book Of Mormon? The message is buried. The whole reason for it, ignored. Really, The Enemy threw a monkey wrench into the machinery. God said, "NO! I'll FIX this..." And They did!

We have been told to wait now. Now, all that is important, falls under TWO things:

1. God is first and foremost. The seat of your being. Your Father In Heaven. Period.
2. Your fellow human being is actually YOU! You wish to have a peach instead of a rock. Why would we EVER give a rock?

The fact that Yeshua is alive right now, is the Good News! They are building a Place. Details are not necessary. Know this. We are of dead water and corruptible Flesh. The Place is in a world of Living Water and The Spirit. Think about that.

How we treat each other. Books mean nothing. Do I clear a way for you, or do I put a stone in your path? Forgiveness. Someone makes a mistake. Who is going to jump on The Self-Righteous Internet and slow-roast them? Over and over? Who steps in and helps restore, make it right and create an atmosphere of Forgiveness?

By keeping the message simple, almost ANY good trick can be adopted for Gospel Magic. One does have to be careful of appearances. A good story can be mistaken for Preaching. Bible Thumping is not entertaining. Sometimes the best Gospel stories have nothing to do with the Bible! Friendships restored, kindness shown, and the simple beauty of God is all it takes!

How we treat each other. I am you. No more, no less. If I feel I have the right to blessings, then by golly YOU do TOO! So I speed things up a bit, kick the ball, get it rolling. Here, have a free bag of chips on me. Here's a Coke, I know you like that.

Magic is one of those blessings one can use for others. As long as Religion does not get in the way...

Doug
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Christ came to people's level. Whether it was a man in a tree or a woman by a fountain.
He went where they went.

Yes even the synagogue.
Telling his earthly parents. Where else would I be.........

Love

Brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
So long as you truly understand the Gospel taught in the Bible I thank God that you're sharing it. It's no trifle. I pray the Lord helps me understand the Gospel and neither add to it or subtract from it.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Amen.

I continue to read, study and participate in classes, study group.

and go to Church a couple of times a week.

My reading includes both the New and Old Testament.

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
"Are Catholics/Orthodox right and the rest wrong? Are Protestants right and Jehova Witnesses wrong? How do you know? The Bible? The Koran? The Book Of Mormon? The message is buried."

No offense, but they can't ALL be right. They contradict each other, and I mean at the most basic level of the gospel, so defining the message IS important. Most of Paul's letters in the New Testament are about getting it right. Read Galatians 1 and 2. So, as a Christian, the Bible is right and the Koran is wrong. Why? The New Testament teaches that Jesus is God. The Koran teaches that Jesus was a prophet only.. Can't both be right. No reason to start wars (yet the Koran suggests that, so another problem that contradicts the New Testament message of tolerance). The Bible is about forgiveness, the Koran is about submission...another major problem.

So, yes, we need to be tolerant of other sentiments, but we should also fight for the truth. St. Paul got kicked out of numerous towns, whipped, incarcerated, etc for his message. Let's not dilute the message down to something insignificant.

We are fallen, sinful creatures that cannot reconcile ourselves to God. That is why we need Jesus: to pay the price for us because we can do nothing that pleases God.
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
Good discussion. The common denominator for all man-made religions is "how can I get to God" through human effort. Biblical Christianity is unique since it's all about how God finds us and provides the way of salvation for us so that there is no boasting.
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Bkmeyer: Amen, brother, you got it. Eph 2:8,9. Unfortunately, in the current culture, no one thinks they (personally) NEED help from God; not realizing they are comparing themselves to others instead of God's perfection.
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
Right, post-modern relativism and pluralism coupled with humanism have certainly paved the way for man-centered effort. But it's hardly new is it, since the Tower of Babel was based upon such thinking?

Blessed Resurrection Sunday to all of you! He is risen indeed.

Bruce
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
499 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
One thing is certain about conflicting doctrine and theology: both can be wrong, one can be right, but BOTH CANNOT BE RIGHT! Absolutely agree BKMEYER and KENODAD. There is absolute truth. The Bible is God's inspired Word and those "cults" and false religions that pervert it based on verse "cherry picking" have got to be called to task! The whole counsel of God's word must be taken into account! We cannot just have a group ecumenical hug! False is false! God be praised!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
The Bible read in context with the Bible.....is a great start (and finish)

AND much better than the movie(s)

love brother Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Sharing the Good News (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL