The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Old school message reminder computer calling phone question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
165 Posts

Profile of Tyler
I wasn't sure where to post this but thought I'd try here...years ago, I used to force a card and have my spectator's phone ring with an automated "computer-voice" revealing their "freely" selected card. This was before apps etc.. My method was a site that allowed you to type in a phone number (my spectators - usually a friend whose number I knew) type the message phonetically (yoo wil pik thee foor ov klubz) and most importantly I was able to set the date and time of the call. I think this was a reminder type site that people would use before google calendar to remind them of birthdays or to buy flowers for instance. So about 3 minutes before the appointed time I would strike up a conversation about cards and they would usually ask if I knew I trick. I'd go into the trick, force a card then magically their phone rings with the compuvoice saying "you will pick the 4 of clubs". I've tried to find the site again, probably lost money or got sued or sold but if anyone knows of this site or one like it, I'd appreciate some help finding it. PM me if you can. Thanks for your time and if I find it, I'll post it here. Best of all it was a free site so I wasn't getting hit with a fee or charge every time I performed the "trick". PS: Having it dial another person's phone wasn't critical as I could have it dial mine but it was better when it called theirs.

Mike
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
That sounds pretty strong! I don't know the site you are talking about but there are apps that will allow something similar (not as good though). for example you can have them call a number, your phone can call a number, you can have their phone visit a website, etc. All revealing a card.
ace620
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ace620
I remember that site from a few years ago.Slips my my mind what the url was!
I'll try to find it again!
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
165 Posts

Profile of Tyler
Thanks all. I think I learned about the site on here years ago as well. I'm trying out the wakerupper site now but it seems to limit to 10 free calls which usually means I'll have to sign up and pay something. I'll monkey with it and get back. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Old school message reminder computer calling phone question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL