The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi I'm new here. :-) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drawacard
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Drawacard
Hi All...

I'm new here - I have been lurking a short while as I have been getting back into magic. I used to perform for family and friends as a child. I have been recapturing the magic recently by buying some new tricks. Things are very different now - I do not know if it is because I have more money or if the tricks are just a lot better or that you had to be magic circle to get the good stuff when I was small - but these modern tricks are awesome. Smile

I used to be able to do some simple card tricks involving holding breaks and controlling a card to the top or bottom with shuffles. I had some Svengali cards and played with different reveals. Burning and restoring notes. Rip and restore stuff. Later in years I got hold of a dynamic coin set - that was amazing. Smile

For the last few months I have been doing coin tricks with stuff I bought off e-bay. Coin unique, bitten coins, bends, split coins... honestly I've never had so much fun with magic in my life. Bought myself a false thumb and some other party tricks. I've also enjoyed doing penetrations with the pk ring and coins. Smile I want to get a flipper coin next - they look fun too.

One thing I bought, which I wish I knew about when I was a boy, was the stripper deck. Man, they are amazing! lol. I can do almost anything with it with ease. Hardly any slights and SO many different effects that you can do. You can make it look like you are a real slight of hand ace when really the cards do all the work. I love them! I know you guys know all about these things, but I thought I'd share and say hello..

Hi - I'm Drawacard, nice to meet you. Smile
Drawacard
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Drawacard
PS - I've picked up a few tips from lurking here and reading around and following links and tutorials. Thanks Guys!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Welcome Drawacard! You're going to have sooo much FUN. Smile

A great lesson for all of us, as Drawacard has noted, everything is "new" if you haven't seen it before; and this applies to both performers and audiences...

Julie
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Drawacard,

It is great to get into a new type of Magic and it sounds like it is going very well for you.

I assume you've visited the "Show Me the Money" section.

-Mary Mowder
Drawacard
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Drawacard
Hello ladies.. thank you for the welcome. Smile x

Thanks Julie - I AM enjoying myself it is true, although some of my friends think it's a little weird - especially the street magic - I love wandering up to random people and seeing their jaws drop when you vanish coins or put a coin through their arm. lol. I told a massive dude the other day that I was going to 'penetrate' his girlfriend... he didn't look that impressed until I put a coin through her and then they both laughed and were impressed by the trick. (I can't resist breaking into a bit of banter when doing tricks). Biting chunks out of my change in shops is fun too - seeing the different reactions on peoples faces - some don't care at all, some are cool and like it... others, lol, just freeze up and go speechless... I thought I'd given the poor girl in McD's a seizure, she just froze to the spot for about 30 seconds with her mouth open - lol. I thought I'd broken her. Just as she was coming round I restored it for good measure, only to set her off again - her little face went red and started to quiver... lol. I had to talk her round and explain that it was just a trick, bless her.... she did giggle and smile when she regained control of herself though.

Hi Mary. Smile I haven't had a chance to go through that section properly yet, but it's on my reading list. I want to get a flipper coin, because it looks like you are a sleight ace using it... I have been doing what looks like a slight of hand with a split coin - it looks cool running it through your fingers and changing it into 2 and then back to one - but it takes a bit of dex and practice.. I think the flipper will take the required skill out of it and the danger of dropping one of the halves (sorry if I sound like a heathen, I would love to be able to do complicated slights, but I don't really know what I am doing). I can palm a coin or 3 - but I have found that my pk ring really helps with this as the coins stick so well to it there is no chance of dropping it whilst looking natural and free with the hands. I have been using it to palm coins for penetration trick. I've never really been able to or confident enough to palm cards - I don't think my hands are large enough.

I think my favorite trick is the coin through the glass (or window as another take on it)... visually it is stunning. I used to love watching it and had NO idea how it was done. Now I love to perform this one as it is just so good. I used to get a little nervous about the set up as dropping a coin into a glass without anyone noticing is not easy - also the glass needs to be thin (or my ring needs to be a more powerfull) otherwise the coin falls out prematurely and gives the game away. How they'd do it before the pk ring with a bit of tape and cotton I do not know - too fiddly.!!

Thanks again and Hi. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi I'm new here. :-) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL