The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Two Card Push Off (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
There are some good ideas in the VIP archives if you do a search.

Hideo, your English describes the tiny but important difference perfectly. Nice description.
Greg.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I am very glad that Greg informed me as above. I am glad my English was understandable and glad you got the point.

Hideo Kato
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Hey Hideo Kato, thanks for the advice. I understand what you meant by that. If I was going to turn the card over, my right hand would move to the card--the card would not move to the right hand.

I'll work on it. I love working on subtleties.

Tony C.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Hello LiquidSn,

Inspired by your video, I started practicing Double Push-off. I noticed a tiny dis-alignment can be adjusted while card is being turned over, not when I take upper right corner of the double.

BTW, why are you showing different way of taking double with right hand? In the latter method, I feel you might be using some ploy to make double push-off easier, for example, bridging double, etc. I never suspected you are using roughing fluid. lol.

You are doing push-off without moving left hand, but I think a really slight necktie move enhances naturalness.

I have been learning card magic for 47 years, but I am still excited to find fine things to improve my card magic.

Hideo Kato
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Kato, there is no special help from the cards for me to push off 2 cards. I would be happy to post a little video on how I do it. It's not anything new; it's just something you have to practice non stop for like 2 months like I did to figure it out.

The key to the pushoff is not the thumb, but the 2nd finger allowing only two cards to come to the right.

Hard to explain on text but I'll tape it soon.

Tony C.
Blog about magic. by me.

MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
I'm coming in very late on this, but Paul Chosse and Hideo Kato both have great information.

I'd only add that you might want to look at a couple of other sources -- the Bro. Hamman D.L. from "Secrets of Bro. John Hamman" and Steve Draun's technique, in "Secrets Draun from Underground." Wesley James recommends Draun's technique in his new "Enchantments." They are no-break, multiple push-off techniques.

Matt Field
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
138 Posts

Profile of adamc
Quote:
On 2004-01-07 16:38, Paul Chosse wrote:

"So, this summer, I’m going to publish this technique in excruciating detail, and let the chumps fall where they may!"

bringing this thread back from the dead... Since there was no update to this, I just wanted to confirm that the following is the manuscript that explains the aforementioned double lift technique:

http://thinklikeaconjurer.com/all24rbps/mechanical/index.htm

am I right? Thanks,

Adam
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Adam,

I might be wrong but I don't think you are right...

The D.turnover described in that manuscript doesn't involve a "pushover". It uses a different method. I believe that the Bauer turnover that Mr Chosse referred to may have been released as part of Mr Steve Youell's Cogitations project a few years back.

The one mentioned in "the Mechanical Deck" is still a good method, but just different from the notion of a pushoff as mentioned in this thread.

If I'm wrong, I apologize - I have only respect for the men mentioned above.

tjo'

PS: any of the Ron Bauer manuscripts are worth buying. Well worth it, in fact.
tjo'
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
I have that manuscript. it isn't the real pushover. Its a version of Dai Versions "push off" that uses a pinky break.
Blog about magic. by me.

adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
138 Posts

Profile of adamc
So how can one obtain the manuscript for this Bauer Double Turnover? It seems that Cogitations is no longer around. When was it published in Genii? Thanks,

Adam
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Adam,

If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll get you the info.

roatc@comcast.net

P.S. To see the difference between the Finley-Vernon Double Turnover and RB's TTT, watch these videos:

Finley-Vernon Double Turnover: http://thinklikeaconjurer.com/all24rbps/......3-A19.rm

Ron Bauer Two Card Turnover Technique: http://thinklikeaconjurer.com/insideinfo......m-TTT.rm
tvellalott
View Profile
New user
melbourne, australia
54 Posts

Profile of tvellalott
I've been doing the Push-Off Double Lift for about 12 months and its just occured to me I don't do a single lift the same as I do a double lift. No one has ever called me on it, but I was wondering if this a major thing that will drastically improve my card work or just a 1 percenter...
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Michael Ammar uses a 2 card push off (not for a double lift however) for Counting Collins Aces. He catches the 2 cards in the crotch of his thumb and then counts 2 cards more (as if they are 3 instead of 4).
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2010-06-30 23:32, tvellalott wrote:
I've been doing the Push-Off Double Lift for about 12 months and its just occured to me I don't do a single lift the same as I do a double lift. No one has ever called me on it, but I was wondering if this a major thing that will drastically improve my card work or just a 1 percenter...

The simple answer, YES! I've always been taught to work toward making all my sneaky moves look the same as my square! Be it shuffles, cuts, deals or turning over a card, make em all look as close to one another as possible!

MMc
tvellalott
View Profile
New user
melbourne, australia
54 Posts

Profile of tvellalott
Thanks Mickey... that's the kick in the butt I needed!
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
The great thing is,if you can do a double turnover,you can do a single,with no practise at all! Result.
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
So far the push off doubles which I know of that are in print are:

Bro John Hamman's (Secrets of Brother John Hamman)
Steve Draun's (Secrets Draun from the underground)
Ross Bertrams's (Bertram on Sleight of Hand)
Ron Bauer's

Anyone have a more complete list?
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
Thanks
koolcracker
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of koolcracker
When you do this, how long do you tend to leave the card face up for? I am debating about whether it looks more natural to just flip it over, let it sit briefly without squaring, and then flip back over, or to square it face up, let it sit and then repeat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Two Card Push Off (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL