The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Judge Judy right now. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Two Magicians battling it over on Judge Judy on Channel 2, if anyone is curious lol
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Hope my DVR is running!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Lol, what are they fighting about?
Twitter @darjames
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Dang, can't get to tv, someone please post what happened, when you have time!
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
"Magician vs. Illusionist. A magician demands that an illusion builder return the money he put down to purchase a $19,000 magic trick."
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Ah where Dynamike leads, others follow.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Overview at http://www.vanishlive.com/2014/03/17/jud......s-court/, I'll post the video if and when it becomes available.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2989 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Why would a $19,000 claim go to small claims court?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1494 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Under 25000 is considered small claims
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5304 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2014, magicbyswh wrote:
Under 25000 is considered small claims

In the US that is only true for the state of Tennessee. Small Claims court dollar limits varies by state, with the lowest state limit being $2,500 (Kentucky and Rhode Island), and the highest limit (other than Tennessee) being $15,000 (Delaware and North Dakota). The average limit for the 50 states and DC is $7,294. Source: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/......031.html

Jim
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
519 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I saw the episome... I don’t think the magician on the show represented the profession of magic very well. He apparently was using foundation money to purchase an illusion for his private use. The illusion builder hardly got to speak. Judge Judy remanded the case back to the originating small claims court with judgement on her show. It all was a bit confusing. (The illusion was a cutting an audience member in thirds.)
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I just do not get why and how many magicians are so absolutely terrible at representing themselves. And this guy claims to not only sell and represent himself as a performer but to get high paying sponsors. It was terrible. He couldn't describe himself, what he does, his performances and his business operations. He really couldn't even answer the most simple of questions.

This also made him look shady, again which is also terrible for business.

This makes me wonder how he gets any bookings or business himself. If this is the culmination of 25 years of experience, hang it up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Judge Judy right now. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL