The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Die-Cipher 2 instructions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of cbmar
I just bought the trick but there aren't any instructions.
Can anyone help me out by scanning or photocopying theirs?
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of cbmar
I found them! Thanks so much.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
232 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Hello, I'm new here on the Café but a lifelong fan of magic. I also recently found my old Die Cipher 2 gimmick, but I don't remember how to obtain the exact number without touching the gimmick.

Can anyone help me with a PM? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can send proof of ownership as well.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You need to touch it. Trying to guess visually from a distance can be done but it's tougher. It's much easier to do what I've done and take it from one spectator and hand it to another for safekeeping, discerning the number in the process.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Image
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Ah yes...the Shadow Knows...as written by good old Walter Gibson (under the pen name Maxwell Grant). Actually I guess it was a young Walter Gibson since he was about 36-ish when he started his 20 years of writing the Shadow series. (over 230 novel length Shadow stories!). OK trivia over now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Di-Cipher 2.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
,,, you found the instructions, great.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2014, Harry Murphy wrote:
Ah yes...the Shadow Knows...as written by good old Walter Gibson (under the pen name Maxwell Grant). Actually I guess it was a young Walter Gibson since he was about 36-ish when he started his 20 years of writing the Shadow series. (over 230 novel length Shadow stories!). OK trivia over now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Di-Cipher 2.


Harry, I was sticking to the regularly scheduled discussion of Die-Cipher II...The Shadow Principle...

Image
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
232 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
I was able to get my answer from a very helpful member on the Café.

This really is "Magicians Helping Magicians". I'm glad to be a new member to these forums!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Sorry I was being my typical know it all self! Just call me the trivia king. Just ignore me!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2014, Harry Murphy wrote:
Sorry I was being my typical know it all self! Just call me the trivia king. Just ignore me!


I enjoyed the post...and some good history for the youngsters (and maybe for some of the old-timers too)!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2710 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2014, Harry Murphy wrote:
Ah yes...the Shadow Knows...as written by good old Walter Gibson (under the pen name Maxwell Grant). Actually I guess it was a young Walter Gibson since he was about 36-ish when he started his 20 years of writing the Shadow series. (over 230 novel length Shadow stories!). OK trivia over now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Di-Cipher 2.


Harry, I was sticking to the regularly scheduled discussion of Die-Cipher II...The Shadow Principle...

Image

I've heard of the "shadow principle"; is it all that good or easy?

Another approach is to put the unit onto the back of the spectators hands. Still, that may be difficult too.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
The Shadow Principle is very, very good, but, it isn't something you can do in five minutes. And, of course, as the title suggests, lighting is involved.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Die-Cipher 2 instructions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL