The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » HootSuite? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
My goal for 2014 is to build my social media campaigns and strategy and ultimately gain leads and customers.

I am wondering if anyone is using Hootsuite and what your experiences are?

I signed up and so far I've utilized the search stream feature and have gained a few new followers. So far so good but any tips from current users would be helpful.

Josh
Josh
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Josh,
I use hootsuite at times and find it handy. As far as social media goes I only use facebook and twitter and I only have a basic free hootsuite account.

I have found hootsuite useful in two ways: 1) sending out the one post/tweet simultaneously from the single platform of hootsuite and 2) scheduling posts/tweets to be sent out at the same time by only making a single post on hootsuite.

I have found that for some posts I prefer to post directly with facebook or tweet directly with twitter. The reason for this is some posts are longer and it's easier to tag people while on facebook. Likewise when tweeting to someone or searching for a specific keyword I find it's easier to use twitter.

I am interested in hearing more about your experience and what advantages you have found with hootsuite, please share...
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
While not directly related to Hootsuite, there is a neat strategy that you can use if working conference or convention events.

You might only be going in to do some roving at a cocktail function, perhaps an afterdinner show, but it can still work.

Keep your eyes out to see if there is an official event Hashtag. These are often printed on display banners and in the Event Agenda that you can get from the registration desk. Now sometimes these tags have few followers, but some have many people reading the stream. Posting some pictures from your roving show or just some comments about the event, puts your name and details in front of a large number of people. I do it all the time at the events I work.

Timothy
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2014, MrHyde wrote:
While not directly related to Hootsuite, there is a neat strategy that you can use if working conference or convention events.

You might only be going in to do some roving at a cocktail function, perhaps an afterdinner show, but it can still work.

Keep your eyes out to see if there is an official event Hashtag. These are often printed on display banners and in the Event Agenda that you can get from the registration desk. Now sometimes these tags have few followers, but some have many people reading the stream. Posting some pictures from your roving show or just some comments about the event, puts your name and details in front of a large number of people. I do it all the time at the events I work.

Timothy

Smart Smile
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
You guys also know that Facebook fan pages allow scheduling for posts right? Not from personal pages but from your fan page.

https://www.facebook.com/help/389849807718635
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2488 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Never heard of Hootsuite
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

So far from what I'm experiencing with hoot suite is amazing.

The real power from what I can tell in my initial learning is the ability to create streams of twitter feeds that contain any keyword or phrase you choose.

What Timothy said above is absolutely one great way to use hoot suite and I'll be doing that exact thing next week for a convention.

But there's another powerful prospecting strategy I've been playing with and actually got a real lead.

I put in the stream "convention 2014" and saw every tweet that contained that exact phrase. There's a lot of dud tweets but if you scan and search and read there are some good tweets out there to comment on and prospect to.

It does take a bit of practice to learn how to filter out the thousands of tweets, but once you find one you can begin the engagement. Here's a tip, don't tweet "book me for your convention" as that is not the point of twitter. It's a social media tool so treating it like a social event is best. If you need help with this read jab jab jab right hook.

Josh
Josh
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
231 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Another thing you might look into is Tweepi. Interesting tools to help you find new people to follow. By hashtags, geolocation, etc. You can google it.

But yeah... Hootsuite is AWESOME.
Joe Skilton
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I use Hootsuite to schedule my posts. I post 3x daily for twitter, fb, and google+. That is for my kids show brand and also for my corporate show brand. I gain new twitter followers almost daily. My FB page likes are also growing.

I don't use HS to post directly to FB since FB tends to share posts made via 3rd party tools with fewer of your followers. I checked my metrics while using HS for FB posts and then after switching to posting directly in FB with the scheduling feature that FB allows. The direct posts definitely get seen by more people.

There a number of places to find useful posts to share and what you share varies according to the interests of your target market.

I highly recommend Gary Vaynerchuck's recent book Jab Jab Jab Right Hook. It will detail how to post, what to include, etc.

Oh...if you're wondering, it takes me about 8 hours to find and full up my post queue for 2 weeks (3-4 per day x 2 markets x 7 days weekly).

I've recently hired a virtual assistant to do this work. After giving her some training the likes continue to grow. Now I have my 8 hours back.

And yes, I've been getting more calls for shows....but I've also recently launched some other marketing efforts and don't yet have full stats on the payback on the various marketing sources.

Good Luck.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I've taken Gary V's advice and am gettin used to all of the platforms independently of each other. Like anything, you get what you put into it. I'll be revisiting hoot suite again soon to see if it will work for my planned approach.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Jab Jab Jab Right Hook is an amazing book for those looking for an actual game plan to content marketing and building social connections and I, too, found it very valuable

After using HootSuite for a few weeks now I found my social media followers for my various projects/businesses increase drastically.

I find a huge amount of value in taking a day (around 3-4 hours) filling my social media accounts with scheduled posts - mostly for Twitter as Twitter is a constantly moving platform.

I created a marketing calendar with all my outbound marketing strategies (email newsletter, blog posts, load HootSuite, etc) and sticking to it has freed up my time and allows me to focus my efforts of fielding emails, calls, requests, shows.

I do not use HootSuite to schedule my FB posts as the schedule post feature is fine for my uses and I don't post to FB everyday. But for Twitter, HootSuite is great!

If you'd like to follow me on Twitter for my PPC Marketing for Service-Based Businesses please feel free to follow @JoshLondonPPC

Josh
Josh
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I love Hootsuite, especially being able to schedule posts. I can set up a series of posts that build on each other. I can set up things to post while I am on the road. Did I mention I love Hootsuite?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » HootSuite? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL