The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Odd Ball 2 by Marc Oberon and WorldmagicShop (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
An updated version of Marc Oberon's popular Oddballs routine!

A selection of small white balls and one single black ball are shown to the audience They are dropped singly into an opaque bag, which is then shaken by a spectator to ensure they are well mixed.

One by one a group of spectators each take a ball from the bag, keeping it concealed at all times in their hand.

Despite the thorough mixing and random distribution of the balls, you can instantly tell who holds the black ball.
This great mentalism effect plays great in close up, parlour and stage environments.

With all new DVD instruction, updated props including an additional black ball for improved handlings.

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/Odd_Ball_2......all2.htm
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I'm interested, but don't want to pay a lot for a c****e bag. Can someone write a review? I personally have a few of Marc's products and they're all really good.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1236 Posts

Profile of magicman29
It's not a c****e bag....

Kieran
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi Twistedace,

I was actually there when Marc filmed the DVD for this. I think it is a winner. There is nothing dodgy about the bag and his presentation was very smooth. This isn't very technically demanding and leaves a lot of scope for presentation, which appealed to me and I've asked Marc for one. I've not followed the link so I don't know about the cost, but it was something that I liked and would be pleased to perform.

Best,

Atlas
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1236 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hey Atlas, do you know how this differs from the original oddball?

Kieran
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10129 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I'd like to know this too. I wasn't all that impressed with the original, so I too would like to know.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I don't know offhand. I'll speak with Marc and get back to you.

Best,

Atlas
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I was looking for the original and couldn't find it. Now that I know it's not a CB I'll pick it up.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Is this a WMS exclusive or will it be available through US dealers?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4114 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Had the original. Really poor quality from what I remember. To me, this plot is incredibly boring.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I would like to hear also if any upgrade on the props from the original version .
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
The video on WMS website states the props have been upgraded. You also get a second black ball for "improved handlings". Although they don't say what those handlings are.

The price on their site is just £25. I'm assuming the method is the same as the previous version.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
David Sangwell
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of David Sangwell
Hi Guys, the additions to this are that you get an additional black ball as well as this being the first time that the routines have been presented on DVD instead of printed instructions. The DVD also includes Marc's additional thoughts on different presentations and additional kicker endings to the effect. The method is indeed the same as the original. As Atlas said, the routine is not technically demanding but allows you to concentrate on how you want to present it rather than an over complicated method. @Twistedace, Oddball2 should be available at dealers world wide within a week.
David "Scooby" Sangwell

World Magic Shop

BartenderHQ
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Is this 100% effective? Also, will the method seem transparent to an audience?
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
So I bought it because it's affordable and I love the plot. The DVD says the difference in the white balls and the black ball is subtle. Not so. There is a huge, visible, noticeable difference in the actual balls which makes this probably unusable for close up. I thought that the quality of the white balls might have been better. The extra black ball is the same as the white balls but is once again noticeably different from the other black ball. I can't go into too much detail.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Twistedace,

What exactly do you mean the difference is not subtle between the black ball and white ball? Are you talking about the color? I was really hoping this would play for close up. I loved the small size of it.

Matthew
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
The white ball and the black ball are made of different material. They give you a second black ball made of the same material as the white balls but the routine won't work without using the specific black ball.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I'm really trying to not give too much away on purpose. If you use it up close, the balls can't be looked at too closely. It'll be fine though if they're kept in the bag, shown separately, quickly, and casually the more that I think of it. This will be very good for parlor/stage
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I want to be clear that I am not knocking this product. It definitely has a place and will be good in certain situations
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I do have the first version and I feel the same the material difference is not subtle. So I guess no improvement on the ball's material compare with the first version one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Odd Ball 2 by Marc Oberon and WorldmagicShop (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL