The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It is great this thread has been switched to "The Good News." Thank God Almighty we are free! Smile
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
It is great this thread has been switched to "The Good News." Thank God Almighty we are free! Smile

Free at last, free at last. Smile

Mike, me and you need to stay here for awhile, seems like we get suckered into the heated debates too easily. Smile

Tom
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2014, Dynamike wrote:.

Thank God Almighty we are free! Smile

Not as free as you might think. Your posts are still being read, disected and commented on in secret Atheistic message boards. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Sat and nature should have typed Satan 's nature.

Harrisdeutsch
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, kimmo wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, wwhokie1 wrote:
Quote:
Tom - I don't comment on threads in the Gospel section. Go there if you want to talk about God with like-minded people who will not challenge your beliefs.

It may surprise you that I recently lectured for the FCM here in England and they welcomed someone with opposing views.

Kimmo, I am impressed that they invited you, would have loved to have been there. Listening is an uncommon skill, listening to someone with opposing views is really rare. I took an English class in college which focused on debate and argumentation. One of our assignments was to take a controversial topic, state our position and then argue for the opposing view. The professor required us to genuinely try to defend the opposing position and rejected any efforts that did not truly try to defeat our own stated views. Some students just couldn't do it. They were incapable of challenging their own beliefs. I found it to be one of the most useful assignments I ever had in college, and helped me to look at opposing views differently. By the way, the professor was an atheist, I am not. I aced the class, I was her favorite student, she loved every paper I wrote, read one of my papers to the class as an example. Her position was that she didn't care what you believed, but know why you believe it. What she had no respect for was people who were too intellectually lazy to take a stand for something, or to have no reason for the stand they take. Challenge what you believe, know what you believe, and be able to identify the faulty, illogical arguments that people make. That is what she taught us. She was one of my favorite professors.

Thanks - a lot of my atheist friends thought I was crazy to go, but I had a great time and I sat in on the church service and all the Gospel lectures that day. I poked fun at religion and Christianity throughout my lecture and evening show and everyone laughed along with me. I made lots of friends there and I think we learned a little bit about each other.

There were a couple of things that disturbed me deeply, even though they seemed normal to the others attending, but on the whole I found it a great experience and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

I would be interested to know, John, what disturbed you deeply at this convention. I feel that if you are going to make a statement like that, it would be nice to know where you had a problem. So others know, Kimmo is a good friend, and I have always found him very open to listening to all sides of a debate before he forms an opinion. JR
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If I meet any atheist this year I will show them my love by inviting them to VBS. It will help them learn more about what "Love" really is. It will also help them learn about the mistake they had in their mind all the time from peer pressure. I have confidence they will apologize to us and become a Believer. I send all of them my prayers deeply.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Roger, drop it.

kimmo has already made it clear that he doesn't want to come here and start trouble.

Quote:

I am happy to respect that the 'Good News' section does not welcome atheists and I stay out of there.

Tom
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2014, TomBoleware wrote:
Roger, drop it.

kimmo has already made it clear that he doesn't want to come here and start trouble.

Quote:

I am happy to respect that the 'Good News' section does not welcome atheists and I stay out of there.

Tom

Tom..........this thread started on the Little Darlings. It has been moved over here for whatever reason, and I am fine with that. However, John has a post on here, and I was asking him a question about the post he made. I see no problem with that. Whether he answers it or not is his choice. It makes no sense to me to have a thread if people cannot make comments on it. I am unsure why you are telling me to drop it. Jolly strange if you ask me!!! Having said that, just for the record I had not seen John's statement about staying out of The Good News section. Where the confusion lies is that this thread started in the Little Darlings.

Now..........can we please carry on peacefully ladies and gentlemen!!! JR

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:

Tom..........this thread started on the Little Darlings. It has been moved over here for whatever reason,

The reason is so this thread will stay peaceful by keeping it away from them. If we invite any of them imagine what this thread will turn into. I agree with Tom.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:

Tom..........this thread started on the Little Darlings. It has been moved over here for whatever reason,

The reason is so this thread will stay peaceful by keeping it away from them. If we invite any of them imagine what this thread will turn into. I agree with Tom.

I thought this was an open forum, and anyone was invited. By the way, who do you mean by "them"?JR
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The ones who are willing to abuse this thread if we keep it open to them.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I started this thread and asked it to be moved here

Love and prayers and thought on VBS routines please.

If anyone is not clear please check the guidelines to this

Smile Smile

Love and prayers

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
I really like this year's 2014 VBS theme for Lifeway. Its a secret agent theme based on apologetics. The theme verse is...1 Peter 3:15: But honor the Messiah as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Here is the daily questions that it presents:

Day 1 - Is Jesus really God's Son?
Day 2 - Was Jesus more than just a good man?
Day 3 - Was Jesus' death real?
Day 4 - Is Jesus alive?
Day 5 - What do I do with the evidence about Jesus?
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Profile of Bryan Drake Show
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, pbj100 wrote:
Kimmo I agree with you religion should not be taught until adulthood when a person is old enough to make an informed decision and not brain washing our kids with it from a young age . I particularly object to religion at school phil

But if one waited until they were old enough to made an informed decision relying only on the facts. Then they wouldn't choose to be religious Smile
I'm going to assume that smiley means that all of that post was tongue in cheek being that some of the best apologists the Christian faith has were raised in nonchristian homes. But I do know that you are a witty fellow so I never know how to take it ha ha.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Bryan Drake Show wrote:

I'm going to assume that smiley means that all of that post was tongue in cheek being that some of the best apologists the Christian faith has were raised in nonchristian homes. But I do know that you are a witty fellow so I never know how to take it ha ha.

Yes, it was meant to be "tongue in cheek" at least partially Smile I'd comment further but I'm not allowed to express my views on matters such as these in here.
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Payne wrote:
Quote:

Yes, it was meant to be "tongue in cheek" at least partially Smile I'd comment further but I'm not allowed to express my views on matters such as these in here.

Ha ha ha. That's why I love you Payne! One of these days, maybe you'll join the light side... ;0)
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:

Ha ha ha. That's why I love you Payne! One of these days, maybe you'll join the light side... ;0)

Thanks, but I'm perfectly happy here on the right side Smile
Bryan Drake Show
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
125 Posts

Oh snap ha ha ha.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You are alwhite with me Payne. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL