The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Small bit of smoke for an appearance... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hello colleagues,

I am planning to do a "teleport" onto a stage using a B Screen -and there will be a voice over where I say wait!!! a fly just flew in as the dematerialization sounds are heard... I want when the screen opens to have some smoke come out with me - I'll be wearing a fly head mask and have a fly arm.... but I don't want to be rigged up with some smoke device and I don't think the venue would like a giant smoke device etc.... I just want one big vapour puff to come with me when the screens are opened....

Any ideas? I might just skip the smoke but just trying to do a Fly tribute - and in the modern flms there is that cool smoke.... and it would be more dramatic.

I do have canned fog that I could use I suppose during the sound effects - but wondering if you FXers have any other options?

Thanks!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
How about a tiny battery operated fog machine? https://looksolutionsusa.com/products/machines/tiny-fx/
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Try VAPR. If you run it long enough in an enclosed area, it might work!

Hope that helps,
Kevin
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
I know that you don't want to have too much fog for the venue but have you considered making the screen with conduit or pvc piping, attaching a hose that runs off stage with a fog machine? Essentially you'd have the output be in the load area which a stage hand will fill with fog at a predetermined time. If you are worried about hang times, how long the fog will stay in the air, you can use a fast dissipating fog fluid or even a fluid designed specifically for low lying fog effects. I've used a product called Cryofog from Froggy's Fog, and the visible smoke lasts for maybe less than three minutes in the air. Haven't tried this, but in theory if you want the fog to be a bit less dense you can dilute it with some distilled water. Just be aware that depending on the machine it may leave water marks near the exit of the fog machine if you dilute it too much.

Hope this helps!

Keo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Small bit of smoke for an appearance... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL