The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Legion: A supremely practical name divination (a review thereof) (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Certainly sounds interesting...i might take the plunge next month...
I've asked to be banned
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Certainly sounds interesting...i might take the plunge next month...

Thanks for the support Iain, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

BTW, this is the comments thread for Legion:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

And this is the website for direct Orders:

http://andreumind06.wix.com/Legion

Cheers,

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
The 2014 Legion Contest has just started!

The winner will receive a FREE Legion copy, you may subscribe & read the conditions in this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

Best luck! Smile

Andreu.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of NeilS
A little while ago I wrote an article on names and the feedback was incredible. People are genuinely interested in names and the meaning behind them and, in Legion, Andreu really taps into this.

As Steve says in his review, Andreu has put an incredible amount of work into Legion and, as I read, further ideas came to mind. Legion is certainly inspiring.

In addition to being used for stage and ideal for Skype and perhaps used over the phone, I can see this being perfect for Psychic Parties and, should you be interested in this area, Legion would definitely be worth considering.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, NeilS wrote:
A little while ago I wrote an article on names and the feedback was incredible. People are genuinely interested in names and the meaning behind them and, in Legion, Andreu really taps into this.

As Steve says in his review, Andreu has put an incredible amount of work into Legion and, as I read, further ideas came to mind. Legion is certainly inspiring.

In addition to being used for stage and ideal for Skype and perhaps used over the phone, I can see this being perfect for Psychic Parties and, should you be interested in this area, Legion would definitely be worth considering.

Thanks for the great review Neil,
I'm very happy to know it inspired you to develop further ideas! Smile

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Top UK Mentalist Paul Stockman just sent me his review on Legion...

Check it out folks!

Dear Andreu,

Thank you for your brilliant ideas in Legion. With a little work true miracles are possible.

I look forward to thrilling my audience with this.

Legion is a wonderful piece of Mentalism. It's a great tool to have in any serious performers arsenal.

- Paul

Thank you so much for the kind words Paul, seems like you loved Legion eh? Smile

Cheers!

Andreu.
Baguette
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Baguette
Hey! I already left my review in the Books/PDF/downloads section but I thought I'd share it with Andreu. It's available here: http://magiciansrapture.blogspot.com.au/
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
624 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Thanks to Steve for pointing this effect out and also to Greg Arce for his comments which led me to buy it.

I have spoken to Andreu about a few ideas with his method for divining a name, but I think the possibilities are vast.

Without giving away the method; what about asking all of your audience to 'think' of a name of someone that is dear to them. Get them to work out the 'necessary'! You divine that someone in the audience is thinking of the number 28 and someone else is thinking of a very low number, maybe a 6 or 7?

You are able get the first person's name after telling THEM a few characteristics about them and their name and be able to name the second person's 'thought of' name without seemingly asking any questions at all!

A 'tossed out name test' without tossing anything out! More importantly, the name that you reveal will mean far more to the person than any word from a book can.

Just a thought,
Alan
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2014, ajb6864 wrote:
Thanks to Steve for pointing this effect out and also to Greg Arce for his comments which led me to buy it.

I have spoken to Andreu about a few ideas with his method for divining a name, but I think the possibilities are vast.

Without giving away the method; what about asking all of your audience to 'think' of a name of someone that is dear to them. Get them to work out the 'necessary'! You divine that someone in the audience is thinking of the number 28 and someone else is thinking of a very low number, maybe a 6 or 7?

You are able get the first person's name after telling THEM a few characteristics about them and their name and be able to name the second person's 'thought of' name without seemingly asking any questions at all!

A 'tossed out name test' without tossing anything out! More importantly, the name that you reveal will mean far more to the person than any word from a book can.

Just a thought,

Alan

Great job Alan! Smile

I see Legion has inspired you to come up with this kick-a** ploy for reading multiple spectators' minds!
It's a beautiful approach for very direct mindreading, thanks for sharing it.

Legion Owners will understand the power of that brilliant / epic suggestion for performing Legion.
And getting all the audience involved? Super exciting to say the least! Smile

What you mention is one among a ton of ideas regarding its presentation - heck - I'm guilty of being in love with Legion: It may as well be among the best material I've written this year and I'm happy to see new ideas are starting to flourish, taking the concept to entire new levels! Smile

PS: Greg Arce sent me some days ago a killer idea:

Hand out a SEALED - yes SEALED ungimmicked envelope - to predict the exact name someone is thinking of! The name is only in THEIR MINDS and they can confirm this 100%, you can ask them if they ever wrote it ANYWHERE - a question that will always receive a negative answer. I'm pretty sure this entire process can be easily done if you're smart and know how to frame the "hard part" CORRECTLY.

Cheers! Smile

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Recently performed Legion via chat to Jerome Finley. He was thinking of Brandon. Nailed it..! Yay! Smile

Jerome, I want to thank you for your time, advice and fantastic support, you're a very kind & positive leader, that always motivates us new creators to keep releasing great material!

Can't wait to know your thoughts about Legion!

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Recently performed Legion via chat to Jerome Finley. He was thinking of Brandon. Nailed it..! Yay! Smile

Jerome, I want to thank you for your time, advice and fantastic support, you're a very kind & positive leader, that always motivates us new creators to keep releasing great material!

Can't wait to know your thoughts about Legion!

Kind regards,

Andreu.

This is very good, I need some time to think about it because, while it works exactly as described and gets the desired results with incredible accuracy, there's a step in the process that needs some reflection. My current solution is to use Scott Grossberg's "Vitruvian Square Casting Cloth" to make the process more organic and provide a very, VERY helpful aid for the participant. Peter Turner created a sensation with his version which I've still not seen or experienced directly, however, Brandon Queen has some vicious work on the propless name divination and I've used my own methods for several years now with great results.

My task at this point is finding ways to blend, meld and streamline everything I've got access to here and make it workable, efficient and effective for my own purpose and varied uses, which are many. "Legion" is wonderful in its premise and the resulting effect can be mind shattering, no doubt about that. There's a necessary step in the process that, while I don't prefer, in this case it's worth it and by combining BQ's unreleased work and current experiments on the theme, my own and what Andreu has provided us with "Legion" I'm feeling pretty confident. For most people the method, presentation and final effect (the direct name revelation of someone only THOUGHT OF) is going to be worth several times what this is sold for. I like it and I can recommend it.

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Thanks for the great comments!

I'm happy to say Legion has been a massive success. Smile

Btw, just received this email:

Quote:
Hi Andreu,

I have tested Legion 2 times via internet with great results.

Good reactions!

Fabien.

Thanks for your feedback Fabien!

Glad to see it works in French so nicely. Smile

Andreu.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
624 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
I'll throw something else into the mix.

If you had a Lo-Shu square set up so that letters of the name were shown and gave the participant a number of stones to place on the square whilst your back was turned.

On turning back, briefly, it would be fairly easy to not only ascertain the total, but also the number of letters in the name.

Just a thought.

Alan
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
That's a fantastic approach Alan..

I like that you're creating your own presentational ideas; it's exactly what I aimed for. Smile

Legion is now 100% compatible with English, Spanish and French names!

Andreu.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2014, ajb6864 wrote:

If you had a Lo-Shu square set up so that letters of the name were shown and gave the participant a number of stones to place on the square whilst your back was turned.

On turning back, briefly, it would be fairly easy to not only ascertain the total, but also the number of letters in the name.

Just a thought.

Alan

Alan,

This is fantastic and exactly what I'm currently doing with regards to the method and resulting approach made available through "Legion." As posted above, I use Scott Grossberg's "Vitruvian Square Casting Cloth" (PERFECT for "Legion!") and Mancala stones.

To begin, my client receives a full "Vitruvian Square" reading via numerology and based upon their name and DOB. During the course of their personal reading we find another person close to the sitter and affecting an important choice or decision of theirs at current. This person is acknowledged and we give them a quick reading to better understand the gifts, strengths, lessons and opportunities they bring to the table.

Because I've already spent a fair amount of time on the participant's own reading, how we use their name as the basis and foundation (etc) it's even easier now when it comes time for "Legion" as they've had a strong and practical working example and now understand the basics.

This is the point wherein I close my eyes, take some deep breaths and begin "tuning into" this individual and their unique energy as expressed through the art and science of numerology. As I'm centering and connecting, my client uses a small bag of Mancala stones, flower petals, colored beads or assorted pieces from my bone casting set for the rest. Once they have done their part on Scott Grossberg's "V.S. Casting Cloth" I open my eyes, note the info briefly as everything is pushed to one side and/or begin my reading as everything else is folded up, returned and put away.

It's strong...really, REALLY strong!

I've got some other ideas I'll send to Andreu and he can share them as desired. Nothing major...just a few personal alterations I've made in the script and my instructions to the participant, subtleties for the gender discovery and how I've been turning this into a full blown "miracle class" reading and demonstration. For those interested, I'm basically going through my entire handling and presentation of Paolo Cavalli's "Shades of Mind/Into the White" combo as taught in my own series "The Professional's Choice" trilogy. By combining elements from the reading with psychological and statistical forces, drawing strong associations and naturally occurring connections this is getting a lot more mileage than one might normally expect or suspect.

After I get this to the point in which I know it was made for and destined, this will take a rightful place in my permanent repertoire and become one of less than a dozen pieces I actively use and have become so well known for...it's that good. I've taken to the important task of memorizing EVERYTHING...week 1, males. Next week, females.

Loving it,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
624 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Jerome,

That sounds fantastic!

I've tried using Legion a couple of times using the 'placing stones' method now and it really can be a very powerful addition to a 'reading' environment.

For example the sitter can ask a question about another person and you can give a very accurate reading (hopefully) and then end with revealing the name in any way you deem suitable, which should take their breath away!

Brilliant product and a very valuable thread.

Thank you all.
Alan
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of NeilS
It is good to see how Legion has generated these other excellent ideas. As I mentioned before, I think the effect could be perfect for Psychic parties.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2014, Jerome Finley wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2014, ajb6864 wrote:

Just a thought.

Alan

Alan,

This is fantastic and exactly what I'm currently doing with regards to the method and resulting approach made available through "Legion." As posted above, I use Scott Grossberg's "Vitruvian Square Casting Cloth" (PERFECT for "Legion!") and Mancala stones.

To begin, my client receives a full "Vitruvian Square" reading via numerology and based upon their name and DOB. During the course of their personal reading we find another person close to the sitter and affecting an important choice or decision of theirs at current. This person is acknowledged and we give them a quick reading to better understand the gifts, strengths, lessons and opportunities they bring to the table.

Because I've already spent a fair amount of time on the participant's own reading, how we use their name as the basis and foundation (etc) it's even easier now when it comes time for "Legion" as they've had a strong and practical working example and now understand the basics.

This is the point wherein I close my eyes, take some deep breaths and begin "tuning into" this individual and their unique energy as expressed through the art and science of numerology. As I'm centering and connecting, my client uses a small bag of Mancala stones, flower petals, colored beads or assorted pieces from my bone casting set for the rest. Once they have done their part on Scott Grossberg's "V.S. Casting Cloth" I open my eyes, note the info briefly as everything is pushed to one side and/or begin my reading as everything else is folded up, returned and put away.

It's strong...really, REALLY strong!

I've got some other ideas I'll send to Andreu and he can share them as desired. Nothing major...just a few personal alterations I've made in the script and my instructions to the participant, subtleties for the gender discovery and how I've been turning this into a full blown "miracle class" reading and demonstration. For those interested, I'm basically going through my entire handling and presentation of Paolo Cavalli's "Shades of Mind/Into the White" combo as taught in my own series "The Professional's Choice" trilogy. By combining elements from the reading with psychological and statistical forces, drawing strong associations and naturally occurring connections this is getting a lot more mileage than one might normally expect or suspect.

After I get this to the point in which I know it was made for and destined, this will take a rightful place in my permanent repertoire and become one of less than a dozen pieces I actively use and have become so well known for...it's that good. I've taken to the important task of memorizing EVERYTHING...week 1, males. Next week, females.

Loving it,
J.

I'm glad you loved Legion Jerome!

I definitely have to agree that the reading context really makes it easier for the participant and performer to get to the final reveal of the name.

I don't own Scott Grossberg's "Vitruvian Square Casting Cloth", so I Was looking for it on this website:
http://www.thinkingmagically.com/Casting%20Cloth.html

But it seems to be down.

Anyway, another great idea that comes to my mind to figure out the length of the name would be to use these:
https://www.etsy.com/es/listing/17874886......f=market

Sure, as soon as they display the correct name to the audience, you will also know this piece of info which you can use in advantage for your final reveal.

I bet the memorization process will take you a long time Jerome, good luck with that!

Kind regards to Jerome and Alan for sharing your awesome ideas.

I've been lucky enough to perform Legion without needing to apparently ask a single question.

Take my word, it hits them really hard. Smile

Andreu.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Relick666
New review posted by Adam Hince, Legion contest winner:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=90#13

Cheers Alan, thanks for the review!

Andreu.
Richtofen
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Richtofen
I bought this, I' m really surprise by so many good review...
As usual people have some products to sell themselves give good feedback...
Andreu I doubt you ever worked a long time on you system.
This system works? YES
Does it practical? No
The spectator need to do lot of calculation, you give him a sheet of paper to help him to do the calculation.
It's boring for the spectator and 1 spectator on 4 calculate wrong...
I'll never use this, garbage!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Legion: A supremely practical name divination (a review thereof) (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL