The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Probably an idiot newbie question....please don't shred me... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dustboy
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of dustboy
Hi, sweat/stickie question. Sometimes my hands are at the right temperature/stickiness for something to work, sometimes they are not. Sometimes the cards seem to be like blue tack, others like teflon.

I am also experiencing the same problem with 3 fly practice with poker chips, sometimes the "wrong one" goes

How do you work with this, or is it just practice, practice and more practice please?

Thnaks.

DB
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
If you use the search function, you will find many posts addressing this subject. The usual suspects pop up as the solutions in each: Golden Touch hand lotion, Sortkwik, or rose water and glycerin (if memory serves).
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6859 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi DB! Smile Welcome to the Café! Yeah. I have the same problem. Coins. One day I can whip through a routine, and today, the coins fall out of CP, I can't do a Liwag worth a .damn, and my Crimp Change just sucks! Humidity, dryness, the weather all contibute. I don't do card sleights, so it's just coins.

I feel ya DB! Try the search function. Golden Touch hand lotion is a great idea! Basically, I usually just wash my hands before practicing or performing. Smile

Doug
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
I use corn huskers lotion once in awhile, like every month or 2.
Sounds like you have dirty hands. I find keeping my hands washed clean,
and then dried all the time is the best way.
IDK, maybe it's the Colorado mountain climate that helps me.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of BCS
This might sound like a strange response, I find that cards and coins work better at body temperature... that is items kept in pockets rather than pulled from a bag or case seem to cooperate better.

Hand management too... keep hands clean and use lotion regularly... constant use of cards can dry your hands out.

good luck,
Bruce
dustboy
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of dustboy
Wow thanks guys, I will investigate further.

Might be a bit difficult to replicate Colorado mountain climate in London, England though.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3892 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
You might also want to check out something called "Gorilla snot". It seems like it might be pine resin. Just a tiny bit on your hands works very well.

KJ
SDMoore1
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of SDMoore1
Maybe I'm so new myself, it isn't for me to judge the quality of a newbie's new thread, but I think this is a real good one.

My 2 cents- cold coins are the worst. I try to warm them up a bit first. Oddly, same with cold cards. (Pockets work!)
A bit of hand lotion...or, as another poster has said, a quick hand washing before performing works too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Probably an idiot newbie question....please don't shred me... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL