The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Think A Drink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bursky
View Profile
New user
West Hollywood, Ca.
78 Posts

Profile of Bursky
For those interested in buy my new
CD book, Think A Drink

This is a CD, not a DVD.

Alan Bursky
PayPal
ThinkADrink@aol.com
$33.00 cd plus $2.00 PayPal fee
Plus shipping. $2.50 continental USA
$7.50 Canada & Mexico
$9.50 Europe.
First class shipping.
So you can figure out the total depending on your location
Thank you,
Alan Bursky
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of swayne100
What is it? Instructions how to make something?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
It's an interesting treatise, with various versions discussed and explained along with the history of the effect.

My only complaint is that I had to pay for the packaging, the shipping and an additional duty of Eur 9 for a 5Mb pdf, which could have easily been offered as a download. That for me made it less worth it. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22007 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just purchased this eBook as a download. Alan Bursky is still selling this as a download. The book would have been a very beautiful printed production, with all the pictures and the layout of the book.

It is a an historical documentation of the trick known as "Think-A-Drink" or "Any Drink Called For" as far as the author could research and discover through acquaintances and printed material over the years. The material is very interesting. The drawings of old pictures taken from old text include line drawings. There no detailed workshop plans for any of the props, or any information on creating a non-toxic container of any kind.

What it does describe is some of the known mixtures and ingredients in making some of the different drinks. None of the ingredients are easy to obtain or work with without extensive experimental experimenting for the person that is "devoted" to making this "act" work.

The only thing as far as the publication, there are small word errors do to using a word that is spelled correctly, but the wrong word. Some works only take on letter to create a correct word, but the wrong word. Attention to proof reading would have been a simple matter to correct these errors. After all it is an electronic document. It would still be easy to correct these small word errors. There is a section that did repeat a previous section in the book instead of referencing the page or section. Again, I am not used to reading on screen, so it could have been me trying to read on screen.

Containers cannot be made easily, unless you know a very good metal spinner and/or a tool and dye maker with an extensive knowledge metal working. This would of course cost to the extreme as in the Kettle being offered by Stevens Magic by Keller O'Neil, which has a price of $7000.00 currently. As was posted by a Café Member who purchased the O'Neil model, this model does have manufacturing errors, preventing it from working correctly, so test it at once if you decide to buy this model. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=8 Seems manufacturers were changed do to delivery times.

So will this book help you find out how to present this effect and the equipment involved, the answer is yes. Will this book make it possible to perform this trick with props, that is totally up to the person who is willing to go the extra mile to have the equipment built. This is not something a DIY person can accomplish on his own.

Did Alan Bursky create a design for a prop that he is using in a show regularly. Unless I missed it, I did not read anything about Alan Bursky designing, making, or having made a design of his own, nor explained it in this book.

The book will make you think a lot about accomplishing this effect, and if you can come up with a combination that will work in the real world of the 21st Century. If you like to read historical books on magic, I then recommend this book. If you want to know the secrets to this trick, then you will enjoy this book. If you only want a workable method to accomplishing this trick in a week or month, then forget this book, and by the O'Neil prop, then by the book to learn how to present this small act.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Bill,
I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Proofreading is important.
Smile
Ihor
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22007 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Especially when a person has to shell out $29.00 for a eBook.

The posts on the Café are free, so they are not free of errors, proof reader coast charge to much. Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
Plus postage and customs because it's a DVD for an ebook Smile BAH!!!
Yours,

Ivan
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1562 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Especially when a person has to shell out $29.00 for a eBook.

The posts on the Café are free, so they are not free of errors, proof reader coast charge to much. Smile

Bill,
Again, I agree with you. "proof reader coast to much"
Smile
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Think A Drink (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL