The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Multiple Card Production Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bentrick
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Bentrick
Hey there, So I have been doing coin and cane magic tricks as my main intrest but now that I am older I am liking the versatility and look of card slieghts. I have already been practicing for a couple of months now and can already do a lot of card forces and controls, color changes and even single card productions(Thank you Encyclopedia of Magic @ Youtube). I really want to be able to do a Multiple card production trick but I just can't seem to pull it off. I do the classic Back-palm version of the production but I just cant seem to do it with multiple cards. Its something I am doing wrong with my fingers I am sure but I just don't know what. I have seen how it is done but I just feel that the resources that I am viewing are not conveying it clear enough for me to lear. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of where I could find some quality video tutorials that could help me learn how to do multple card productions from the back-palm position. It would be a great help!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You use the term: "multiple" card productions. Do you mean production of fans of cards? --Sometimes called "split fans"....
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
JD Draws Things
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of JD Draws Things
Bentrick
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Bentrick
I mean when you have like 7 or more cards in backpalm and you produce one card at a time. but if you can help with that and as well as card fan productions because eventually I would like to perform that as well.
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
...not to be rude, but I think I'm misunderstanding your post.
You said you like card tricks and can do forces/ colour changes and many sleights... then you suddenly ask for help about backpalm productions?

These are two totally different types of magic - Close up and stage manipulations. (You arent going to produce cards for a spectator 5 feet from you)

Also, youtube is pretty much the worst source to learn magic. Use youtube to view other magicians routines and performances, not teenagers "tutorials". If you are serious about learning stage card manipulations, the classic would be Jeff McBride's Art of Card manipulation, however, I learnt it from Jeff Sheridan's The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation.

A tip for you to practice multiple/continuous back production is to practice with 3 cards. Because the hardest part about producing from a stock of cards is to retain your grip of your stock. The technique for producing 3 cards is the same as 30 cards, just that it puts more strain on your fingers (Not that I can hold a 30 card stock either).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Multiple Card Production Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL