The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UK Comics Artist Wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Hi!

Ultimate long shot, I know, but there's a precedent for comics talent among magicians and I'm asking everywhere else so I may as well ask here.

I've begun pitching a 5-issue miniseries, but my artist's suddenly gone and got himself gainfully employed and can no longer commit. Now, I'm looking for a talented narrative artist to take to the publishers. I don't necessarily need an experienced professional (but it can't hurt to ask, right?), but I need someone with an understanding of both the London urban environment and the dynamics of comics storytelling (a London-based artist would obviously be ideal - but I realise I'm asking a lot there).

On the off-chance that this sounds like you or someone you know, PM me and let's see if we can close a deal on this sucker.

Cheers,

Cy.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I spent years in the comic industry. To bad I'm not in the UK!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Quote:
On 2004-01-08 15:36, Firedice27 wrote:
I spent years in the comic industry. To bad I'm not in the UK!

Hey, 'Dice. I've read a bunch of your posts in the past and you were already on my "cool" list before I heard about the comics connection. At this stage, I'm happy to talk to anyone who's interested and genuine, regardless of location. What kind of comics work were you doing?

Cheers,

Cy.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Too bad you are not in the US.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hi, I live within travelling distance of London. I travel regularly to Euston,Waterloo etc Semi Pro comedy Magician PM me if you want more details Smile

Regards,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I started out ghosting colors an inks for DC Comics. Then I got to pencil this horrible Spiderman one-shot. After that, I started writing and drawing my own book called "ANGST". Low distribution, though. I was in the middle of talks with DC/Vertigo about publishing my labor of love, a book called "Alter Deus" when the US comics market dried up like a sardine on a hot sidewalk. So I quit comics and went back to collage for graphic design. Lately, I've been toying with this magic related comic I have in mind, but that is another story....
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
I have comic artist contacts in brighton london and birmingham.....
pm me for info?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UK Comics Artist Wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL