We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » An Apology to all members (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brisingr
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Brisingr
I've always felt guilty for reading the opinions, comments, reviews, advises and discussions contribution by all the Café members over for almost a year or more but without giving back anything to the Café.

I sincerely apologize for such an unethical behaviour.

However, from today onwards I will contribute and provide my personal opinion on some of the discussion here which I have the experience in.

A little bit more about myself:

9 years of experience in magic (which is actually very little compared to most here)

Only started getting paid gigs since last year

Started out as a Close-Up & Street magician, developed interest in stand-up shows for adult but currently working as a freelance children performer (the market here is bigger for kids show) and would one day love to perform on a cruise.

I do not have a mentor so most of what I do are self-taught which can be quite terrible some time.
Things like thinking that you have gotten a move down and performing it only to realise that it looked awkward in the spectator eyes.
Going out sourcing for potential customers and dealing with unexpected requests.
The frustration you have to go thru when learning a move and are unsure whether you are doing it right.
Struggle with Showmanship because moves are not the only key to a good performance.

So I Hope that I could share some of my experiences with newer magician here to avoid what pitfalls or "walls" I have faced.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Brisingr,

I don't think of it as unethical. I think of it as prudent to read for a while till you see if you think this is a safe environment to share in.
(You can see I was a long time lurker as well. LOL)

We have a common interest in Close-Up, performing for Adults and also performing for Kids.

-Mary Mowder
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Brisingr

Welcome to the Café - glad to see you have now come inside - I look forward to reading your contributions.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » An Apology to all members (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL