The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pyramid Scheme? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I am the one who is constantly being attacked, and I'm never posting at the Café again.

Back on topic: I thing tithing is kinda cool, because it's better than paying for religion with tax money like it's done in Europe.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Lobo, you are right so I will up the bet. If I lose and I ever come back, I will send Danny $100.

Of course if I win and Danny posts before one month, Danny owes me $100
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Slide you have promised MANY times never to return.

What is this the WWE? Look dude if we take a vote and the members decide there is not gravity it does not make it so LOL. You are replacing Al as the most unintentionally funny poster in NVMS.

How can what I said to you be an attack, if what you said was not an attack? IT WAS THE SAME THING! EXACTLY! Only difference is I said it as a joke.

THE ONLY way what I said could be an attack Slide, is if what you said was an attack. You should leave forever based on that ALONE! And send $100 to the Lions Club in my name. But you won't. We all know it.

But back to my point, right now as a matter of fact I am having trouble figuring out if you are serious or telling a joke. That is not an attack, this is a fact.

Besides the vote would be rigged. My crew who is plotting to take over the world would all vote for me anyhow! It wouldn't be fair.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"THE ONLY way what I said could be an attack Slide, is if what you said was an attack. You should leave forever based on that ALONE! And send $100 to the Lions Club in my name. But you won't. We all know it. "

Dude. This is serious: I HAVE NEVER WELCHED ON A BET!!!!

If you don't believe me, I will be happy to put in you touch with folks who will verify that.

And I AM SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK. I'm sick of your ad hominem attacks.

Either agree to the bet or agree you are a wrong. here is your chance to get rid of me for good.

And I'll be happy to send the $100 to whomever you wish if you don't want it

"Slide you have promised MANY times never to return. "

Either put up or shut up.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So I was attacking and you were not. It simply does not stand up to basic logic. No matter how angry you are about it basic facts do not change. Agree to the bet or agree I was wrong?

Yea as if those are the only two choices. Maybe we should have a vote as to whether you even have a sense of humor.

Settle down a bit. You are about to burst a vein.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
How bout you both go to your corners .....and face the wall.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm nit even sure how this bet could be settled. The Café doesn't have a poll function.

Threads like this are probably why. Taking a vote on whether someone should leave a forum is a sucker's bet.

Think about, Slide: do you really want your fellow members of this forum to serve as your jury?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2014, Slide wrote:
"Maybe if everyone gave 10% of their income to their favorite cause for making the world a better place to live in, our kids would live in a better place?"

And maybe if parents put 10% of their income towards their children's education and welfare, and their future needs, like a down payment on a house when they get to that point, we'd have a lot better planet. Today the Pope accepted the resignation of a bishop who used millions of paritioners money to decorate his home. That is what tithing brings you.

Tithe to your children instead.

No, that is NOT "what tithing brings you." If it were, the Pope would not have asked for the resignation. The bishop was abusing what tithing is about. If you don't WANT to tithe, that's fine. (I never did, I gave what I could.) But don't point at the rotten apple and claim it as the norm. Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Why can't we all just get along???
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
No, you can't report the church or the pastor for keeping your 10% tithes even though the Good Book says you'll be repaid tenfold.

But it's not a pyramid. More like a spire.

Thanks for a good laugh...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Ok , So my joke post gets reported and deleted , but all of y'alls whining and biathcing is perfectly acceptable . Sheesh!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
I'm nit even sure how this bet could be settled. The Café doesn't have a poll function.

Threads like this are probably why. Taking a vote on whether someone should leave a forum is a sucker's bet.

Think about, Slide: do you really want your fellow members of this forum to serve as your jury?

For the record I was again simply pointing out irony. I was making a joke about putting it to a vote, which if that was unclear my bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Danny, for the record, I wasn't talking to you.

;)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh I knew that. Usually when you address me it is with the customary "hey dumb bell!" It seems really the only one who is so hot on the idea is Slide. I think everyone else knows what is going on. Thanks Jeff!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
We'd all get along if we had more religion in our hearts. We'd have more religion if more people donated to their faithes. We'd donate more if we all would tithe... Oh wait a minute...this is where we started..,
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2014, imgic wrote:
We'd all get along if we had more religion in our hearts.

We'd all get along better if there were no religions. Imagine?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes it would be just heaven like Noth Korea.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2014, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2014, imgic wrote:
We'd all get along if we had more religion in our hearts.

We'd all get along better if there were no religions. Imagine?

Imagine all the people. ..
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It isn't hard to do...
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Nothing to kill or die for...
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pyramid Scheme? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL