The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2014 entrée: Barry Mitchell » » Clown style magic. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheClownPoP-PoP
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of TheClownPoP-PoP
Barry, I was wondering if you had any words on performing Clown Style Magic being performed differently than performing Magic as a Magician. I have my own school of thought on this, but would love to hear your point of view. Also I may add that your products are very easily used by clowns as well, so, hey CLOWNS I encourage you to buy his stuff! Thanks Barry.
BarryMitchellMagic
View Profile
V.I.P.
47 Posts

Profile of BarryMitchellMagic
Thanks for your kind words in your question. I think clowns can use magic just as well as magicians. The only difference is whether the particular piece of magic matches the clowns style. I know this is a silly example but a mime shouldn't try to do a storytelling trick. However, a mime can be a great storyteller in their own way. The problem becomes, does the clown or magician really KNOW WHO THEY ARE enough to know what tricks/props to choose. That's a question I can't answer. But if I tryed to explain "clown style magic" I was say it's something that has
Wow - creates wow in the eyes of children
Simple - I think all magic should be simple but that's just me.
Musical - I think music adds to every routine
Colorful - You can't beat color in magic and working with children.
Cartoon Style - This is a key to clowns in my opinion
FUN
And if you think about it all those elements should be in a good children's magician show too so clown magic is kid magic . . . period.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Wow! This was excellent advice for any magician!

KJ
BarryMitchellMagic
View Profile
V.I.P.
47 Posts

Profile of BarryMitchellMagic
Thanks. Very kind of you to feel that way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2014 entrée: Barry Mitchell » » Clown style magic. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL