The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » 1st gospel effect coming up (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm blessed to have started going to a church where the pastor is supportive of gospel magic and even has used effects in his sermons to illustrate a biblical lesson.

They know I'm a magician and have been wanting to start doing gospel magic and have given me the opportunity to begin performing effects for the AWANA kids.

Next Wednesday night is the big night. I'm sharing my testimony and the gospel. The door is open for me doing a 35 minute show in the future.

Please say a short prayer that I say what God wants, they hear the message and enjoy the magic.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Hi, Theodore,

I will be praying for you. AWANA is a great group to work with. I have been blessed to have not only been a leader in the group, but also to perform for them in several churches. In fact my first program after beginning my magical ministry was for an AWANA group. Since their primary focus is on scripture and memorization it is a joy to work up routines that relate to particular passages. Also the age groups are divided into colors, so there are many possibilities using ropes, silks, balls and the like to illustrate.

Best in your endeavors.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Ted

I also have been involved with AWANA for several years (8 years as the game director). Like Steve our first magical ministry was for our AWANA group. It's been my experience that this group is very receptive to these type of shows, having performed the "message" portion of the AWANA Bible Quiz for several years now.

I believe your heart is in the right place and God will use your talents to help spread the gospel. I will certainly be praying for you.

Please let us all know how well it goes.

Mark

PS Do you have a particular "theme" for the show? Salvation, power of prayer, what is sin? etc.
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks for the replies guys Smile

I'm writing the show now and the theme is: What is the gospel? I'll be discussing and illustrating the message of the gospel from several angles. Thanks to Anatomy Of A Gospel Magic Show by Duane Laflin for the pointers on theming and scripting. Some of the best 15 dollars I've ever spent.

Here's the effects list and scripts I've been working on so far. And just to clarify, the effect I'm sharing this coming week is just to introduce myself and share my testimony with the group.

1. What is the good news? A brief introduction effect where I get to introduce myself, briefly talk about magic and gospel magic and do a short trick with a p@lmo using a red silk to illustrate how our sins make us red like scarlet, a white silk to show how we can be made pure like wool and finally a change into a red and white striped silk to explain how this happens- by His stripes we are healed. Scriptures: Isaiah 1:18 and 53:5

2. The gospel is a message of restoration. Cut and restored rope routine. Reference Scriptures: Isaiah 59:1-2 and Psalm 23:3.

3. The gospel enables us to put God back in His proper place in our lives. Joker Tube routine.

4. Who is the gospel for? Silk cabby effect with string of flags production. The gospel is for everyone for God so loved the world...

5. The gospel's transforming message makes us all equal in Christ. I can see this being powerful for kids who have to deal with peer pressure all the time. Professor's Nightmare routine.

6. The gospel is the only way to heaven. 2+2=5 by Duane Laflin and most likely also combining this part of the message with a Crystal Tube and Jesus silk.

7. The gospel is something to be shared. I'll use my Color Changing Shoelaces routine I shared with you earlier on the forum, Mark, for this effect.

8. Then the closer is actually the effect I'm sharing this next Wednesday. My testimony and the gospel message using a h@nk ball and silk fountain routine. I don't mind doing it again later because I'm sure there will be some who didn't see it the first time and it will be a couple months down the road after I finish writing and rehearsing.

This will be my first gospel show and one that I'd like to approach local churches with about performing. I need to get a Lefler table and a backdrop for that endeavor, but what I have now will work for my home church and getting my feet wet.

I'd also like to intro with a couple minutes of magic to music before the intro. We'll see how God leads and provides.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
This sounds like an excellent show, Theodore! Wish I could attend! Smile

Doug
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Theodore,

That's great to hear you are involved in Awana. I have been teaching Awana using gospel magic for the 5 years. Awana is a great program and many kids have come to Christ. Your list sounds like a winner.

Tom
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks for the encouragement guys! If you could pray for me that would be great. Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Love and prayers

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
It went very well, thanks for your prayers. After the effect I had to go to worship practice so I didn't get any feedback until my wife called me later and told me there was quite a buzz about me, my magic and my presentation. She told me people were really talking about how good I am. ! Smile What a blessing Smile

So glad the message got out. There were several audible gasps during the fountain production as well! Smile

Can't wait to do more and see how God provides for the things I need to perform my full show.

Onward and upward!

Thanks again-

Theodore
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Feeling a little convicted about my last post. Just to clarify- I know that sharing the gospel isn't about me, myself and I. Hope I didn't come across as being self-centered. I was just excited.

It felt rewarding to share the message and get such a positive response from my friends and brothers in Christ.

We're already planning another visit depending on where God leads with another effect. Meanwhile, I'll continue writing my full show.

Thanks again!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
No worries, it's ok to feel good once in awhile!

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks Glen! I appreciate the feedback Smile
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Anytime!

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I have pondered that kind of thinking myself and I realize that God made us with a thinking element yet totally counter-balanced it with an emotional element. In fact it is the emotional aspect that motivates most of what we decide to do. When our emotions and passions sometimes lead us astray it is easy, and proper, to feel guilty or convicted BUT conversely when we are in the midst of seeking him and "abiding" in him all of the emotions and feelings that we have can and are a very good and appropriate thing. I am absolutely convinced that He wants us to enjoy the life He has given us and include him in every part of it with a heart of gratitude and reverence. Rambling over...

Peace out,

Glen

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Amen. Those are some good points.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » 1st gospel effect coming up (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL