The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Mind Reader Wallet looking for review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I am looking for reviews of the mind reader wallet....I am thinking about this if it can be used as a daily wallet... here is a link for it...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=689#

Thanks,
TPD
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Try a search or browse...
SeanJohn
View Profile
New user
Finland
52 Posts

Profile of SeanJohn
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hello TPD,
After checking out all the posts on the wallet, I'm sure you will agree that the best is: The "Mindreader Wallet" by Magic Makers.
Gerry
Thoughts Have Wings Smile
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Well guys,
Thank you...I tried doing a search but I guess I did wrong or something..LOL I new what the method was but just wasn't sure about the quality. I didn't care for the quality of TT so I went ahead and ordered it last night...I will let you guys know what I think once I get it...

TPDMAGIC
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
I just got it recently and am not happy with the dimness of the light at all. Does anyone know if the tt has a brighter light?
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi ellisd,
Are you able to see what's inscribed? If you can then it's working fine.
I also owned the TT and got rid of it! The light flashes around the edges of the wallet...a total give-away! It's also made in plastic! The "MIndreader Wallet' is made in leather!
If I were you I would contact Magic Makers and explain
the problem. I'm sure if it's defective they will replace it for you. They really back-up their products.
Hope this helps!
Gerard
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Check out Kenton Kneppers kolossal killer for a good wallet effect Smile
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Ellisd,
You may have received a wallet that's been on the dealer shelf too long and lost its ooomph.

Same advice... call Magic Makers, they have terrific customer support.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
The advantage of The Minder Reader Wallet that I've found is it's "readable" enough, but not so much that it gives itself away.

As others have said; the leather wallet itself is nicely made, plus it comes with two "units".
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
TT is better and brighter. The Mind Reader gimmicks on average, are much dimmer than the ones suppplied with the Thought Transmitter and the leather looks fake and cheap. However I like that it comes with an extra gimmick.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Giochi,
Do yourself a favor like I did before performing with the TT. Stand in front of a mirror and press the gimmick. You will see a light around the edges of the wallet. You would not want that to happen to you during a performance.
A friendly advice.
Regards,
Gerard
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Gerry-you are absolutely right about the light that shines out the sides of the TT!!!!!
But guess what,the same happens with the magic makers product!!!
I have performed using both of these devices, tt has been more reliable in performance.
shufflemup
View Profile
New user
John
10 Posts

Profile of shufflemup
The instructions that came with the thought transmitter cover the "leak" on the sides of the wallet. Simply make sure the sides of the wallet are covered when you get the information. This is easy to do when you transfer the wallet fom the left hand to the right hand.
If you are working in a dimley lit room, try a reddish post it note.
Hope this helps.

John
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
How can you say the mind reader wallet is an improvement????
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I handle dozens of the rip-offs at the magic store where I work, and can tell you that it is no way as bright as the Thought Transmitter. Providing an extra battery pack with the unit makes it very easy for them to say “we are sorry that you think the light is not too bright, BUT we give you an extra battery.”

Regarding the light that comes out from the BRIGHTER LIGHT in the Thought Transmitter. I use it all the time and have never had anyone notice any light showing. But then most experienced magician could use a RED thumb Tip without having anyone see it during a routine.

Bob
JoJo41
View Profile
New user
Honolulu, HI
46 Posts

Profile of JoJo41
More than many, I realize that we all have our little hypocrisies. (Some not so little perhaps.)
Many years ago I just made up my mind that I wasn't going to steal or knowingly underwrite anyone who does. I concede this has cost me a small fortune. (A few would attempt to comfort me with tales of how I am storing up showers of blessings in the Hereafter by being so circumspect, and I appreciate their sentiment. But I feel the PINCH in the old Here and Now!) While I am often surrounded by those who "burn" CDs and DVDs, I PAY for mine. And I have never knowingly copied a VHS tape (remember those?!) when that was the extent of the technology.
I know enough about certain dealers and certain manufacturers to know who is knocking off and who is selling the real deal.
As to living in the dark ages or driving a Model T or whatever, I just believe that for me and my house I owe the orginal manufacturer my allegiance. He is the one who invested his time and money into development and manufacture, and he is the one who came up with the idea in the first place. Same with the legitimate, authorized dealer who carries the product. Somewhere along the line in this age of KAZAA and NAPSTER we have whole generations coming up who don't think theft of intellectual property is theft. Well, live with it: it IS.
Yes, there are VERSIONS of certain generic effects: ZOMBIES are ZOMBIES; ASHERAHS are ASHERAHS; METAMORPHOSISES are METAMORPHOSISES. Naturally, each performer will add his or her own touches to the performance, or perhaps make some modification to the actual props.
But to come on and claim that something as blatantly copied as the MIND READER is an "improvement" or "modification" leaves me uncomfortable to say the least.
Now, I'm not the Thought Police, and I'm not anyone's daddy here, nor am I anyone's priest or minister, so don't get the idea that I'm trying to preach or tell you how to run your life. But, doggone it, we all know that the magic industry continues to suffer from those who apparently have no compunction whatever about stealing someone else's product.
Again, for me and my house, it just ain't right and I choose to spend my money elsewhere.
Chris Gold
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Chris Gold
Gerard,

It should be clearly obvious to you now that others share my same opinion of rip-off artists.

After thinking about it, I also forgot to mention that in ALL of Magic Makers full page color adds it says, DEALER INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME. WE ARE WHOLSALE ONLY. Wholesale means they sell only to magic dealers, not to the general public.

It is also common practice that when a wholesaler advertises his products, and a retail customer contacts him, the wholesaler give references to shops that have purchased products from them. Yet you continue to post that you have purchased said items directly from them. Are you a magic shop? Or perhaps you work for Magic Makers?

I guess that Magic Makers not only likes to rip-off the orignators of the effects they copy, but they also rip-off any dealers that may have already purchased these products.

So, good for you Gerard! You must be really proud to support such a fine firm. So, bang that drum, and bang it loudly!
Chris Gold
TS Entertainment INC
Hollywood, CA
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
JoJo41, giochi, and Chris Gold:

It is worth noting, that Tower Records is going into bankruptcy this week.
Bob
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Chris,
For the record! You better put some glasses on! I have never stated I purchase items from Magic Makers!

Wellington, here is another one for you to ponder!
Besides the pen which was covered! The supposedly rip-off by Magic Makers, of the brass "Nest of Boxes" by Viking! ("Spellbinding boxes" Magic Makers)
*BELIEVE IT OR NOT*!!! TENYO came out with a plastic version of it in the 70's!!!
By making these untrue statements, you are actually insulting yourself and the companies that YOU SUPPORT!
without valid facts! Who knows! maybe all these products originated somewhere else besides where we think they originated from.
For the record I praise "Viking" and other well known companies! I own many expensive "Viking" effects! They make beautiful products!
It's quite drole, that some of you, are still continuing your insults.....instead of praising all companies on their good products!
Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Mind Reader Wallet looking for review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL