The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm going to be a mom... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
....well, a SOCCER mom, that is! My older son just signed up to try out for the soccer team at his middle school. Actually, for the sixth grade, they don't have "try-outs." If they show up for the first practice, they make the team. He wants to do this, so I'm encouraging him. So, it's time to trade in the ole Cavalier for a mini-van! Smile Now, I'm going to be one of those moms I always used to make fun of!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Yeah, but you'll be the only soccer mom with handcuff marks on your wrists!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Yeah but your highway vision will be greatly enhanced! If you cant beat, 'em join 'em!

Oh how I used to hate getting stuck behind those "boxes" (my nickname for minvans, it goes for SUV's too), boxes, boxes, boxes... everywhere you go you end up behind a box!
Better to be in one yourself, congratulations!

Oh, and good luck to your son and his team Smile (imagine tiny little soccer balls at this guy's feet) Smile

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
<<<So, it's time to trade in the ole Cavalier for a mini-van!>>>

Let us know how many kids you can pack in.
My personal record: 13 (not including driver)
Vehicle used: 1995 Villager
Options used: earplugs, stupidity
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Blindbo, perhaps it was not stupidity. Maybe it got something to do with that growth on the top of you head!! I've been waiting for the right opportunity for that one! Smile

Sorry about jumping off topic. It's a blindbo thing!

Congratulations Margarette!! I'm sure you are significantly different from the moms of old you mentioned. There's just something about a magical mother!! Smile Smile

Lee.
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Margarette,

Enjoy your mini-van!! Hey it's going to be useful for shows too! I've been debating as well to trade in or at least store my sports car for a much bigger vehicle! I can only take one of my three dogs in my car at one time - it's a pain going to the off leash dog park with one dog, return home - get another and keep repeating this until all three have had a turn. Smile The thing is - I used to lease a mini-van but never took the dogs out in it for fear they'd get it all dirty and muddy! Ha!

Enjoy your kids and the van Margarette, and remember with a bigger vehicle everyone is going to ask you to be a driver to the games. Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I had a Jeep a few years ago, but traded it in for the Cavalier when it just kept getting sicker and sicker. I think the tree falling on it was the kicker. I liked the Jeep, but decided I didn't need it since I had quit my job at the Highway Department and wouldn't need the 4WD for driving to work in inclement weather. If I only knew then what I know now!!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm going to be a mom... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL