The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Blank Packet Tricks (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
[quote]On Jun 20, 2014, Paul wrote:
Pronto Printo performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjvMnoco8fE

Correction, the effect is actually called "Pronto Print" not Pronto Printo. It was released by Peter in 2005.
Micha-el
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Wild Blanks by Shigeo Takagi has many opportunities for personalization.
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
Ultimate four card trick by George Bradley.
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
Does anyone know the name of this effect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHhbmMsVKDs ? I feel bad. I've been preforming this effect for a few month now. I first saw Dynamo preform it. But I've been wondering what's name of the effect. And who invented it?
norman
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of norman
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2014, fonda57 wrote:
If you like blank cards and you have John Bannon's Impossibilia, he has a great one called Twilight Zone Assembly. It is not a packet trick, it's like a slow motion ace assembly with blank cards.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4339 Posts

Profile of videoman
Poker Test 2.0 by Erik Casey can be done with blank cards and is one of my favorites.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6209 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Headhunter- Bob Farmer
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Ghost Flight
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
85 Posts

Profile of Proximo
I like John Bannon's Duplicity.
Plays out a lot like Bannon's Twisted Sisters.

Here's what is says on Bannon's website: "A red-backed Ace from one packet changes places with a blue-backed Ace in another packet. Your spectator chooses which Aces transpose. In a series of surprising developments, the mentally-selected Aces appear face-up in each respective packet, then their backs prove to be different, then as a final climax, all of the other cards in each packet are blank."
CraigB
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of CraigB
I always liked Prest Printo, but never actually preform it, usually I don't have enough table space. And since I don't perform it regularly, I worry I'll get the orientations wrong. It's a great trick though.

Also I love Dazed. Perform it often.

I just learned of Duplicity, and one big note is that it doesn't require a table, which Twisted Sisters does, and some of the magic takes place in the spectator's hands which is always good.
Gasman
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Gasman
A hidden gem is "Penetration of Blank" in Phil Goldstein's (Max Maven's) book Focus. It's a blank card version of Dai Vernon's Penetration of Thought (in The Dai Vernon Book of Magic) and Thought Transposed (Dai Vernon's More Inner Secrets of Card Magic). The face of any one of four cards (free choice) transposes onto a blank card leaving the named card faceless.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1281 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I just came across this great thread, while trying to track down the trick that some blank-backed cards I have belong to.

Besides some blanked-faced cards and completely blank cards, I have the following set of gaffs:

8/9/10/J/Q/K Spades - all blank-backed.

Does any specific packet trick or magic routine (including some of the above mentioned ones) come to mind which would use a specific set or sub-set of cards like these?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1052 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
It has already been mentioned, but "Pronto-Print" by Peter Duffie is a great option. I worked out a variation that allows you to print the backs of the cards as well as the faces. It involves two selected cards and adds a kicker transformation to the end of the effect. Peter now includes this handling as a bonus in the downloadable version of the trick. I think he still sells it:

http://www.peterduffie.co.uk/00pronto_vortex.htm

Clearly I'm a little biased, but this is one of the best blank card packet tricks out there.

@EndersGame, one variation I do has a Royal Flush ending instead of involving a second selection. This variation could utilise some of the cards you have.

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Blank Packet Tricks (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL