The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hey FCMers: Don't flood to see "Noah" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi Fellow FCMers: I posted on another section about the new "Noah" movie with Russell Crowe. What an absolute boring poor excuse for entertainment- an absolute mess of a plot that was not only absurd- it was completely unwatchable, even by totally lame "Watchers" concocted for this movie (and they couldn't save it either).

I wanted to be one either one of the animals passed out on the Ark or having also been relieved of my misery by perishing in the flood itself. I cared more about the animals than any of the idiots in the plot. Finally, my wife and I walked out, couldn't handle Noah wanting to slay his granddaughter.

Save yourself some agony and avoid being taken by the name of the title character being used to promote this flick- easily one of the worst movies I have seen in my lifetime. Just because the use of the "Noah" name may be of interest to FCMers, any resemblance ends there. I am so glad The Vatican and other religious leaders rightfully stayed far, far away from associating in any way with this dopey and hideously horrendous movie. And, it's B-O-R-I-N-G to boot, drags along like an annoying leaky faucet.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
540 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
No really, tell us how you really feel.

Just kidding. I assumed even if it was entertaining, I wouldn't trust Hollywood to get the Bible right. Thanks for the heads up though.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I didn't see it but a lot of other people sure did!

'Noah' Rides Controversy to $44 Million Box-Office Triumph

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=859715
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I think bad word of mouth is going to sink this 130 million dollar ark...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1820 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Just based on the TV ads, I wouldn't go see this even if you paid me.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
499 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Rather, go to NoahtheMovie.com for the REAL biblical story of Noah, and you can get DVDs for as little as $2 each to give out to friends, family or view at church!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
It is telling that the director of the movie is an avowed atheist.

Bob Phillips
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2257 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Go see "God's Not Dead" instead! Great writing, great acting, awesome message!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
I always wait for reviews on these types of movies before I go see them. I want to make sure I'm not using my dollars to support someone taking advantage of faithful people while trying to undermine the faith or dilute and distort the message. Early reports on this movie suggested that it cared less about the truth and the message and tried instead to shoe horn an environmental message into the film. Seriously! Climate change is the religion of Hollywood more so than Christianity.

That's why one of my favourite religious movies is "The Gospel of John" since it sticks to the text religiously (pun totally intended). I also appreciated "The Passion of the Christ". I hesitate to use the word "enjoy" because the movie is hard to watch. I think that watching it at some point during Lent or on Good Friday though can be profitable. It really drives home how much God loves us to humble Himself as a man, to walk with us, to suffer and die horribly for us. And while He did it for all of us, He would have done it for any single one of us.

I've been reading "Show Me the Way" by Henri Nouwen which is a fantastic book of daily reflections and prayer for Lent. I recommend tracking down a copy. It took me a while but it was totally worth it.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Never trust Hollywood to present an accurate depiction of the Bible. Look how The Last Temptation Of Christ made their success at the box office. The director, or someone leaked controversal plots of the movie to Christian radio stations before the movie was released. Next thing you know churches are protesting the movie, picketing at theatres across the country, making news headlines all over the country. Many who never heard of the movie were now curious to watch the movie because of the controversy surrounding its storyline.

Christian Churches were easily manipulated into advertising the movie and making it the success it. If the Vatican walked away from this, then they were the smart one. The Christians who participated on the movie as consultant's should feel embarrassed and ashamed of themselves. At least when Judas betrayed Christ he returned the money and then hung himself. My feelings are the Christian consultants won't be returning any money, or having trouble sleeping at night.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Here is a link to what I think is an interesting take on the "Noah" movie. It deals more with worldview than with concern over specific biblical inaccuracies.

http://drbrianmattson.com/journal/2014/3......he-devil
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
The most outstanding production I have seen of Noah was at Sight and Sound in Lancaster, PA. If you're looking for terrific Bible productions, all of which present the gospel clearly in each production, make your way to Branson or to Lancaster. If you also want to be impressed with stagecraft, be sure to take a tour behind the scenes. I had heard how terrific the productions were but the reputation fell far short of the actual experience. I was absolutely and stunningly amazed at the quality.

Bruce

http://www.sight-sound.com/WebSite/home.do
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hey FCMers: Don't flood to see "Noah" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL