The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Silk to Egg Application? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
When I was at Abbott's last year, Bob Sanders gave me his "I Don't Do Blue Material" wonderful blue silk to egg routine combined with Bob's nicely made red/blue 20th Century Silks. I was fooling around with this finally this weekend along with my Mardo Egg Bag- I think all these three effects could easily combine nicely together for sure. Since I am too lazy to look it up in my Tarbell Gospel application book (which I have packed away someplace), any silk to egg/egg bag Gospel routines out there anyone may know about? Thanks all Smile
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
499 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Go to the Ant or the Rock Badger or the Locust for an application, lazy magician! Bwahahahaha!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Stephon- lol!

Luke 11:10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 11 What father among you, if his son asks for[a] a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Just brainstorming this Scripture so take it with a huge grain of salt, but...

Maybe you could base a routine around how sometimes in this world we get deceived by things that will never satisfy- the fake egg, but our heavenly Father gives good gifts freely to all who ask- salvation and forgiveness, to name a few. Just as we wouldn't give our children a scorpion when they ask for an egg, our heavenly Father wouldn't give us any less than what is best for us, would never deceive us and will always meet all of our needs. Crack real egg into glass.

It's rough, I know, but maybe it'll help you think of something.

Also...

Maybe there's an Easter application in here as well. Jesus died and was buried- Jesus silk turns into egg. Describe how Easter is more than eggs and candy. Talk about the resurrection. Silk reappears. Offer to teach trick and talk about the good gifts a Father gives referring to Luke above ^^^. How God gave us the awesome gift of Jesus and that the things the world has to offer and the Easter they celebrate aren't all they're "cracked" up to be. Crack real egg in glass. Ooh! I think I like where I'm going with this! lol Smile

I don't know- but let us know what you come up with.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
SheikMozart
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of SheikMozart
Theodore...that Easter idea is brilliant!
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Thanks Sheik! Praise God Smile I like it so much I just may use it myself. lol
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Great ideas above, thanks so much. Truly outstanding.
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1020 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
After giving the "explanation" of a fake egg some of the topics you can talk about :
1. Phoney vs real Christians(eggs)
2. The hollow feeling and emptiness without Christ in the life.
3. Before God can fill us with His Spirit we first need to be empty of self.
4. God is free to use us when we have a "broken" and contrite spirit.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
499 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I was of course kidding, and I do have an application for suggestion:
You will need a fake egg, a real egg, and a tattered or dirty silk. I think just by reading the following patter you will be able to see how the trip progresses with the dialogue:
You explained that the silk represents "us in our sinful state without Christ. That all our own righteousness is like filthy rags in the sight of God."
"But God draws us into his loving hand, gives us faith and forms us into a new creature in Christ." (Reveal egg)
"Now when the Father looks upon us, He sees us as a 'good egg' being Justified by Christ's righteousness"
"now, I'll have to show you have the trick is done to explain an important point: Though God sees us as righteous immediately, it is because we are 'covered' by the righteousness of Christ" (show hole and silk inside) "we are still sinners saved by grace"
"But the Holy Spirit does change us throughout our life to be more and more like Christ" (reinsert silk and do the dirty work)
"when the Lord returns, or we die, we will see Christ as he really is, and the Bible says we will be transformed to be like Him"
"and any remnant of our sinful self in this life will be discarded forever (peel spot off) and we will be truly righteous through and through, (crack egg) because Jesus has made us righteous"
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Silk to Egg Application? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL