We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Reynold's Zarrow (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I thought this might warrant a mention here. Jason England had said that there is a DVD in the works which I think many members here would be interested in. No real news yet, but I've heard Steve has a wonderful zarrow and that it solves the problems that Mr Plants solves in a more traditional fashion.
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
I'm interested in this too

I did message Jason England about this and he said that it was going to be put out by himself, Paul Wilson and Steve. No release date currently set
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Have you seen him do it?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I haven't seen him do it, in a recent penguin lecture Steve Reynolds showed a basic idea on the zarrow, which wasn't the best I'ld ever seen, however there was something on there that he didn't want the camera to see which looked pretty interesting. (You only get a small look at it)
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I'm also sure that if Jason or Steve see this they might give us an update as to when it is available or a progress report.
Anyway I'm really looking forward to it. I'm still trying to track down the Sadowitz book on the zarrow cull and have become quite interested in zarrow applications.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sounds great thanks.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
chrishftr
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of chrishftr
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, Bobbycash wrote:
I haven't seen him do it, in a recent penguin lecture Steve Reynolds showed a basic idea on the zarrow, which wasn't the best I'ld ever seen, however there was something on there that he didn't want the camera to see which looked pretty interesting. (You only get a small look at it)

You can find the idea you are talking about in the e-booklet "SRO: on site insights"
It's th e Zarrow Bottom-Line Shuffle
"This is considered by some of the Top cardmen in the world to be the REAL WORK on the Zarrow Shuffle. This looks like a straight shuffle, but the entire order is retained."
I agree with Bobbycash, this is not the best idea you can see on the zarrow.

To see Steve Reynolds perform his zarrow, you can take a look at his DVD "seek 52", on the trick called "Two Shuffle Waltz"
His zarrow on the dvd don't look as good as I expected.
Perhaps he didn't perfom his best zarrow to not show it, like during his lecture on Pinguin ?
In fact during the explanation, he didn't do the zarrow at all, he just said to perform it, take off the top card, put the other half, and reassemble the deck.
That's because he don't what to show his handling.

I think it will be a mistake to waiting and expect a miraculous tip about this shuffle.
But why not...
Before all, I'm waiting to see a really convicing zarrow shuffle from Steve Reynolds.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Hi chrishftr,
I have the booklet and I do like the idea of the bottom line zarrow. I'm excited about it just because I can see something but can't figure out what exactly is happening in Reynold's zarrow that I want to replicate. I really can't put my finger on it though.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks. I have not heard of any of that.

Tommy
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
I believe steve also has a zarrow workbook. So that might help till the DVD comes out
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1968 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Steve reynold also released a dvd a while back that taught? his zarrow along with some card routines....
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I believe he did have a old DVD that is quite hard to find these days. The new project however from what has been stated in various lectures that is filmed by Paul Wilson with Jason England and Steve Reynold's on screen discussing the Zarrow.
The workbook for the Zarrow from what I've researched was in conjunction with Steve's 'Skelton Key to the Zarrow Shuffle' Lecture and I'm not sure if it's available as a stand alone. Anyway when more public information comes out I'll post updates as that's the best I can do.
SReynolds
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of SReynolds
I have not performed the Zarrow as I teach it in my workshop on any DVD. Though I have discussed some of my ideas in a few places as detailed in this thread.

The Bottom-Line Zarrow is just a way to SET Up for the shuffle and allows for a straight cut.

The workbook is available free to those who attend my workshop.

As to the expertise that backs up the handling: This is based on the work of Edward Marlo and my own experimentations over 22 years.

As to the release date of the DVD, that will be made available soon. I don't know what it is.

I'm excited about finally getting all my work out, so others can learn the work.

The point of all this is not to show how well I do the shuffle, but on providing the tools so that you can do it well.

This is not one or two finesses, but an entirely different approach to learning it and in some key ways it is much different than any in print.

Take Care,

Steve
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Wow thanks Steve,
I look forward to it. I'll definitely be grabbing a copy.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sounds very interesting, thanks. I will have to look into this "workgroup". I don't know what that means.

Tommy
SReynolds
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of SReynolds
At the workshop/DVD (eventually) I turn those who can't shuffle into those who can. Even if you never Zarrow, you will learn the technique of shuffling in general. In fact, the shuffle style I teach allows you to branch off into other riffle Shuffle Tactics (i.e. Tabled Faro Riffle Shuffles, Stacking, Strip-Out/Push-Through Shuffles, etc.).

So, the workshop and the DVD are not just for those who want to do the Zarrow--it just happens to be my specialty and so I teach my detailed approach.

And just for the record: My goal has never been to outshine any other shuffler. We're all "special people" with something to share with you, so you can add to your knowledge of this powerful tool.

I wouldn't put it out if I didn't think it was something considerably valuable. Think of it as my first Major Contribution.

Thanks again for all your interest.

Steve

PS Contact me with any specific questions. I'll help you in any way that I can.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Thanks Steve for more info, I'll keep waiting patiently for the release. Looking forward to it
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
So the workshop is like a live action game, rather than an on line thing. I live in England and too far for me but it sounds cool. Thank you. Good luck with the DVD I will when they come out.

Tommy
magicbart
View Profile
New user
Chambly, Québec, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of magicbart
Hi all,

When Steve was in Montreal, I took the workshop and it worth every penny.

Steve is a great teacher and takes the time to be sure that every step is well understood.

Now I use his techniques for the zarrow all the time.

Its a AAA+ for me

Marc
What your brain can imagine, you can create it. Dont wait, just do it.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
I got to hang out with Steve the other day and see the Zarrow from any angle. You can't see ANYTHING.

This isn't just a small addition to the Zarrow, it's a full reworking and it's freaking deceptive.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Reynold's Zarrow (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL