We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Reynold's Zarrow (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3116 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Why is my comment gone? I'm not allowed to doubt of a "freaking deceptive" Zarrow?

Never seen one in my life! Prove me I'm wrong.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I have seen many people deceived with a Z but none of them was named Arnold as I recall.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3116 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hahaha. Sure, it depends the knowledge of the guys around the table and... the procedures in use for the shuffling procedure. But usually Z-shuffles are far from being deceptive if you pay attention.

BTW tommy, we soon can't play Poker anymore in the pubs! WTF?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
We have an interest in a bar but we never did have a game there. I don't know the rules really. I mean I am just a silent partner in that joint. I have not heard anything. I did notice there is quite a few poker tables for sale on ebay today.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, AMcD wrote:
Why is my comment gone? I'm not allowed to doubt of a "freaking deceptive" Zarrow?

Never seen one in my life! Prove me I'm wrong.

I'm quite optimistic about the project, but I once again agree with your assessment about the state of the zarrow Arnold.
Here's to hoping Steve fools you Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3116 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Anybody can be fooled, me first. And I like been fooled.

But the Zarrow? Nah. It's just the mechanics of the move. I've seen good ones, for instance by the Magician Christian Chelman, and a couple of others. But it's always in a Magic contexts and it wouldn't go with Gambling procedures. At least the one I know.

Anyway, just my opinion.
yannisb
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of yannisb
Quote:
On May 8, 2014, AMcD wrote:
Anybody can be fooled, me first. And I like been fooled.

But the Zarrow? Nah. It's just the mechanics of the move. I've seen good ones, for instance by the Magician Christian Chelman, and a couple of others. But it's always in a Magic contexts and it wouldn't go with Gambling procedures. At least the one I know.

Anyway, just my opinion.

I totally agree with you Arnold. Christian Chelman's Zarrow is beautiful:)
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I thought I might bump this with some more news. Looks like Dan & Dave will be releasing the project which they announced would be out quite soon (on there most recent coffee with dan & dave, they are working on a trailer atm). However, Steve Reynolds has just been (maybe out by now) from hospital. Hope he gets well soon
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
I recently spent a few hours with Steve Reynolds (who is feeling much better thank goodness) at this years ('14) GGG convention and can attest that his work on the Zarrow is really something special. I have the Gary Plants monograph, which I really like. However, Gary's choice of cover just isn't for me. Steve Reynolds approaches the shuffle from another angle that allows (in my view) a more natural grip, square up and 360 degrees of cover, all without any excess coziness.

If you ever get a chance to see Steve lecture, or session with him, you'll find that the quality of his work is exceeded only by his kindness in sharing and explaining it.
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
I want to add that Steve's work on the Zarrow is great, and I watched him teach people how to do it within a workshop, step by step. He has a different take that Gary Plants, who also has excellent work on the shuffle, and if you plan to use this shuffle, I really think you need to get as much material as you can.

Steve's work is great. He's a nice guy as well. So is Gary. Do yourself a favor, get them both, and learn all you can learn. It's a great tool, and there's no reason to not avail yourself of all the information that you can. You'll wind up with a preference, I am sure, but you need to know your choices as well.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Are there any news about Steve's DVD?
I read in another post (from Jason England) that release date would be "later this year"...
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1704 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
BigSmile,

The video has been completely edited and we are having the DVD authored very soon. We could have been ready a few months ago but when Gary Plants released his Zarrow DVD we decided to wait a bit. That was so we didn't create any confusion in the marketplace and also because Gary is a friend of ours and we wanted his DVD to have the spotlight it deserves.

If you haven't already bought Gary's DVD, you should - it is excellent.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Hi Jason!
And thanks for your fast answer.

I already have ordered Gary's DVD (it did not arrive yet) but was curious about your and Steve's project.

All the best from Germany,
Carsten
slowdini
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of slowdini
Ok. I'm hooked. I have the Zarrow book. Looking forward to the Steve Reynolds release.. In the meantime: Where can I order the Gary Plants book?
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2014, slowdini wrote:
Ok. I'm hooked. I have the Zarrow book. Looking forward to the Steve Reynolds release.. In the meantime: Where can I order the Gary Plants book?

You can order directly from Gary here: www.thecardplant.com
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
270 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Any update on Steve's DVD release date?
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I was fortunate enough to actually go and see Steve for a couple of hours in New Orleans a week or so ago. (He also has a great deal of knowledge of Marlo and Bro Hamman)
IMO it is the work on the zarrow shuffle. He knows how to teach it and it looks more similar to the style of shuffle that we are used to seeing. It will take a while for me to get used to the method of doing it, but I'll keep working.
I don't have any info on the release date, but I do when it is available it will be worth it.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
270 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Thanks ..I attended a lecture by Steve a few years as well and he did his Zarrow. I agree he is excellent and I never forgotten how good it was. Can't wait for the DVD.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
270 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Has been another month, has anyone heard of an update on the release date?
Jerry

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1209 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Certainly anyone who was jazzed about getting Gary's take on the Zarrow shuffle has purchased his DVD.
Please release Steve's DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Reynold's Zarrow (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL