The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loxley by David Forrest (104 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, Your Thinking Cap wrote:
Incredible!

You're not wrong there! It's been my go to effect for the last few weeks. I've enjoyed having exclusivity but now the time has come for everyone else to experience this powerhouse effect first hand.

Thanks Dave for your generosity in releasing your masterpiece.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Great trick.

And his little girl is so lovely !!!

Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
Video performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvmSYE1dFNM
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
"I think that is aaaaabsolutely fair !"

"..but remember, I do not have a phone !
It's Dave's phone !!!

Congratulation, great effect and performance !
It's always a pleasure to watch Dave Forrest's
new effects: a true, direct, uncut performance
from the beginning to the end,

no "Michael bay-blockbuster-style" Trailer with
20 "real" spectator reaction (but short cut into
3-4 second segments each), overmixed with
30 overhyped words and statements......;-)

So I have one question:
Do you need a phone for the prediction ?

Magic Chris
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1756 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, Magic Chris wrote:
"I think that is aaaaabsolutely fair !"

"..but remember, I do not have a phone !
It's Dave's phone !!!

Congratulation, great effect and performance !
It's always a pleasure to watch Dave Forrest's
new effects: a true, direct, uncut performance
from the beginning to the end,

no "Michael bay-blockbuster-style" Trailer with
20 "real" spectator reaction (but short cut into
3-4 second segments each), overmixed with
30 overhyped words and statements......;-)

So I have one question:
Do you need a phone for the prediction ?

Magic Chris

You don't need a phone
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

The prediction can be done any way you want, written down, in an envelope or via phone.

The outcome is completely under your control, even though you control nothing! That is the genius of this effect.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4901 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have this now and it's very good and kind of as I thought . Slightly misleading in demo as creates the perfect scenario which will to be fair happen a lot . However there will be times when you have to cut the deck yourself before the reveal .
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ordered mine a few weeks ago and looking forward to receiving it. Heck- I didn't even mention Jamie's name and still Dave was kind enough to sell me one of the two he had left, lol! This is a similar effect to Doc Eason's Impossible Opener which is a fantastic effect. I recommend checking it out if you do not know about it.

RNK
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
The assistant sold me. Ordered mine just now. Smile
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
932 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Doc Eason's Impossible Opener ..... not what this thread is about... but since it got mentioned. Great effect!
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On May 2, 2014, RNK wrote:
Ordered mine a few weeks ago and looking forward to receiving it. Heck- I didn't even mention Jamie's name and still Dave was kind enough to sell me one of the two he had left, lol! This is a similar effect to Doc Eason's Impossible Opener which is a fantastic effect. I recommend checking it out if you do not know about it.

RNK

Don't worry about not mentioning my name when ordereing. Dave checked in and I made sure he knew you were a good lad.

Enjoy Loxley, and treat it with the respect it deserves.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On May 1, 2014, Tarik Flash wrote:
I have this now and it's very good and kind of as I thought . Slightly misleading in demo as creates the perfect scenario which will to be fair happen a lot . However there will be times when you have to cut the deck yourself before the reveal .

Not misleading at all if you know how to manage spectators.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 3, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2014, RNK wrote:

RNK

Don't worry about not mentioning my name when ordereing. Dave checked in and I made sure he knew you were a good lad.

Enjoy Loxley, and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Wow. you must be on his speed dial button because he got back to me rather quick.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment Jamie. Much appreciated!!

RNK
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

No problem RNK.

Magicians helping magicians Smile
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1701 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Well, this has just passed the wife test. Not A Clue. She wondered if it could be done hands off, and - thinking about it - quite a lot of it could, By no means all, but the first and the last stages - with careful management - probably could if that's your thing. This is very well thought-out, and the ending really kicks. The missus, whose standard reaction to card tricks is to yawn extravagantly, actually raised both her eyebrows in mild diversion. Yes, it's that good.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Received Loxley today and it is brilliant. Exceeded my expectations- Dave's achieved a perfect balance of effect and method. I can't wait to try it out.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got a copy yesterday. Straightforward and easy to do. A very nice effect. Performed it today and went over very well with very nice reactions. I didn't even have to make any additional cuts. Spectator did all the cuts and the whole process went smooth. Skill level - beginner. Even if you are a beginner this is definitely obtainable . If you like what you see I definitely recommend it.

RNK
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Is the result always the same, or can I go do a quick switch-a-roo in the bathroom and end up with a different card and a different position for the next performance?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1833 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, Gorecki wrote:
Is the result always the same, or can I go do a quick switch-a-roo in the bathroom and end up with a different card and a different position for the next performance?

You can easily change the number/position.

Without revealing anything, it is possible to change the card by switching it out in the bathroom as you mentioned, but you would have had to do some work before hand to do so.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Ordered this just now, before I'd checked this thread and saw that demo...now I'm really, really excited.

Love Dave Forrest's stuff...always excellent.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
That mentalist who offered Jamie £100 for the trick can't have been into magic for any length of time - a single viewing of the demo and one can work out the method. Perhaps he / she had been at the Midori!
That said, it's a nice trick, and I love the simple demo. It would definitely have lay people fooler doolered - and plenty of magicians it seems too.

The 'kicker' this trick has is one of those illogical 'non-kickers'. Think about it for a moment, it is totally irrelevent that the deck is blank. The effect is 'you knew where they would insert the joker'. So if the rest of the cards are all Kings, Aces, blank or just a regular deck, it changes nothing whatsoever. However, for some reason, the deck being blank seems to impress people. I'm not saying this to critisize this effect (which I rather like) but it just crossed my mind how such illogical things can make tricks seem more impossible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Loxley by David Forrest (104 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL