The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..25..30..35..40..45~46~47 [Next]
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Good to hear. Thanks for the update.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
782 Posts

Profile of roblane
That's brilliant, I don't do 'bookface' either, but hope to be train trackin' soon!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
I'm in for either the forum or facebook... or both.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
Atlas took me up on my offer to set up and host a private forum for Train Tracking owners. (yay, no Facebook!)

The forum will be up and running today or tomorrow.

There will be no registration page, verified owners of Train Tracking will be manually registered to the forum.
There will be no other way to get in.

Awesome news.

Indeed!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
Atlas took me up on my offer to set up and host a private forum for Train Tracking owners. (yay, no Facebook!)

There will be no registration page, verified owners of Train Tracking will be manually registered to the forum.

Steve, is this up and running yet? Thanks.

Preston
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Quote:

Steve, is this up and running yet? Thanks.

Preston

Yes the forum is now up and running, but I need to go over it with Atlas to show him how to register the members.

I assume that those of you who have pre-ordered the books will be added to the forum soon.

Since each member has to be registered one at a time by hand it will take some time, but that's the best way to maintain strict security of the forum.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Thanks for your work SeattleSteve, you da man.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

Here is the website for the forum:

http://traintrackingforum.com/

Nothing fancy, just a simple forum similar to the Café where TT owners can post questions, suggestions, ideas, etc.
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:

Nothing fancy, just a simple forum similar to the Café where TT owners can post questions, suggestions, ideas, etc.

Thanks, PW do we get with the book or do we have to PM you or Atlas?
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, fadattf wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, PW do we get with the book or do we have to PM you or Atlas?

I will discuss this with Atlas, we have not had time to Skype yet this week. As you can see, this all happened in the last couple of days and the
TT books don't ship until next month, so there is plenty of time to work out the details. All book owners will be contacted with forum login info.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Quote:

Very generous of both You and Atlas just the same. I didn't expect anything beyond the book.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:

Thanks You Very Much Smile
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Up and running in a day!
Fast work Seattlesteve, thanks.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
We all owe a debt of gratitude to Steve.

He contacted me and very graciously offered to both set up and host the forum. I'm tremendously humbled by his generosity and willingness to donate his time and expertise to help with this endeavour. As I wrote in 'The Last Stop', there are so many really good hearted people out there in mentalism, and I'm genuinely and truly glad to know each of you.

We'll arrange the details for the forum in the coming weeks and keep you all appraised.

Best,

Atlas
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
WOW, what a train journey this is turning out to be. Thanks Steve.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

Finally had my Skype session with Atlas and the train tracking experience was just as awesome as everyone else has said.

My word was "mortgage" ... NOT an easy word to guess!

And he did it again with a totally unrelated word and revealed many other words I had thought of during the process.

Amazing stuff!

Regarding the forum, Atlas is VERY busy right now wrapping up the book, getting it printed and ready to ship.

So don't expect anything to happen with the TT owners forum until a couple weeks AFTER the books have shipped and you've had a chance to read it.

Just know that the forum will be ready for you after you've had time to digest the book.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
One good deed deserves another. If it's OK with Steve, it might be a nice gesture if each of us that spent close to $300.00 on this book kick in another measly $5.00 and paypal it over to Steve. That would pay for server rent and a bit of his time.

Steve where I can I send you my 5 bucks?
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
I agree, this has to be one of the most supportive and freindly communities I have found.
Chris
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, sandsjr wrote:
One good deed deserves another. If it's OK with Steve, it might be a nice gesture if each of us that spent close to $300.00 on this book kick in another measly $5.00 and paypal it over to Steve. That would pay for server rent and a bit of his time.

Steve where I can I send you my 5 bucks?

I really appreciate the offer. Atlas was also VERY appreciative about me setting up the forum in our Skype session.

I see it as a win-win situation, it helps me to have the forum and since it was relatively easy for me to set it up I was happy to do it.

I'm NOT asking for any donations, but if it makes you feel better I will go ahead and PM you my Paypal address and I'll drink a beer in your honor. Smile
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Send it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..25..30..35..40..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL