The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..45~46~47 [Next]
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1226 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I finished reading train tracking earlier and tonight I'm gonna start reading it a second time but this time taking notes! This effect will take abit of memory work but when perfected you will have one hell of a payoff.
There is a novice presentation which atlas advices to perfect first before moving onto the master presentation, when reading the master presentation I had buttflies in my stomach its that f____ing good! I would even go to say that "to me" this is the holy grail because you are actually reading the mind of the spectator, there are no forces,nothing written down the spectator just thinks of any word and you will reveal that word at the end of the effect.

Atlas you should be REALLY proud of yourself with train tracking! Smile

Kieran
powen
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of powen
I agree Kieran. I read this in one sitting as my mind digests things better having a birds eye view of the entire thing.
I shall now read over again in much more detail. I haven't changed my set for some time other than minor refinements but TT is going to change that.
I haven't even begun to practice or master it yet but I already know it will be my "go to" piece and will massively augment my current work.
Genius!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yeah same here, I have more or less mastered the first part of it, I will now begin to work on the next part, when all the pieces fit together this is gonna be one hell of a piece
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
424 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
You guys have revved my mind into overdrive with excitement about TT. I'm out at my mailbox waiting, joyfully.

Happy Birthday Atlas and to all those celebrating today.

Train Tracking is a celebration for all of us! Thanks Atlas!!!
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
501 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
The TT owners forum will be up and running very soon.

Traded emails with Atlas today and we are working out the details for setting up the user accounts for all TT owners.

Watch your email!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Daren
Guitamagic, you are gonna love this, I cannot put the book down, well ok I just did cause I typed this, but you know what I mean! Lol
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Happy Birthday Atlas - and thank you for coming up with such a gem. Smile

As others have said, it is going to take some time to master Train Tracking BUT at the start of the book Atlas describes an effect with coins. This in itself is brilliant and will be using it while I get to grips with the full method. It is a much simpler version of Train Tracking but nevertheless has great power.

I'm loving it. To use a cliche, an effect to 'get your teeth into.'
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Can the method be converted to other languages?
Mainly Hindi?

Thanks!
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, shakuni wrote:
Mainly Hindi?

Thanks!

With some (maybe a lot) work - yes.
I haven't received it yet, but talked with Atlas and other about that topic.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
501 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Received my copy of TT today, all the way out here in Seattle ... about as far away from the UK as you can get and still be in the U.S.

Mine shipped on July 14, so the rest of you should get your books in the next day or two.
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
Received my copy of TT today, all the way out here in Seattle ... about as far away from the UK as you can get and still be in the U.S.

Mine shipped on July 14, so the rest of you should get your books in the next day or two.

I'm only 1.400 km away but postal service isn't the best here. No delivery on friday, saturday, sunday and monday - it's ridiculous; especially when you are waiting for something.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, shakuni wrote:
Mainly Hindi?

Thanks!

Atlas' original position on this was that TT could be adapted to any language using the A-Z alphabet. It would probably be possible with other alphabets, but since my knowledge of such languages is very limited, I can't give this guarantee. I've talked with Atlas about translation processes, and agree with him that for most common languages, there will be suitable resources easily accessed that will do the hardest part of the work for you. But once the hardest part is done, it still needs quite a creative and attuned mind to sit down and give a few hours careful thought and trialling in order to map out the "tracks". Not impossible, but I'd be doing a disservice to say that it would be a simple matter.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Quote:

You're a lucky guy Steve. I'm here in Seattle too and I haven't received mine yet. Sounds like it should be soon though! Smile
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@C.J. @fadattf

Thanks a lot for help.
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Finally I got mine (#119) too.
I hope that Steve is right and everybody will get theirs within the next days.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
The TT owners forum will be up and running very soon.

Traded emails with Atlas today and we are working out the details for setting up the user accounts for all TT owners.

Watch your email!

Steve,

That is very generous of you. I am looking forward to both.

Best Regards,

Sean
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, shakuni wrote:
@C.J. @fadattf

Thanks a lot for help.

Just read the first time over the first track part and as far as I can say for the german language I am quiet sure that the system is adaptable. It will take some research and a bit oft try and error to find the best way but it will work.

Can't wait to discuss it in the forum with other (german speaking) people.
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of dan the man
That is very good news, thank you very mauch!
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
When the TT Forum eventually is launched, can we lock/delete this thread as it will not be necessary anymore. There is no need to discuss any aspect of Atlas work called Train Tracking but in the official forum because it is almost sold out already. Therefor let us airbrush Train Tracking here. Atlas took too much effort to keep it more or less under cover. Now as we got the chance to learn TT, we should respect that more than ever!

Thomas
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Received mine yesterday, lips are sealed and can't wait for the forum. Thanks Atlas and Happy Belated B-Day.

PS The TT dedication was as sweet and touching of a dedication that I've read in any book. =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL