The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..45~46~47 [Next]
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2014, Lseeyou wrote:
Does anyone already use this in other languages?

thank you

Have you read the thread?

It's been stated clearly that it will take weeks and months for users to master the English techniques which Atlas has explained in full.

It has also been stated that it will take a lot of extra work to convert the method to other languages.

It is clear from the posts in this thread that the books were shipped about a week ago.

So... with all that in mind... what do you think?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
There is a group of TT owners in the forum working on a German language version.

But like previous posters have said, it will take a LOT of extra time and work!

It's hard enough learning TT if you are a native English speaker.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
#109 has arrived safely in New Mexico! My wife and daughters are asleep, and I'm settling in to read, and these early pages are very exciting!
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

I've been working overtime to get TT owners set up in the owners forum.

I have now added all the owners through Book #141 that Atlas has given to me so far.

Unfortunately, I have not had time to read my own copy of TT yet because I'm spending all my free time setting up user accounts in the TT owners forum.

I hope to dig into the book soon.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2014, MatCult wrote:
Have you read the thread?

It's been stated clearly that it will take weeks and months for users to master the English techniques which Atlas has explained in full.

It has also been stated that it will take a lot of extra work to convert the method to other languages.

It is clear from the posts in this thread that the books were shipped about a week ago.

So... with all that in mind... what do you think?

MatCult I think I own a thank you!
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
A new happy owner here, my book arrived yesterday Smile I've read the 20 first pages and indeed I have the feeling that this will be REALLY beautifull. I'm already excited by the concept I've read and it's only the beginning of the journey! Of course I will have to work on a french translation but, regarding the value of the final destination, I will be strong-willed for that task.

Quote:
On Jul 23, 2014, NeilS wrote:
The beauty of Train Tracking is that the concept can be taken in different directions. There will be some who will learn and present it in its purist form while there are other little nuggets and ideas which can be used in other ways.

As I said I've only read the beginning but I absolutely agree with you Neil, and in this context the forum and the exchange of ideas between the owners will be inspiring Smile
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I got from the thread that it can be translated to any language that uses Latin/Roman script. Can anyone confirm if it can be transformed to be used for languages that use non-roman script. Thanks!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
#95 has arrived. Let the fun begin! Wahooooooooo!
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Just received mine. I love the design and knowing Atlas other stuff it should be great inside also. Would be glad to exchange with other French users on this. If you feel like it just pm me.
Thanks
Eric
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, shakuni wrote:
I got from the thread that it can be translated to any language that uses Latin/Roman script. Can anyone confirm if it can be transformed to be used for languages that use non-roman script. Thanks!

If your language uses an alphabet and not"icons" (dont know what to call it in english) like japanese kanji or chinese it should work.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1703 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
It would be possible to develop a Japanese version because the words are written mainly as kanji pictograms but are also made up of syllables (and can be written in hiragana or katakana which are syllabic alphabets), so I think it could be done. *could* be done.

That said, it isn't a translation job, the whole effect needs to be rebuilt natively in whatever language it is going to be done in. These guys who are talking about bringing it into German or French aren't going to be just translating it, they've got a lot of work to do.

Phill
Check out the incredible Neural Miracle playing cards on Kickstarter:
-+: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phillsmith/incredible-magic-with-the-neural-miracle-playing-cards :+-
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Indeed it´s more than " just" a translation Smile
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
I think people need to be careful not to be rail-roaded into revealing too much info here. If you have particular questions maybe PM'ing Atlas would be a better idea than leaving any potential puzzle pieces on an open forum.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1094 Posts

Profile of rasp
We should bin this thread and chat in the owners forum out of respect for Atlas.
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, phillsmiff wrote:
These guys who are talking about bringing it into German or French aren't going to be just translating it, they've got a lot of work to do.

Phill

That's true.
But more details to translating will be discussed only in the closed forum.
It is possible but takes Mord than just translating.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

I think it's time to move this thread to Inner Thoughts or delete it altogether.

When I talked to Atlas a couple of days ago, there were only 13 copies of TT still available for purchase.

Any further discussion of TT on the public "Penny" forum should be limited to "can I still buy a copy of Train Tracking?"
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
506 Posts

TT Owners: If your book number is 31-141 you have already been added to the TT owners forum, you don't need to contact me to request access to the forum.

You should have received a "welcome" email from "Train Tracking Owners Forum" with your username and password.

Please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folders to find your email if you don't see it in your "In Box."

You must click on the link in that email to activate your TT owners forum account.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1703 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
OK Mods, burn it all down
Check out the incredible Neural Miracle playing cards on Kickstarter:
-+: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phillsmith/incredible-magic-with-the-neural-miracle-playing-cards :+-
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, phillsmiff wrote:
OK Mods, burn it all down

It would be nice if someone could save this in some format and re-post this discussion on the owners forum for the sake of preserving some pretty major history. A lot of ground has been covered in the last 20 pages, and it would be a shame to just "burn it down".
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
#165 has hit my doorstep!

Very excited...a truly beautiful looking book! Cheers to Mr. Smiff! Cheers to Mr. Brookings!

Nathan

NOW burn it down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL