The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..16..23..30..37..44..45~46~47 [Next]
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, C.J. wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, psychomind wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Hi guys,

Before I say anything else, let me say thanks for being so supportive and understanding. You really are a great bunch and I'm relieved that you were sympathetic to my perspective. I hate not answering questions or being nebulous, but I am sort of stuck on this one.

As far as the release date, I'm still shooting for the end of June. I'd like to release it in time for the Lecture on the 12th of July, so if you are in attendance, there wouldn't be an extra cost for shipping and I could hand deliver it. I expect that shipping would be around £5 extra for the UK and no more than £10 extra for anywhere else, though I haven't checked into it yet to be honest.

Best,

Atlas

Atlas does that mean the book will be £150?

Atlas has never mentioned a price. All the relevant, confirmed information is in this thread. If it's not said in these 4 pages, then it isn't decided (or public) yet. There aren't any secret details being withheld as far as I know. Then again, maybe I'm just not a member of the secret cabal?! Smile

Ya I know,but in his earlier post he did say that it will be around £150 so I thought the price wouyld be £150.
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
I assume all questions regarding the cost and copies will be answered due to the release. Smile
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
This evening I got a call from Atlas. We chatted about stuff. Atlas went above and beyond in helping me with a routine. He is a true gentleman and I am very greatful for his ideas and advice.

Well of course, Train Tracking came up in conversation. Part of me wanted to experience this phenomenon and part of me didn't want to hassle the poor guy after he had already been so generous with his time. I couldn't resist though and Atlas was kind enough to oblige with a demonstation (or two) of Train Tracking.

Guys, I thought of the word 'wallet'. He nailed it and I giggled like a schoolboy. I laughed out loud as I experienced my brain go into melt-down. During the process he also described many of my other thoughts some of which were very fleeting including a childhood memory. He was 100% on the mark everytime. I've been performing for over 30 years and I cannot remember the last time I felt like this. I was blown away, completely and utterly destroyed. So, YES it really does fool performers.

We had a great chat about how Train Tracking evolved and we discussed the almost limitless possibilities for this concept. Atlas is an easy guy to talk to, before we knew it we'd been on the phone for a considerable length of time.

So thank you Atlas for your help and advice and ideas and for allowing me to experience Train Tracking! I look forward to seeing you in July.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Met Atlas yesterday, not only is he a top class guy, train tracking is amazing!!!!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1476 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Really, really excited about this one...
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Is there a video of this I could watch. It sounds great, but I like to see it to make sure I understand the trick before I buy. A link would be appreciated. From your descriptions it sounds like they think of a random word, then you talk for a minute, and then you tell them the word. Is this correct? because this is powerful stuff, and could even be used to learn my enemies secrets if I make them think of something I want to know! Smile
thanks,
Zach
Reality is a real killjoy.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Is there a video of this I could watch. It sounds great, but I like to see it to make sure I understand the trick before I buy. A link would be appreciated. From your descriptions it sounds like they think of a random word, then you talk for a minute, and then you tell them the word. Is this correct? because this is powerful stuff, and could even be used to learn my enemies secrets if I make them think of something I want to know! Smile
thanks,
Zach

How long have you been doing mentalism for?
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I have not been doing it long, so I will read the classics first. I assume that means this is difficult, but it sounds like it is worth the practice.
Reality is a real killjoy.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
I have not been doing it long, so I will read the classics first. I assume that means this is difficult, but it sounds like it is worth the practice.

Ya, you should read the classics first.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3949 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Smile Yes, this will require a reasonable amount of dedication and dicipline I believe. But worth EVERY second!!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Well.... Wow.

I just spent an hour with Atlas as he ran me through Train Tracking multiple times and demonstrated the various ways it could be directed and the different outcomes that can be hung on it. The basic description that's been given so far ("Think of a word, chat with me, and I'll tell you what the word was") is a bit simplistic. Train Tracking is much more, and if you choose to do so, can culminate in a series of quick-fire reveals that pull apart the layers of your spectator's thought process faster than they can say "Ogres are like onions"!

Atlas asked me not to share too much, which was a reasonable request, so I'll keep it simple. My description of Train Tracking would be: Find the passenger, pick them up, and take them wherever your heart desires. Not only can you drop them off at a mindblowing station, you can also name every other station that they've passed through on their journey.

Regarding the method, Atlas said to me, "Once I know where they are, I can put them wherever I want them". That, to me, sums up the brilliance of this. As Kinesis said, Atlas can use the same method to reveal my thought of word, or to catch fleeting glimpses of my childhood memories. He can do it as a drawing duplication. He can do it in person or over the phone. He can do it for one participant, or three at a time. He can do it as a feat of influence or a feat of mindreading. It's THAT big.

This is not a complicated concept, but at the same time it *is* an intricate device and purchasers should recognise that this will require a reasonably strong mind, a degree of effort to learn, and some dedicated practice. But having said that, it is amazing fun, and the potential impacts are vast. This is not just a trick, it's a scaffolding which you can build as high as you like, and on which you can hang just about any embellishment or decoration your heart desires. Put in the effort, and Train Tracking will serve you well.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Luccky
It sounds amazing ! I can't wait !
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
This is sounding more impressive every day, with another month before its released how much better can it get.

This seems like a must have technique what ever it costs!
Chris
Kincaid
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Kincaid
Amazing, looking forward for this release.
I hope I can develop this technique to my language.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3444 Posts

Profile of Looch
Kincaid - TT has been developed for the English language, it may be possible to develop a different language version but its not a task I would in ANY way like to take on!!!
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On May 20, 2014, looch wrote:
Kincaid - TT has been developed for the English language, it may be possible to develop a different language version but its not a task I would in ANY way like to take on!!!

now this is quite a discouraging post, because I planned to purchase this and to adapt it for me to the german language.

don't you think it is achievable?
my English is not that bad. Smile
Kincaid
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Kincaid
Thanks for the information Looch.
As gourmet said above, yes, it's a little discouraging. I planned to adapt it for the portuguese language.
However I'm still intrigued by the methodology behind and the possibilities.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3767 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
It is definitely possible to adapt this to any language once you understand how it works but I would not expect it to be an easy task.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Maybe the "foreign" purchasers could connect in some way to help each other with the task of the adaption in the specific language?

I think a purchasers forum could cope with that issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..16..23..30..37..44..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL