The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20..26..32..38..44..45~46~47 [Next]
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On May 27, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2014, insight wrote:
As I predict this will be a one-of-a-kind book in mentalism, and one that communicates the discovery of a groundbreaking principle, I would be happy even if the price were in the $500 range. Let's not forget that contained in the book is something Atlas has spent so much time creating and perfecting, and the sharing of this valuable knowledge will do wonders for all of us performers. Even if the book were $500, we would likely recover this cost through bookings. I wish Atlas only the very best in this release, and hope it is wildly successful for him (and remains exclusive to the purchasers).

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On May 26, 2014, BMWGuy wrote:
Zach,

Only Atlas can answer that question in due time, as he is trying to get a release date of late June, and if we are patient Atlas will chime in here, let us know the amount of copies that will be available, as well as how much it is going to be afterall. But yes, I assume that being this is something very special and limited, this will be over $100 easy. Atlas had said something one day along the lines of 150 gbp, but he was not sure as of yet if that was going to be the final price until he has completed many steps in the writing and printing process.

We will all know shortly when it comes time to unravel this book.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro

He could charge that much, but I pray he does not because I can't afford that.

Zach this is not meant for you. As both Atlas and myself have told you in other threads this isn't for you or other 14 year old beginners. You simply aren't ready for this, but you do not seem to be hearing this from those that have taken the time and patience to kindly tell you of this - Atlas, Bob Cassidy, myself and a host of others. No offense but just stating the facts. You would be out this amount of money which at your age I'm sure is a great amount and wouldn't likely be able to benefit from this yet at your very beginning stages of just starting to search for the basics and foundational mentalism principals. This would be way over your head at this point, save your money, and learn that you can't always jump on every latest and greatest release that comes through these pages, especially in the beginning stages.

I hope you accept this as constructive criticism and not take offense.

I was not planning on using this right when I bought it, but I will not always be a beginner. If It is limited edition, and I wait until I am ready for it then I will not ever be able to do it.
Reality is a real killjoy.
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Quote:
On May 27, 2014, RedDevil wrote:
Or...you can you ignore that advice and possibly prove everyone wrong. Never let someone tell you what you can't do (when it comes to matters of dreams and hopes). Where would mankind be if kids always listened to their elders and waited until they were 25 to push the envelope? Obviously, common sense has to be applied here. We are not talking about doing drugs, drunk driving, or driving your bicycle on the Interstate. Obviously, your elders' advice will help you live longer. But when it comes to trying new things, aiming for something hard, or proving that a 14-year old can do something amazing, show 'em wrong if you can, or learn from it if you can't.

I can name 100 great pioneers who were stubborn youngin's and ignored similar advice and did something amazing. Mindpro is likely 100% correct that you are not ready for this, but sometimes you have to find out for yourself. If you decide to spend this kind of money for this and you find that he is right, you should acknowledge it and learn something from it. That $250 disaster may just save you thousands later in life because you have that lesson to lean on. That's how the rest of us learned (hard mistakes and tough-earned experience). But if he is wrong and it causes you to go on and do amazing things that lead to other amazing things, I suspect he will be glad he was wrong.

I suspect that many of us on this board (regardless of their hierarchy of posts or actual knowledge and experience) are on this board because when we were children, we were interested in things like magic/mentalism, we researched things, we studied, we practiced, we failed, we embarrassed ourselves, and we spent countless dollars on tricks and books and videos (DVD's)...that are in the junk drawer. And then some of us turned pro, and I doubt they regret a thing. And some of us do something totally different, but wouldn't take a zillion bucks to change our memories of being 14 and being the kid at the magic store and taking an old deck cards and performing the same darn trick over and over and over until our families wanted to kill us.

Later on down the road, when you are 70, I hope you will tell some other kid the same thing. I would rather see the kid swing the bat and miss because he is out of his league than I had him wonder what would have happened if he had swung. This life ain't no dress rehearsal.

Well said.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Never had the pleasure to witness it in firsthand but it mainly sounds like a combination of two other methods. Very curious how this is going to turn out.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
For those of you who have been train tracked, was your reaction different than the one of the spectator in this particular clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDXXJDRhDOY

Nothing was written down, a process was utilized, and a word was derived without asking any questions. If you were train tracked, was your reaction similar? If different, how so? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2253 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Mike,

This is different altogether. I cant say too much on here, but just know that in the clip he wasnt even able to guess the participants original word she thought of, and just named a presidents name.

With train tracking, you guess multiple thoughts, and you also divine their original word. The clip reminded me a lot of a book, that those of you in mentalism who know, is a process called "CXXXXXXXX" from a book called "PXXXXXXXX" I don't want to say more on here, but that is all the clip above shows, his version of the thought of word effect from the book.

Train tracking is a completely different effect. And to answer your question............yes the reaction was easily five times greater, because not only does Atlas tell you everything you thought of during the process, but also tells you the original word you thought of.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Thanks alex. I was just curious about reacton differential, that's all. I already am familiar with method, and I have no interest in discussing methods. Thanks for answering that your reaction was 5x the reaction in the clip...that is helpful!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi guys. I'm just popping in to address a few things:

First, I do use this on stage. At this point in the show, the audience interest is intense and their reaction is great. The book talks about how to present Train Tracking on stage (there are a few ways I use it) and it is something I've refined over time. I'd suggest that you follow the guidance I lay out in the book in this respect.

Second, as far as the method is concerned, there is nothing else like this out there. It is a unique and completely bespoke solution to a problem I faced. Overall, from inception to where it is now, Train Tracking has taken up six years of my life. I'm very pleased with it.

Third, Train Tracking also won't be available to just anyone - and especially not to people who have fished for a method via PM with those I've demonstrated it for - if you want this, you've got to demonstrate a RESPECT for our secrets or this is one that will be withheld from you.

Best,

Atlas
morgaine_le_fay
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fay
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
demonstrate a RESPECT for our secrets

Words of wisdom Smile
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Hi guys. I'm just popping in to address a few things:

First, I do use this on stage. At this point in the show, the audience interest is intense and their reaction is great. The book talks about how to present Train Tracking on stage (there are a few ways I use it) and it is something I've refined over time. I'd suggest that you follow the guidance I lay out in the book in this respect.

Second, as far as the method is concerned, there is nothing else like this out there. It is a unique and completely bespoke solution to a problem I faced. Overall, from inception to where it is now, Train Tracking has taken up six years of my life. I'm very pleased with it.

Third, Train Tracking also won't be available to just anyone - and especially not to people who have fished for a method via PM with those I've demonstrated it for - if you want this, you've got to demonstrate a RESPECT for our secrets or this is one that will be withheld from you.

Best,

Atlas

Well Said Atlas!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
I fully support and adhere to your wishes Atlas. This one is too good to let loose.
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I think that what Atlas said should be used with more releases. That is a brilliant idea.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Atlas, would you say that TT takes about the same amount as of effort asThought Chunnel to perform, maybe more? Overall after reading those thoughts of whom have witnessed this, it seems to be promising!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi Lunatik, look back over the thread and you'll find that your question has already been addressed more eloquently than I could by others who are currently learning Train Tracking.

Best,

Atlas
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks Atlas, I probably have a couple of pages that I haven't read as of yet, now I have something to do tonight!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I applaud the stance Atlas is taking on the release of this book.

Namely, who it will be released to.

Maybe it's the start of a response to the modern concept of instant gratification, and the feeling of entitlement that is becoming more and more prevalent in our art, and the world in general.

As long as I qualify, otherwise I think it sucks Smile

steve
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Smile

I'm with Steve!
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of dan the man
So how does one qualify? Smile might be useful to know, since I've already begun working overtime for this..
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
My assumption was 'disqualify' by way of method fishing...
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3637 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
How does one qualify? I shall start by offering to wash Atlas' car and cut his lawn, maybe carry his bags, failing that I shall move on to begging and grovelling, if that fails crying usually goes a long way.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
morgaine_le_fay
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fay
For my sake I hope it won't be the amount of posts on the Café, otherwise I'm in deep... trouble.

(start with your favorite cold reading routine, perhaps something like this:)
"I think it might be about what Mr Young said.
And about sharing.
But being a woman, I might be way off...
Or not...
Some men don't like to share, but Mr Atlas does it, even when the effect is his and his alone.
Sharing in the largest sense of the word of course. Giving back to the community what the community has given to you.
Not just money. Money matters, sure, but this is about more.
About who you are, what you stand for, and whether you will use this effect as just another new trick.
Or understand the weight of it -- without all possible psychostasia.
But how does one weigh the worthiness of intent?"

Yes, I love scripting

Smile

xxx Morgaine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20..26..32..38..44..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL