The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23..29..35..41..45~46~47 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2266 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
As bond says, just PM Atlas with your interest, and he will have you squared away.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, BMWGuy wrote:

Now that I have worked it a bit, probably have it down about 25% already, I can say that many of you will love it or hate it. The reason why I say hate it, is because you will not want to put in the required time, practice, this effect deserves, and you will want to throw in the towel early.

It is funny that you should say that. At the start of the book, I ask the reader a question:

'If I told you that you were standing ten feet above a treasure chest full of gold, silver, and jewels - Would you get a shovel and start digging?'

Some things are worth the effort - and in this case, you won't even break a sweat.

Best,

Atlas
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10096 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

.... for those of you that don't want to spend the time to really learn this and make it yours, save your money and don't buy it, you need to be absolutely 100% comfortable, every step of the way, and it will not be something you can do relatively quickly.

Now that I have worked it a bit, probably have it down about 25% already, I can say that many of you will love it or hate it. The reason why I say hate it, is because you will not want to put in the requires time, practice, this effect deserves, and you will want to throw in the towel early.

Now I think that's the best perspective heard around here yet. I feel many that are so hot for this will not be willing to put in the necessary work to get the results they are seeking. To me, this is the beauty of such a release, is that it will quickly separate the serious from the curious as the cream will rise to the top.

In this day and age of so many newer guys and bandwagon jumpers looking for instant gratifications and results and wanting to be spoon-fed everything right now, today in this "I gotta have it now world", this may be a refreshing alternative that will show those who are truly committed, have what it takes and truly "get it". Good for Atlas! To get the results, to create the impact and to perform something at such a level of what I believe Atlas is offering will require much more than plug-n-play. Very nice, I wish more releases were like this.
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
I think this is the way mentalism is going, and I really hope it is too

Look at things like Ben Sewards Cog. An absolutely beautiful and stunning effect but it takes many hours of practise to perform it perfectly.

Those that put the time and effort into such an effect would reap the reward of having a stunning piece of propless mentalism at there hands. Those that don't, will not have the experience and skill as those that do.

I have created an effect which I'm in the process of writing at the momment that takes a rather large amount of practise and dedication to perfom perfectly.

I received feedback from some who think the effect is too hard and pointless. And some where they absolutely love the principle (I don't mean to hijack the thread atlas, I actually sent a draft of the effect to atlas just the other day).

I haven't seen train tracking. Nor do I know the method. But I trust atlas and his material more then anyone else. And I know for a fact myself and others put forward the time and effort into mastering the effect. They will be paid back ten fold
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, Matt Chalk wrote:

Look at things like Ben Sewards Cog. An absolutely beautiful and stunning effect but it takes many hours of practise to perform it perfectly.

Those that put the time and effort into such an effect would reap the reward of having a stunning piece of propless mentalism at there hands. Those that don't, will not have the experience and skill as those that do.

I have created an effect which I'm in the process of writing at the momment that takes a rather large amount of practise and dedication to perfom perfectly.

I received feedback from some who think the effect is too hard and pointless. And some where they absolutely love the principle (I don't mean to hijack the thread atlas, I actually sent a draft of the effect to atlas just the other day).

I haven't seen train tracking. Nor do I know the method. But I trust atlas and his material more then anyone else. And I know for a fact myself and others put forward the time and effort into mastering the effect. They will be paid back ten fold

Could you elaborate on the effect? If you want it to be "Top Secret" I understand, but you made me curious.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Blackpool, England
377 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Hi Atlas,

Tried to PM you to register my interest but your inbox is full so I hope this works instead!

Cheers,

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Shuaige
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shuaige
Hi Mr Brookings,

I'd love to register my interest to purchase this. Your inbox is full. Thanks!! Smile

Regards
Shuaige
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Quote:

Could you elaborate on the effect? If you want it to be "Top Secret" I understand, but you made me curious.

Like I said I don't want to hijack the thread.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Hi Atlas

Like other people I tried to send you a message but your inbox is full.

Thanks
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
Quote:

Zach, please study the classics. You need to understand the classics before you go advanced.

Thanks
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, psychomind wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zach, please study the classics. You need to understand the classics before you go advanced.

Thanks

I was not looking to learn to do the trick, I just wanted to know what the effect was. I did study a classic, but I decided that mentalism is not for me. I think that any mental effects will be mental magic.
Reality is a real killjoy.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, psychomind wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

I was not looking to learn to do the trick, I just wanted to know what the effect was. I did study a classic, but I decided that mentalism is not for me. I think that any mental effects will be mental magic.

If your are trying to do mental magic, look for Oz Pearlman's lecture he is both mentalist and magician.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks for the heads up. My inbox now has some more space in it.

Best,

Atlas
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. My inbox now has some more space in it.

Best,

Atlas

Thanks Atlas, sent you a PM Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
It would be so nice if you (Atlas) would sign and number the limited number of copies and also provide a video demo (private access only) for those who order Train Tracking. These are just suggestions, of course. Regardless, I have already made my commitment. Much success, my friend.

Preston
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The price is 159 GB, roughly $270 USD. Limited to 200 Hard Copies. Shipping by mid July.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
123 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
When you look at the different aspects of your life or performances, you naturally remember different experiences that appear to be very random. Experiences that don't appear to be connected in any way at all. But when you look back, you see how its been a journey of connected weird synchronistic experiences that lead you in a certain direction.

See the train of events, you'll be surprised at what you might find...

Scott
x
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
I just pre-ordered this.
I just couldn't miss out on this one.

I'll get started now.
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, magus wrote:
I'll get started now.
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

That's funny magus!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I am pre-ordering this today, right after I come back from Disneyland. What great news about the release---it made my DAY!!!

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23..29..35..41..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL