The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..24..29..34..39..44..45~46~47 [Next]
CSK Sr
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania, USA
14 Posts

Profile of CSK Sr
The private Facebook page was very helpful for those who purchased The Prodigal, and I believe the same would be true for those who purchase Train Tracking.

CSK Sr.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
I would definitely prefer a forum instead a Facebook group to be honest.

Following the different threads should be much easier than in a fb group.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2014, Gourmet wrote:
I would definitely prefer a forum instead a Facebook group to be honest.

Following the different threads should be much easier than in a fb group.

Same here.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Love the idea of private forum Smile
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there broader interest in a private forum where ideas can be discussed?

Best,

Atlas

Oh yes, but preferably not Facebook. I'm not on it and don't want to be!
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there broader interest in a private forum where ideas can be discussed?

I've discussed the "translation thing" with Gourmet and I'd also suggest a private forum.
That would have the benefit for a more structured discussion and you can make subsections for different languages and/or products of yours.
Beside of that I don't have a fb account Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Okay. I'm easy. I'll go along with the forum idea.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Being a newbie on Penny, I'll be happy to even be considered by Atlas.
Smile
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Another vote for a forum and against Facebook!
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Hi Atlas, sent you a message.
Best
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Put me down as another "old fart" who is Anti-Facebook and Pro-Forum. I know that makes me "so 20th Century" as the kids say, but I go on FB only a couple times per year to wish my kids happy birthday on their FB page and other than that I have no interest in it, I never see any of the messages that people send me on FB.

Now get off my lawn! LOL
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
I agree a private forum would be great for tracking individual topics , however facebook does provide the security, administration and hosting for free with little work to create and maintain.

I also hardly ever use facebook.
Chris
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2014, CSArscott wrote:
...facebook does provide the security, administration and hosting for free...

I didn't realize there were issues with security here or that there was a fee. I'm not a facebook user to any degree myself but am down with whatever is deemed the best way to go.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

I own a dedicated web server. I would be willing to host and admin a private forum for Train Tracking owners for free (especially if it means I don't have to use FaceBook!)

I'm an experienced "computer geek," I've been working online since 1995 but I don't like FaceBook.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Funny Steve, Im a programmer as well but for some reason am put off by Facebook too. Haven't ever bothered to analyze why... I just don't like the format for some reason.

That's interesting.
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Another vote for non Facebook. Like most people I too have an account. I almost never go on there either and am contemplating deleting it. A better option in my opinion would be an exclusive forum. Not only will it have the option to grow in itself as a platform but would have more flexibility and room to move as well as adding deeper and broader discussions to certain areas for the student. This will allow for topics to be categorised and have many other arms of discussion rather than just the one.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Adding another vote for the non-Facebook option. Groups on FB don't structure conversations logically, and I've noticed that recent changes also default to showing "top comments" rather than ordering them chronologically. This makes following trains of thought quite challenging, even for Train Trackers. I have a feeling FB has moved this way intentionally to discourage people from "conversing" in comments sections.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Atlas took me up on my offer to set up and host a private forum for Train Tracking owners. (yay, no Facebook!)

The forum will be up and running today or tomorrow.

There will be no registration page, verified owners of Train Tracking will be manually registered to the forum.
There will be no other way to get in.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
Atlas took me up on my offer to set up and host a private forum for Train Tracking owners. (yay, no Facebook!)

The forum will be up and running today or tomorrow.

There will be no registration page, verified owners of Train Tracking will be manually registered to the forum.
There will be no other way to get in.

Awesome news.
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
This just keeps getting better!
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..24..29..34..39..44..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL