The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..28..32..36..40..44..45~46~47 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, fadattf wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So I've now had a good nights sleep since I was train tracked.

Now I'm even more fooled than yesterday. I'm trying to think back on the process and work out how in the world he knew my word... I understand bits and pieces, but goodness, I don't see how it is possible. When I try to back track, I just don't get it. This is killer.

Since I have already bought some other manuscripts from Atlas I had no doubt that this will be another genius masterpiece.

But when I read such posts I can't wait to read this book...

It is definitely genius. I think one of the best things about this is it's freedom. You can really jazz it. I'm sure it's different every time Atlas performs it.

I also think one of the HARDEST things about this is keeping everything straight in your head. You could write down notes but I think that would take a lot away from the effect.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3268 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I'm glad it is going to take work. Too many mentalists are lazy. If actors can learn and remember 1400 lines of Shakespearean verse and prose when playing Hamlet, I'm sure a dedicated performer will be able to handle Train Tracking. Miracles don't come easy!
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
501 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
I'm glad it is going to take work. Too many mentalists are lazy. If actors can learn and remember 1400 lines of Shakespearean verse and prose when playing Hamlet, I'm sure a dedicated performer will be able to handle Train Tracking. Miracles don't come easy!

This is exactly why Atlas has suggested creating multiple membership levels inside the TT owners forum.

You have to put in the time and prove it by passing a "test" to move up to the next level for more advanced training and discussion.

So there is a reward for working hard to move up the ladder to more advanced training, and the people who just buy the book and don't work at it will be "stuck" in the beginners forum.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:

I agree. But this is also a very active memorization and always changing in performance (at least it appears so)

So I think this would compare more closely to an actor leaning a new show every single day. The plot is always the same, but the script is different every time.

Also, I love the idea of multiple levels of membership, I just wonder how the test could be "cheat proof" so to speak.
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
This is exactly why Atlas has suggested creating multiple membership levels inside the TT owners forum.

You have to put in the time and prove it by passing a "test" to move up to the next level for more advanced training and discussion

So there is a reward for working hard to move up the ladder to more advanced training, and the people who just buy the book and don't work at it will be "stuck" in the beginners forum.

I like that idea - since I'm not a native english speaker I'm a but afraid to reach that level and I'm not sure how to proove the progress but I hope that there will be a section for other languages. (but I think so, since I've talked about that with Atlas and other members here)
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
501 Posts

I'm just passing on the initial discussion I had with Atlas a couple weeks ago about the TT owners forum.

Atlas is very busy doing TT demos and getting the book ready to ship, so I have not had any further discussions with him.

After the books have shipped and people have had a couple weeks to read through the material, we will open up the TT owners forum and work out all the details for how to determine who is qualified to move up to the next level. Nothing is set in stone yet, this is a work in progress.

The main point I wanted to make is that Atlas is very aware that TT requires a lot of work, so he is trying to provide a "carrot" to make you work harder rather than giving you all the advanced training just by logging into a forum.

As most professional trainers know, the vast majority of people who buy their stuff will never put it to use. In fact, some won't even read the whole book or watch the videos.
This is true in all fields, whether it's magic, marketing, real estate, etc. People are inherently lazy.

So I give Atlas a lot of credit for recognizing this and trying to make sure people actually get their money's worth out of the book by giving them incentive to get more training if they prove they are doing the work.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Oh it's definitely brilliant. No doubt. Especially a couple of weeks after I start learning it. I'm going to need the motivation to push me and keep me going. I'm GOING to learn and perfect this. It's just going to require a lot of hard work on my part.

I'm not sure if I've thanked you, but thank you for offering to make the forum. I'm excited to see what this thing grows into Smile
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10072 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:

It could be argued the two routines in the limited first edition of 'Pure Effect', which were excluded from future editions, did more to influence and, arguably, advance mentalism in the Uk than any publication in the last 50 years.

You've got to be kidding. You don't really think that do you?
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3268 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:

It could be argued the two routines in the limited first edition of 'Pure Effect', which were excluded from future editions, did more to influence and, arguably, advance mentalism in the Uk than any publication in the last 50 years.

You've got to be kidding. You don't really think that do you?

Hi Mindpro, I don't wish to derail the Train Tracking thread with my thoughts on Pure Effect, so I'll keep my answer brief. Obviously I was indulging in a little hyperbole (especially the 50 years bit) but, actually, the more I think about it, I do believe it to be true, for the reasons I gave above.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18819 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just something I've noticed on this thread - as everyone is very excited about this release, I would ask that we all be very careful in what and how we talk about the project on this thread...

some of the comments are getting a bit close in giving minor clues...if there's a forum, which I believe there is, might be best to protect the secret and your money, by talking about it over there, rather than out in the open here?

its not even released yet - so lets be respectful towards the book and the knowledge that's being shared, I'm sure you wouldn't want to accidentally 'leak' any pertinent info to non-purchasers would you...
I've asked to be banned
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Just something I've noticed on this thread - as everyone is very excited about this release, I would ask that we all be very careful in what and how we talk about the project on this thread...

some of the comments are getting a bit close in giving minor clues...if there's a forum, which I believe there is, might be best to protect the secret and your money, by talking about it over there, rather than out in the open here?

its not even released yet - so lets be respectful towards the book and the knowledge that's being shared, I'm sure you wouldn't want to accidentally 'leak' any pertinent info to non-purchasers would you...

The forum won't be active until a few weeks after the books are shipped.

I'm not sure what comments you're referring to, but I think everything mentioned so far is very vague.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
I'm not sure what comments you're referring to, but I think everything mentioned so far is very vague.

Remember this is a public forum, and, you paid a nice chunk of $$$... it's not gonna kill anyone to refrain from posting ANYTHING. Hang in another couple weeks then you can go crazy!

Anybody else with me on that?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, sandsjr wrote:
Quote:

Remember this is a public forum, and, you paid a nice chunk of $$$... it's not gonna kill anyone to refrain from posting ANYTHING. Hang in another couple weeks then you can go crazy!

Anybody else with me on that?

I agree. I'm not arguing anyone's point. I think it's great to keep this under wraps. I was just stating I don't see where anything has been revealed.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Atlas has just posted a photo of the book on Facebook. Smile
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Yep seen them. Classy.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Love the looks of it.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3268 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I decided to treat myself to an Atlas Brooking morning - re-read The Prodigal, Crusade and The Real Thing. What a truly great thinker he is.

Anyway, I had completely forgotten that Atlas had mentioned Train Tracking in the Real Thing manuscript. I recall hoping at the time that he would release it some day -now that day is almost upon us. If he keeps up his previous standard we could be looking at something very special indeed. In any event, we're guaranteed some elegant prose that isn't riddled with typos, which is a blessing in our e-book age!
LenaTom
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of LenaTom
Is this only for english language or can it also be done in german?
Does anyone know this?
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
501 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, LenaTom wrote:
Does anyone know this?

I believe Atlas has said it only works in English.
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, LenaTom wrote:
Does anyone know this?

I will send you later a pm in german.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..28..32..36..40..44..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL