The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..45~46~47 [Next]
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Thanks for the update seatle steve
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, RedDevil wrote:
Any updates on when the rest of us late purchasers will be approved to enter the forum (I am 146)? Looking forward to exchanging ideas.

thanks!

There are a couple delays for adding the remaining TT members.

First of all, Atlas is on vacation. He has earned the time off after working hard to write, print and ship the TT books.

Second, we are changing the way that we set up members in the forum due to some problems we have encountered with the first batch of forum members.

So my advice is to read the book and practice TT. That will keep you plenty busy.

The forum is a resource to use AFTER you have read the book.

My "guess" is that we will get the rest of the TT owners added to the forum within about two weeks.

Steve, nothing is ever as simple as it first looks. Smile

I will suggest anybody that has a few extra bucks laying around that bought the book and is joining the forum, paypal Steve over a beer. He deserves it! Smile

Bobby
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, SeattleSteve wrote:
FYI ... Atlas just told me that all copies of TT have been sold.

For once, I was in the right place at the right time. Since I'm just getting started as a serious mentalist, I've missed out on many cool effects and products from the recent past that are no longer available.

For those of you lucky enough to own a copy of TT, the TT Owners Forum is rocking with 128 Posts in 22 Topics by 91 Members.

See you there!

I bought a copy a few days ago... or at least I hope I did. Sent a payment, but haven't received any info on shipping. I also tried emailing Atlas about chatting on Skype sometime but haven't heard anything,.. probably since he is on vacation.

I don't suppose there is anyway of finding out if a book is getting shipped to me or not? The link to purchase the book is still active and probably needs to be deactivated so Atlas doesn't receive a bunch of payments for books that aren't available anymore. One less headache he'll have to deal with when he gets back. Smile

I do kind of wonder if my payment made it in on time or not. I don't mind waiting for the book to come in the mail. I know it's been a lot of work getting these books out and setting up the forum, and I am a pretty patient guy. However, if I didn't make the cut, then I could certainly use that $300 on some other things at the moment. Smile

Anyone available who can give me more info on my order?

Thanks in advance.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of shakuni
The link to buy was taken off a couple days ago. Please refresh your web browser and check.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of learachel
I bought a copy a few days ago... or at least I hope I did. Sent a payment, but haven't received any info on shipping. I also tried emailing Atlas about chatting on Skype sometime but haven't heard anything,.. probably since he is on vacation.

I don't suppose there is anyway of finding out if a book is getting shipped to me or not? The link to purchase the book is still active and probably needs to be deactivated so Atlas doesn't receive a bunch of payments for books that aren't available anymore. One less headache he'll have to deal with when he gets back. :-

I do kind of wonder if my payment made it in on time or not. I don't mind waiting for the book to come in the mail. I know it's been a lot of work getting these books out and setting up the forum, and I am a pretty patient guy. However, if I didn't make the cut, then I could certainly use that $300 on some other things at the moment. Smile

Anyone available who can give me more info on my order?

Thanks in advance. [/quote]

The same for me! Nothing!
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, shakuni wrote:
The link to buy was taken off a couple days ago. Please refresh your web browser and check.

The link that Atlas provides on page 10 of this thread is still active though: http://www.atlasmentalism.com/TrainTracking.html

Also, if you google search "train tracking atlas brookings" the same link is the second result on the page. I just don't want the guy to have to deal with a whole bunch of cancellations/refunds and get bombarded by emails from people wondering where their book is. He's put a lot of work into this and deserves a break. Smile
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Don't worry you two, I got your orders fine and they will go out tomorrow afternoon when I get back.

Best,

Atlas
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Don't worry you two, I got your orders fine and they will go out tomorrow afternoon when I get back.

Best,

Atlas

Thank you for the quick reply Atlas. Look forward to it!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Judging from previous posts, Train Tracking clearly goes over well with mentalists. There are effects which go over well with mentalists but which may not impress a lay audience as much (In the same way aspects of a a virtuoso musical performance may impress a fellow musician but may fly over the head of Joe Public).

I don't own Train Tracking so I ask those who do: How do you think it will go over with a general audience, compared to more traditional offerings in a mentalist's repertoire? Is it suitable as an opener? Closer? For stage? For walkaraound? About how long does it take to perform? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Hey wasn't there a paypal email for seattlesteve if we wanted to make a donation for his work on the forum? I'm not in yet, but I know it will be a fantastic resource and he's put a lot of work into it.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:

Best,

Atlas

Thank you .I ll be patient , no problem.

Simon

Belgium
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, brad12d3 wrote:
Hey wasn't there a paypal email for seattlesteve if we wanted to make a donation for his work on the forum? I'm not in yet, but I know it will be a fantastic resource and he's put a lot of work into it.

PM him. I'm sure he'll appreciate the love.
John Locke
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
50 Posts

Profile of John Locke
Ahh! At last my copy of Train Tracking #88 has arrived in Toronto, Canada.
As many others have mentioned, it is a beautiful book.
And I look forward to starting it this afternoon.
Thanks Atlas for producing this creation which has produced much more than a ripple on the Café so far!

John M.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Has SeattleSteve Added all owners to the forum yet? I haven't seen an invite yet.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, Mark Storms wrote:
Has SeattleSteve Added all owners to the forum yet? I haven't seen an invite yet.

He is a bit busy and they changed the way to create users.
He thinks he will have added all users within two weeks.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Thanks for the update.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
501 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, Mark Storms wrote:

We are not adding any "new" TT owners to the forum at this time, I need to wait until Atlas gets home from vacation to work out a new method.

However, if your TT book number is between 30-141 you should have received a "welcome" email a few days ago with your username and password.

If you are in that group and did NOT find the email in your "junk mail" box, PM me and I will give you your username & password from my master list.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of shakuni
If you have received the book and feel that its something that you will not perform, then kindly consider selling it to someone who will! Send me a PM Smile
Thanks!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, shakuni wrote:
If you have received the book and feel that its something that you will not perform, then kindly consider selling it to someone who will! Send me a PM Smile
Thanks!

I'm not sure how Atlas would feel about that since he did do some vetting when he sold it and this would negate that process. Of course it is their book to do with as they choose.

I believe Atlas still have a small quantity of copies left if you are interested.

Even if someone didn't like it or would not perform it surely this book will quickly increase in value and in, say, one year could easily be worth twice its purchase price.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3097 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, shakuni wrote:
Thanks!

I'm not sure how Atlas would feel about that since he did do some vetting when he sold it and this would negate that process. Of course it is their book to do with as they choose.

I believe Atlas still have a small quantity of copies left if you are interested.

Even if someone didn't like it or would not perform it surely this book will quickly increase in value and in, say, one year could easily be worth twice its purchase price.

It's all about the coin these days isn't it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL