The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39..45~46~47 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Judging from previous posts, Train Tracking clearly goes over well with mentalists. There are effects which go over well with mentalists but which may not impress a lay audience as much (In the same way aspects of a a virtuoso musical performance may impress a fellow musician but may fly over the head of Joe Public).

I don't own Train Tracking so I ask those who do: How do you think it will go over with a general audience, compared to more traditional offerings in a mentalist's repertoire? Is it suitable as an opener? Closer? For stage? For walkaraound? About how long does it take to perform? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback.

Thank you, Magic.Maddy, for addressing my post. Is there anyone else who would like to put in their two cents?
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I think Atlas has been doing it for more mentalists lately due to the book coming out, but my understanding is that he has mainly been blowing the minds of lay audiences for several years. It obviously impresses mentalists and magicians tremendously, but I believe this is really designed for the general public. It is one of the most amazing pieces of work I have ever seen.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The video of Atlas using TrTr (don't we have to reserve TT for its original magic use Smile ) during his stage show is testament to the power of the method. The participant laughs in amazement, covers his mouth in shock and repeatedly shakes his head in disbelief. The look of wonder in the eyes of the other audience members is exactly what mentalism should be all about. And the applause and cheering are clearly heartfelt.

Great work Atlas. A very clever application of the TrTr principle that in my opinion has raised the bar on the particular technique you applied it to.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I can assure you that the lay public is happy and the mentalist who performs it is happy. I asked my secretary yesterday to think of any word. I told her she was thinking of "pot" and several other things she was thinking. For five minutes, I overheard her telling people about it and asking "How did he do that?!"

I am extremely pleased with my purchase.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Got my TT one week ago and was overexited after reading this master piece of work. It´s a so clever and powerful method, I'm really amazed by atlas thinking. I started to translate/adapt the first step in french yesterday and performed it for 3 people. It hit each time ! Wow. And it´s only a part of TT. I feel like luke skywalker training out to master the force Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2014, Luccky wrote:
Got my TT one week ago and was overexited after reading this master piece of work. It´s a so clever and powerful method, I'm really amazed by atlas thinking. I started to translate/adapt the first step in french yesterday and performed it for 3 people. It hit each time ! Wow. And it´s only a part of TT. I feel like luke skywalker training out to master the force Smile

Be careful Luccky Skywalker. You may discover Atlas is your father...
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Got to share this story. Today I was in a large bookstore waiting for my wife and daughter to finish shopping. I saw this kid who was walking around from group to group asking them to pick a card, and I just grinned. I saw myself when I was 12 years old. I walked up while he was performing and asked if I could watch and that I performed sometimes too. I got him to do one for me, and I told him he did a great job, so I asked him if I could show him a few things as well. Anyways, I do TT for him, and he just asks me, "How did you know that?"

And then walks off. Awkward.

About half an hour later, I bump into him again with his mother, and I introduce myself and say that I admire his courage in approaching people and practicing his craft, and he asks me to do something else. I saw his cards, and I had my speed loader p with me, so I did a quick card to wallet. He kept asking me to teach him, and I told him where I worked and that maybe I would help him one day. I then ask him, "Can I do something for your mom." She looks at me and smiles and says sure (I had pointed to my wife and told her that I was waiting for her to get out of Starbuck's so that she knew I wasn't a stalker...).

So I said to her, I see you have a ring and that you are married, correct? There is no way I can know your husband, right? She agrees. I said, "Okay, I want you to think of your husband's name."

I then performed TT with her, and she giggled with delight as I told her many things she was thinking. I then said, and by the way, your husband's name is Gus, right? But I think that is short for Gustavo, isn't it?

Homerun. Everything you could ask for in a spec's reaction. I feel like I am 12 again...
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Outstanding! Congratulations RedDevil as that is what it's all about. Makes me extremely encouraged excited and elated about Train Tracking and it's development.
Great work!
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2014, RedDevil wrote:
Got to share this story. Today I was in a large bookstore waiting for my wife and daughter to finish shopping. I saw this kid who was walking around from group to group asking them to pick a card, and I just grinned. I saw myself when I was 12 years old. I walked up while he was performing and asked if I could watch and that I performed sometimes too. I got him to do one for me, and I told him he did a great job, so I asked him if I could show him a few things as well. Anyways, I do TT for him, and he just asks me, "How did you know that?"

And then walks off. Awkward.

About half an hour later, I bump into him again with his mother, and I introduce myself and say that I admire his courage in approaching people and practicing his craft, and he asks me to do something else. I saw his cards, and I had my speed loader p with me, so I did a quick card to wallet. He kept asking me to teach him, and I told him where I worked and that maybe I would help him one day. I then ask him, "Can I do something for your mom." She looks at me and smiles and says sure (I had pointed to my wife and told her that I was waiting for her to get out of Starbuck's so that she knew I wasn't a stalker...).

So I said to her, I see you have a ring and that you are married, correct? There is no way I can know your husband, right? She agrees. I said, "Okay, I want you to think of your husband's name."

I then performed TT with her, and she giggled with delight as I told her many things she was thinking. I then said, and by the way, your husband's name is Gus, right? But I think that is short for Gustavo, isn't it?

Homerun. Everything you could ask for in a spec's reaction. I feel like I am 12 again...

Great job RedDevil!

And thanks for sharing all your tips and newly developed "secrets" on the TT Owners Forum.

You are really taking TT and running with it, that's what the forum is all about.
John Locke
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
50 Posts

Profile of John Locke
Do I have to initiate a contact in order to join the TT Owners Forum or do I simply wait to be contacted?
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2014, John Locke wrote:
Do I have to initiate a contact in order to join the TT Owners Forum or do I simply wait to be contacted?

Everyone who has a book has been added to the forum. Please check your "spam" email folder, lots of people are missing the "welcome" email.

If you still can't find it, PM Atlas or me.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
There is a TT group on FaceBook too, with some great tips and ideas being discussed.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Where is that? (facebook)
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Performed TT today and it went FANTASTICALLY!! They were complety stumped.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Just curious...

I read posts of people say they are performing this, yet the book has only been out a little while. I absolutely love TrTr and am currently reading though the book, absorbing the material, have "my shovel in hand and have begun digging". But, realistically, I see this as taking several weeks, if not a month or two to get this down to where I feel like I could perform it. Those that are performing it, are you using the novice presentation, the master presentation? Just curious, if so, how did you learn it so quickly? Or are you doing shortened versions? I'm stating to feel inferior!

;-)
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Just curious...

I read posts of people say they are performing this, yet the book has only been out a little while. I absolutely love TrTr and am currently reading though the book, absorbing the material, have "my shovel in hand and have begun digging". But, realistically, I see this as taking several weeks, if not a month or two to get this down to where I feel like I could perform it. Those that are performing it, are you using the novice presentation, the master presentation? Just curious, if so, how did you learn it so quickly? Or are you doing shortened versions? I'm stating to feel inferior!

;-)

I act a lot so the memorization necessary was easy for me to remember. I remembered it all in 4 days. Then I let it soak into my brain by not doing anything with it for a few days. Then I started trying it on siblings. I did a LOT of that. The trial runs helped me know what I personally needed help with. I'm still doing the novice presentation and will continue to do so until it is second nature. Then, and only then, will I move on.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
I am so upset. I keep reading your posts and my appetite is going crazy... but the cold reality is that usps probably lost my package.
I am not even going to the TTforum, this is bad enough.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, Heka Siosiri wrote:
I am so upset. I keep reading your posts and my appetite is going crazy... but the cold reality is that usps probably lost my package.

Oh no... That's TERRIBLE. I'm sorry for your loss.

MAYBE it isn't lost
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
The memorization is quite hard but if you stadied any memory techniques you should be able to learn this is 2-4 days (i don't have that much time latly so only remembered about 2/3 of it).
The hard part is getting so good with it that you can just jazz around in your performance (like Atlas can), but even if you just remember the process and use the novice presentation this still is an incredible effect for any layman.
Reader discretion is advised.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, Heka Siosiri wrote:

Oh no... That's TERRIBLE. I'm sorry for your loss.

MAYBE it isn't lost

It's "out for delivery" since two weeks...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL