The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Penny for your thoughts Ľ Ľ Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..15..22..29..36..43..45~46~47 [Next]
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
It's probably because some people will watch the video repeatedly until they get the slightest notion as to how the effect is done. Even if it were wrong they would be convinced that the way they think it is done is the way it is so they would not buy train tracking. Just my thoughts.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Who needs a video, it's from Atlas Brookings...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein






FACEBOOK
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3767 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, kinesis wrote:
Who needs a video, it's from Atlas Brookings...


This ....
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
COG provides a video.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3444 Posts

Profile of Looch
Let me say this...

As someone who is currently learning Train Tracking, if you were to watch a single performance of it over and over again, you would keep hitting a brick wall in regards to reverse engineering whatís going on. Thatís because a single performance doesnít take into account all the variables of what can occur in a performance. I absolutely love learning this...Itís NOT easy and will require some hard work and practise, which Iím very happy about, but for those who invest the time and effort into learning this technique and developing a presentation will find they have something in their tool box that really is something special.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
In that case, perhaps a video demo will be released?

Quote:
On May 13, 2014, looch wrote:
Let me say this...

As someone who is currently learning Train Tracking, if you were to watch a single performance of it over and over again, you would keep hitting a brick wall in regards to reverse engineering whatís going on. Thatís because a single performance doesnít take into account all the variables of what can occur in a performance. I absolutely love learning this...Itís NOT easy and will require some hard work and practise, which Iím very happy about, but for those who invest the time and effort into learning this technique and developing a presentation will find they have something in their tool box that really is something special.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3767 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
As none of Atlas' other products have video demos I doubt this will have one particularly as this will sell out quickly without one.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3767 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, John C wrote:
COG provides a video.

COG didn't provide a video when it was a limited edition, the video appeared when COG went on general release if my memory serves me correctly.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Hi Looch,

When you say that "you would keep hitting a brick wall."----does that mean that a spectator of reasonable intelligence would be able to make some some (though not all) educated assumptions as to how the effect was being performed? It troubles me whenever a spectator is able to attribute the effect to something even if it is not the method. Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On May 13, 2014, looch wrote:
Let me say this...

As someone who is currently learning Train Tracking, if you were to watch a single performance of it over and over again, you would keep hitting a brick wall in regards to reverse engineering whatís going on. Thatís because a single performance doesnít take into account all the variables of what can occur in a performance. I absolutely love learning this...Itís NOT easy and will require some hard work and practise, which Iím very happy about, but for those who invest the time and effort into learning this technique and developing a presentation will find they have something in their tool box that really is something special.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3444 Posts

Profile of Looch
Hi Mike,

A Participant would usually only experience the one performance but if they were to follow you around for an evening and watch you repeat perform TT... The more they watched, the more they would be in awe of your abilities as a master of the mind. 😉
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Would a performer see what is going on? Or does it fool performers as well?
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
3103
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, John Linden wrote:
Would a performer see what is going on? Or does it fool performers as well?


Mark Elsdon loved it and demanded to see it again. Looch immediately asked for a repeat performance. Marc Oberon was no different, and asks me to do it nearly every time we meet.

It fools performers, though due to the qualities of the word chosen, some may have an inkling of what goes on.

Whether or not it is convincing also depends, as does nearly every other technique out there, on the work you put into it. If you haven't practised to the point that you can be fluent and convincing, of course it will be awful and may be transparent. The 'Novice Presentation' isn't quite as convincing as the 'Master Presentation', and there are reasons for that. Certain relationships confound any theory that anyone might have begun to form, and the fact that other stuff isn't addressed adds to it. I can see why you'd ask the questions guys - in your position, I'd ask the same things - and I'd like to answer them, but in order to address some of them, you'd have to know the method and so they must remain unanswered. I'd hope that my track record in the past would buy me some goodwill and flexibility from you.

But in addition to this, I've showed this over Skype to a lot of people. I've performed it in person to a lot of people. These aren't just my pals - in many cases, I'd never met them before, it would be a situation when I'd just been asked by someone I know to perform it for them. The reaction has always been positive, and lots of these people have posted their experience here.

I'm not going to post a video demo of Train Tracking. You've got lots of people who have seen it that can vouch for it.

Train Tracking also has tremendous versatility in its application, and that might be one reason why people are so excited for this release.

You can also use it to:

Draw a picture someone makes in their head
Reveal a portion of a person's train of thought over a given period of time
Reveal a childhood memory

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.

To the people who are eager to have their questions answered, let me say that I'm VERY sorry that I can't address your perfectly reasonable questions - I'm not in a position to answer in a direct manner because of the nature of the method. The best I can do is refer you to the posts of those who have experienced Train Tracking. I understand if that disappoints you and respect your right to feel that way.

I hope I've helped provide guidance in at least in some small way.

Best,

Atlas
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Great answer Atlas. I would also love to experience Train Tracking as I've mentioned to you before but since you are busy I rather see you work on the release than satisfying my curiosity. Smile

Keep up the good work!
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Atlas, with your response, there is no way any person should be disappointed. You are an amazing creator (I know based on my past experience with your creations), and I certainly do not need to see a video to purchase Train Tracking. Moreover, your response was so courteous and sincere. I was already a huge fan of yours, but knowing that you are genuinely such a nice guy, only increases my loyalty to you. I fully support you in Train Tracking (and beyond)---all the best!

Regards,
Mike


Quote:
On May 13, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, John Linden wrote:
Would a performer see what is going on? Or does it fool performers as well?


Mark Elsdon loved it and demanded to see it again. Looch immediately asked for a repeat performance. Marc Oberon was no different, and asks me to do it nearly every time we meet.

It fools performers, though due to the qualities of the word chosen, some may have an inkling of what goes on.

Whether or not it is convincing also depends, as does nearly every other technique out there, on the work you put into it. If you haven't practised to the point that you can be fluent and convincing, of course it will be awful and may be transparent. The 'Novice Presentation' isn't quite as convincing as the 'Master Presentation', and there are reasons for that. Certain relationships confound any theory that anyone might have begun to form, and the fact that other stuff isn't addressed adds to it. I can see why you'd ask the questions guys - in your position, I'd ask the same things - and I'd like to answer them, but in order to address some of them, you'd have to know the method and so they must remain unanswered. I'd hope that my track record in the past would buy me some goodwill and flexibility from you.

But in addition to this, I've showed this over Skype to a lot of people. I've performed it in person to a lot of people. These aren't just my pals - in many cases, I'd never met them before, it would be a situation when I'd just been asked by someone I know to perform it for them. The reaction has always been positive, and lots of these people have posted their experience here.

I'm not going to post a video demo of Train Tracking. You've got lots of people who have seen it that can vouch for it.

Train Tracking also has tremendous versatility in its application, and that might be one reason why people are so excited for this release.

You can also use it to:

Draw a picture someone makes in their head
Reveal a portion of a person's train of thought over a given period of time
Reveal a childhood memory

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.

To the people who are eager to have their questions answered, let me say that I'm VERY sorry that I can't address your perfectly reasonable questions - I'm not in a position to answer in a direct manner because of the nature of the method. The best I can do is refer you to the posts of those who have experienced Train Tracking. I understand if that disappoints you and respect your right to feel that way.

I hope I've helped provide guidance in at least in some small way.

Best,

Atlas
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
I feel I was too hasty asking for a video demo as I was not familier with Atlas's reputation, having seen the comments from Looch and others on this effect and Atlas's other releases I eagerly await the opportunity to perform this.
Chris
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Same here....i must have missed it but any update on a release date
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Any Info on the exact price of the book Atlas?

If it is £150 then does that include shipping along with it?

Thanks
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
3103
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi guys,

Before I say anything else, let me say thanks for being so supportive and understanding. You really are a great bunch and I'm relieved that you were sympathetic to my perspective. I hate not answering questions or being nebulous, but I am sort of stuck on this one.

As far as the release date, I'm still shooting for the end of June. I'd like to release it in time for the Lecture on the 12th of July, so if you are in attendance, there wouldn't be an extra cost for shipping and I could hand deliver it. I expect that shipping would be around £5 extra for the UK and no more than £10 extra for anywhere else, though I haven't checked into it yet to be honest.

Best,

Atlas
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Hi guys,

Before I say anything else, let me say thanks for being so supportive and understanding. You really are a great bunch and I'm relieved that you were sympathetic to my perspective. I hate not answering questions or being nebulous, but I am sort of stuck on this one.

As far as the release date, I'm still shooting for the end of June. I'd like to release it in time for the Lecture on the 12th of July, so if you are in attendance, there wouldn't be an extra cost for shipping and I could hand deliver it. I expect that shipping would be around £5 extra for the UK and no more than £10 extra for anywhere else, though I haven't checked into it yet to be honest.

Best,

Atlas

Atlas does that mean the book will be £150?
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, psychomind wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Hi guys,

Before I say anything else, let me say thanks for being so supportive and understanding. You really are a great bunch and I'm relieved that you were sympathetic to my perspective. I hate not answering questions or being nebulous, but I am sort of stuck on this one.

As far as the release date, I'm still shooting for the end of June. I'd like to release it in time for the Lecture on the 12th of July, so if you are in attendance, there wouldn't be an extra cost for shipping and I could hand deliver it. I expect that shipping would be around £5 extra for the UK and no more than £10 extra for anywhere else, though I haven't checked into it yet to be honest.

Best,

Atlas

Atlas does that mean the book will be £150?


Atlas has never mentioned a price. All the relevant, confirmed information is in this thread. If it's not said in these 4 pages, then it isn't decided (or public) yet. There aren't any secret details being withheld as far as I know. Then again, maybe I'm just not a member of the secret cabal?! Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Penny for your thoughts Ľ Ľ Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..15..22..29..36..43..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL