We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44~45~46~47 [Next]
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I have not gotten this e-mail. Smile jaizon@hotmail.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1278 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
A big YES. This may be the best idea I have seen Atlas come up with (and he has a bunch of them).
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Didn't get this email, and it's not in my spam folder. Incidentally, I never got a forum invite either, but I didn't want to make a fuss..
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
wilko7
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of wilko7
Not had this email. I've checked my junk mail etc. Last email I had was regarding the Kennedy book.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3400 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
There's some amazing stuff in the forum C.J. Get yourself down there!
MrThomas
View Profile
Regular user
Magdeburg
120 Posts

Profile of MrThomas
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, Rolyan wrote:
To be honest the gimmick supplied already makes the proposed idea not only possible but completely 'unbacktrackable', but for small presentations (parlour, close up, walkaround etc.) this new 'thing' is truly outstanding and worth the price of the book alone. Atlas is a prize guy for offering the addition for free to existing owners.

As much as I like 'it' and the possible applications, I encourage every owner of TT to keep everything about this 'thing' either downstairs or better in the forum.

Think about it.

Best regards
Thomas
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
Guess I better get busy posting messages online here, or else I will miss out on the downstairs info.
Other than that little comment, I also didn't receive a messages proposal from Atlas as of yet. I did PM him though. I will keep an eye open.
Thanks!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Gotta get to the forum more often. Yes, of course, yes.
Shuaige
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shuaige
YES!!! Please go ahead.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Big thumbs up Atlas.. Great gesture too!!
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Atlas, it's certainly a YES from me.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks for so many responses. We are getting closer. If you haven't already done so, please respond via email or PM as I need to match names to my checklist.

Best,

Atlas
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1985 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
YES!

What a wonderfully generous gesture on your part, Atlas.

Than you for doing this and helping others in their time of need.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
rjbullock
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rjbullock
I have a question about TrTr... Assuming you have mastered the method, what is the *minimum* amount of time it takes to arrive at the final word? Is it ten seconds? Thirty seconds? A minute or more?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, rjbullock wrote:
I have a question about TrTr... Assuming you have mastered the method, what is the *minimum* amount of time it takes to arrive at the final word? Is it ten seconds? Thirty seconds? A minute or more?

Really depends on your presentational style. It could be 30 seconds or it could be 5 minutes. Really depends on how much you want to embellish. When I perform it, I think I start revealing their thoughts after about 45 seconds to a minute.

But I guess to technically answer your question, you could probably know it in 30 seconds.

Also depends on how nimble your spectator is. If they can't focus, you may pick up other thoughts and that can make the scanner less reliable. But for the most part, after the seven count, you're good.
rjbullock
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rjbullock
Sounds like a really innovative and cool addition to the mentalists toolbox... Hope to learn it some day!
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, rjbullock wrote:
Sounds like a really innovative and cool addition to the mentalists toolbox... Hope to learn it some day!

Me two, but I doubt we ever will.
Reality is a real killjoy.
rjbullock
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rjbullock
Oh, I wouldn't say that Zachary... In any case, there's so much mentalism under the sun, so many routines and methods. I don't really *need* another one but always like to add to my repertoire. I for one don't believe in "holy grail" methods... Unless you consider being a great actor and entertainer a "method" (method acting, ha!)... Isn't that what this business is all about?

Sorry to get off topic, just pointing out that those of us who missed the train on train tracking needn't feel TOO bad. If it's destined to be a classic of mentalism we'll all know it soon enough. It's just impossible to keep a truly innovative secret from getting out there eventually, for better or worse.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I'm ready to be Train Tracked! Smile

I'm intrigued by this effect but know very little about it. Any of you who have purchased the book and want to demonstrate it, PM me so we can set up a Skype session or something. Thanks!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, I've got a small announcement I wanted to make.

We aren't quite there yet, but we are close enough that I am confident that this will probably happen, so I thought I'd share the developments with the rest of you.

About a month ago, I sent out the following email to the original purchasers of the book. I am touched and gratified at their responses. We have some wonderful people in this field, and I'm just waiting on a handful to respond still, but thus far, there has been overwhelming support for the proposal and while I haven't had the time to thank each of you personally, I wanted to state here that all the credit belongs to each of you.

Here was the email:

I hope you are enjoying Train Tracking - and I had a question that I wanted to put to you.

You might know fellow performer and mentalist David Thiel. Recently, his daughter was tragically murdered by her spouse. The spouse is now in jail, and their five children left to deal with losing their father and mother in the same day.

Their children are now left alone.

What does this have to do with Train Tracking?

Well, Train Tracking is a limited edition book - with 200 copies being sold. However, I printed 250 copies as I wanted to make sure that if any copies were lost or damaged in the mail, that I could accommodate and replace those copies. I have had to do that a few times. In addition to that, I had a few extra copies to give to friends.

Of those 250 copies, I have just over 30 copies left.

Lots of people have approached me and asked if they could purchase the book. I've said no. My agreement was to sell 200 and no more.

30 copies just sitting in a box.

I've written this post asking whether it would be alright with you to send this box to David, and to let him sell the books and give the proceeds to his grandchildren.

I want to be clear - I am asking everyone, and if there is even a SINGLE no, I will not do it. And I respect your absolute right to say no, with absolutely no hard feelings.
I will also still screen every purchaser, only after they've been vetted would they be referred to David.

But I thought I'd ask anyway. It would mean roughly $8000 to these children, and I'd be happy to donate the books if it is acceptable to every one of you.

Please let me know.

In the meanwhile, if you'd like to donate personally, you can do so by clicking the link below.

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundra......d/173980

Best,

Atlas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Train Tracking - by Atlas Brookings (263 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44~45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL