The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » World's First All Gospel Brick and Mortar Magic Shop? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PeterSteele111
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of PeterSteele111
Have yall heard about the Gospel magic Shop that opened in gatlinburg, Tennessee? It's supposed to be the world's first all gospel magic shop only. I know Duane Laughlin has been through the shop but has anyone else gone yet? I know the website for it is EmeraldCityMinistries.org but I was curious if anyone else had heard of it? If So what do yall think about it and will it last?
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Looks interesting - the site seems to have items created by the owners... do you know if there are plans to expand the line?
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
PeterSteele111
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of PeterSteele111
Expand in what capacity? To stage or to more everyday items like silks and such?
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Perhaps to include others' work such as Laflin, Barry Mitchell, Dock Haley, etc?
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sound's great but wondering if it
can survive on gospel magic along.
Todd
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I'm not so sure. I looked at their catalog and the items seem to be overpriced. $9 for Professor's Nightmare? I know he has his own packaging, but really...not sure it's going to fly. Also there are a few tricks that raised an eyebrow..."Gospel Rope, Knot, & Nut"? and then describes Giovanni's routine. There are others.

Finally, if real Brick and Mortars can't make it, I'm doubtful that this can, even in the Bible Belt.
djjkarate
View Profile
New user
Always Sunny in Seattle
54 Posts

Profile of djjkarate
Hhmm.. I wish they would show videos of "performing" the trick... I like the magicgeek website so that I can see if the trick visually appeals to me..
Maybe I'll drop them a note and suggest this.. Then you would get the jest of the gospel message..
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, bowers wrote:
Sound's great but wondering if it
can survive on gospel magic along.
Todd

Doc owns five magic shops and a joke shop in Gatlinburg.
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Willjhenderson
View Profile
New user
Asheville NC
5 Posts

Profile of Willjhenderson
I have personally visited the shop. I enjoyed the shop but I don't perform gospel magic. I do not think it will be a shop directed towards magicians, but rather directed towards Sunday school teachers, VBS directors, and children ministry pastors.
Will Henderson
Illusionist. Speaker. Pastor.
Writer. Storyteller. Artist. Comedian.
www.illusionistwillhenderson.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » World's First All Gospel Brick and Mortar Magic Shop? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL